Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's definitely off putting seeing more and more countries stopping the use of a certain vaccine. I don't think you're a lunatic anti vaxxer if you are hesitant about taking a vaccine a large proportion of the world are concerned isn't safe. I'm not having it until it's been declared safe, don't care what anyone else thinks of me for that but it's how it is with me. If all this goes away and it's declared fully safe I'll definitely have it but until that happens sod it, not going to be peer pressured or guilted in to taking something that might damage me, and I say this as a man who has had all his jabs for the different diseases etc off my own back in later life as my mum was all about that autism bull back in the day. 

It's been declared safe. They'll be back using it again very soon. 

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That may be so but this isn't Dr dickhead on YouTube stopping it because of concerns about its safety, it's large, powerhouse world governments. 

No, it's the WHO saying it's fine.

They're just taking a few days to check the numbers because one country flagged it they follow suit. 

It will be back in use soon.

Edited by Stevosevic

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No, it's the WHO saying it's fine.

They're just taking a few days to check the numbers because one country flagged it they follow suit. 

It will be back in use soon.

If that's the case I'll have the jab soon, I've no alterior motive, I don't think vaccines are bad, I think they're fantastic and even though I don't think I really need the vaccine as the likelihood of covid causing me any real problems are incredibly slim I understand how vaccines work and will happily pull my sleeve up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Tommy Hearns tweeted that Hagler died in an ICU from the effects of the vaccine, however his family said he died at home from natural causes.

Thank you.

Then Mr Hearns needs to get pelters for misinformation and be responsible for any death or suffering that is caused by folks believing what he said.

58 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's definitely off putting seeing more and more countries stopping the use of a certain vaccine. I don't think you're a lunatic anti vaxxer if you are hesitant about taking a vaccine a large proportion of the world are concerned isn't safe. I'm not having it until it's been declared safe, don't care what anyone else thinks of me for that but it's how it is with me. If all this goes away and it's declared fully safe I'll definitely have it but until that happens sod it, not going to be peer pressured or guilted in to taking something that might damage me, and I say this as a man who has had all his jabs for the different diseases etc off my own back in later life as my mum was all about that autism bull back in the day. 

Given that you don't care what anyone thinks of you for that opinion, you won't mind me calling you a moron.

Just look at the numbers. It isn't hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Everyone's entitled to their own personal choice, whether people agree or disagree with it.

Still gonna be a while for me, a good looking 20s something will be a low priority sadly:whistle:

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Given that you don't care what anyone thinks of you for that opinion, you won't mind me calling you a moron.

Just look at the numbers. It isn't hard.

I don't mind that as I think you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't want to put something in my body that could be harmful, I'd happily take any of the other vaccines that are widely considered completely safe. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everyone's entitled to their own personal choice, whether people agree or disagree with it.

Still gonna be a while for me, a good looking 20s something will be a low priority sadly:whistle:

...on a public health matter where other people might be directly affected?

I'm pretty sure there's legislative precedent that says otherwise there.

If there is one thing Covid has taught me... It is that i really dont know much and neither do most people or governments. I have learnt that our rights and freedoms can be removed and reduced in minutes... sometimes for good sometimes not.

Most of all, our ability to make individual choices is much less than i thought.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What will it take for it to be declared safe for you to take it? 

A grand total of 28 out of 10m have developed blood clots. There's been no proven link it's because of the vaccine they had (13 AZ; 15 Pfizer). A minute, small cluster out of a humungous sample size. 

If you're hung up on the numbers, have a look at the effect the vaccine is having on deaths, hospitalisations and cases since it was first brought in. Obviously some of that can be attributed to the lockdown taking effect, but there's definitely a causal link of the vaccine having the desired effect too in the UK. 

It's been approved by the relevant people/organisations here. 

I'm unsure on what more 'proof' - if you can call it that - you would need to be persuaded to take the vaccine. 

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/15/europes-caution-over-oxford-vaccine-about-more-than-the-science

Felt the above summarised the two main points reasonably concisely:

1. The EMA and WHO are investigating the incidents, but so far there is no evidence that any were caused by the vaccine.
  2. But the other factor in deciding on suspension could even be supply. In the UK, there are plentiful stocks. In Europe, there are not. AstraZeneca has just cut its proposed deliveries again, down to 30m doses in the first quarter, which is about a third of what was originally promised. Suspending the vaccine is easier in Europe if it is not available in great quantities anyway.

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

This is exactly what I was concerned about.  Let these idiots sabotage their own vaccination programmes, fine.  But they are also sabotaging ours.

Steve - this vaccine is not supposed to prevent blood clots.  It isn't the purpose.  Whether you take the vaccine or not, you are as likely to get a blood clot as you were before.  If you want a guarantee that you will not get a blood clot after taking this accine, it will never happen.  All they guarantee is that you are no more likely to get a blood clot than you were before.

And don't assume that a politician can't also be Dr. Dickhead.  Whatever their nationality.

The figures suggest the recipient is actually less likely to get a blood clot after taking the Ox-AZ jab! 

Seem to be a lot of experts on here who seem to know exactly how safe a vaccine is even though all they see is what comes out in the media (and data is limited).

Everyone has the right to make their own choice on this. If someone is concerned about a vaccine and they would rather wait until more data is available or this current review finishes, they are entitled to. You can give your opinion and view on it but at the end of the day, each individual has to assess the benefits/risks/data for themselves and make a decision,

It's a good thing to stop and check if something seems a bit wrong but I think there is a time and place. The negatives right now for those countries seem to far outweigh the risk of not vaccinating (but what do I/we know, we are only going on data/information available to us at this point).

I am pretty sure after WHO, EMA meetings this week, they will try to give confidence back that there is nothing to worry about at this point.

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Seem to be a lot of experts on here who seem to know exactly how safe a vaccine is even though all they see is what comes out in the media (and data is limited).

Probably best to look beyond the media then which a fair few of us have. I tend to not pay too much attention to what's displayed on the news. Not totally ignore it, but also not use that as the main source of anything these days... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...on a public health matter where other people might be directly affected?

I'm pretty sure there's legislative precedent that says otherwise there.

Nobody can force you to have the vaccine, which is what we're discussing. In trying to do so would only make those sceptical people even more unlikely to take it.

I'm unsure of any legalities that means you have to take the vaccine, so you'll have to explain that one.

55 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Everyone has the right to make their own choice on this. If someone is concerned about a vaccine and they would rather wait until more data is available or this current review finishes, they are entitled to. You can give your opinion and view on it but at the end of the day, each individual has to assess the benefits/risks/data for themselves and make a decision,

Spot on mate, this is why I rarely come into General Chat anymore, so much judgement from people and there has been since day 1 of this pandemic.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Probably best to look beyond the media then which a fair few of us have. I tend to not pay too much attention to what's displayed on the news. Not totally ignore it, but also not use that as the main source of anything these days... 

When I say media I was referring to everything available be that on TV, the web, social media etc. There is so much information out there, it is a blessing but also a big problem due to the amount of conflicting information and pure rubbish, all just a finger click away.

You are right though, it is good to not just watch BBC News and take it as gospel. I just think that at this point, the data is limited and can only give so much confidence. No one should be saying this is 100% safe, nothing is. However, as I say above, my view is that those countries stopping vaccinations are going a little over protective and will cause more doubts to already sceptic people in their countries about taking the vaccine. I am sure there are multiple factors as to why they have taken that decision (not all might be known to us).

Let's see how this week develops and if any of them U turn. For the UK, this is a critical point as vaccine supply is about to reach extremely high levels, so the last thing the government want is to sit on that if people are scared to take it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLAN said:

My youngest was back at school last week. Yesterday we were greeted at the gates with instructions to go home and isolate due to contact with a positive case. I hope this isn’t the start of that cycle again 

It will be. With 6,000k new cases a day it was just too early to open school gates without this happening. It'll bounce around schools like a common cold. 

Really we needed to wait for a greater drop in case loads but people are impatient. Dammed of you do; dammed if you don't.