Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Someone really needs to remove that EU shovel for their own sakes. 

BBC News - Covid-19: UK hasn't banned export of vaccines, says PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56347716

That's two separate reports on the BBC that said "The EU also drafted regulations which would have overridden the Northern Ireland Protocol - agreed with the UK last year - potentially allowing it to stop vaccines bound for Northern Ireland."

This is not true.  The EU triggered article 16 of the Northern Ireland protocol.  They didn't draft regulations which would have overridden it; the actually did override it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Half the KP wouldn't get in, substance abuse is rife lol

Woke up in a really good mood today, just over 4 weeks until I can get my hair cut, get back in the gym and enjoy a beer watching the footy in a pub garden, just over 2 months until I can have a proper day sesh and be a scumbag and hopefully just over 3 months until we can enjoy Euro 2020/2021 without any restrictions, the pubs will be manic.

'How come L1 is empty? Covid?'
'Nah, just gear'

• Haha 2

Seven weeks ago to this day the highest number of daily deaths (1,823) were recorded in the UK at any point during the pandemic. On the very same day there were over 38,905 confirmed new cases. Staggering how much the numbers have fallen in that time. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This must feel like a dose of heroin to the person in charge of the daily updates

Well, I know that the suspicion about the Kent mutation was that it arose in one person who lived a long time with the virus; so long that it mutated inside him or her as it learned to cope with the antibodies it was facing.  If Dr. Danon doesn't think that's a possibility, I would be interested to hear why not.

On 09/03/2021 at 13:18, Izzy said:

My 14 year old daughters first day back at school today. She suffers from MH issues so was very apprehensive but we got her on the bus etc. so all good.

Just got a phone call from the school to say that she's "been in contact with a student who has tested positive" so we have to collect her and she now has to isolate at home for 10 days.

Fvck this bollux. She goes out her way not to come into contact with people and won't touch anything/one because of her OCD. Wouldn't be surprised if this other students test was a false positive anyway.

More disruption. When will it end? Pissed off.

This

Covid-19: False test results 'ruining' return to school

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56349116

Children in England are being unfairly punished by the insistence they must abide by "incorrect" positive results from rapid Covid tests, experts say.

Reports have emerged of pupils having to isolate after testing positive at school using the on-the-spot checks - only for a more reliable follow-up lab-based PCR test to find them negative.

Parents said it was "ruining" the return to school.

Rapid tests at home or in workplaces can be overruled by a lab test.

But the government has insisted this cannot happen for tests done in school - although it has been unable to explain why.

Dr Rachel Clarke, an NHS doctor, is another person who has been affected.

She said her son and 30 other pupils are out of school after one tested positive with a lateral-flow test, despite a PCR test later confirming the individual was negative.

"You really, really couldn't make this up," she said in a tweet.

"The idea of entire classes of children being kept out of school for 10 days due to one false positive test is awful."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Well, I know that the suspicion about the Kent mutation was that it arose in one person who lived a long time with the virus; so long that it mutated inside him or her as it learned to cope with the antibodies it was facing.  If Dr. Danon doesn't think that's a possibility, I would be interested to hear why not.

Mmmm Danon.

Sorry couldn't resist

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

This

Covid-19: False test results 'ruining' return to school

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56349116

Children in England are being unfairly punished by the insistence they must abide by "incorrect" positive results from rapid Covid tests, experts say.

Reports have emerged of pupils having to isolate after testing positive at school using the on-the-spot checks - only for a more reliable follow-up lab-based PCR test to find them negative.

Parents said it was "ruining" the return to school.

Rapid tests at home or in workplaces can be overruled by a lab test.

But the government has insisted this cannot happen for tests done in school - although it has been unable to explain why.

Dr Rachel Clarke, an NHS doctor, is another person who has been affected.

She said her son and 30 other pupils are out of school after one tested positive with a lateral-flow test, despite a PCR test later confirming the individual was negative.

"You really, really couldn't make this up," she said in a tweet.

"The idea of entire classes of children being kept out of school for 10 days due to one false positive test is awful."

Today's Daily Telegraph says they have changed their mind and a "proper" test can override the lateral flow test, once you can get it done of course.  The child and its friends still miss unnecessary days, but not so many of them.

Some studies (not yet peer reviewed) from the USA showing that Pfizer, moderna and J+J jabs aren’t effective enough against s Africa/Brazil strain. 

methinks that the underlying message from govt not to book foreign hols is based on the desire to keep as many mutations out of the country as possible.  remember the green list country post I made ....... could be that even this becomes a problem .....

of course what we need is data from Brazil on how many people who have had a Pfizer jab (or any jab really) have been hospitalised ........I guess we will find that out over the next couple months .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Sad 1

Had a couple of what i'm assuming may be side effects, but don't really know if they are related to the jab. pins and needles in my lower arm the last couple of days and tired as fvck, almost to the point of falling asleep whilst standing up. Could be the jab or could be sitting up late the other day watching the godfather till 2 in the morning.