Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Kasey Keller said:

Tell that to nightclubs.....and bars with DJs etc.

Yes, the thought did cross my mind while watching Boris answer one of his questions during the latest press conference performance, complete with a stage upgrade, was that how many over 50s are likely to walk into a nightclub complete with vaccine certification.  Assuming Boris sticks to his plan and allows opening of these in June I can't imagine too many people under that age will have the required certification to enter them.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Having lived in both Coventry and Hull in my time, I can confirm that Leicester is paradise in comparison.

My grandad always said Coventry was lovely until it was bombed to buggery. Having been to uni there, I was always dubious....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

And that's a poor take up from those on the books. 

Pure guesswork but I suspect there will be several thousand off the grid living in Leicester who haven't been invited for jabs and never will be.

Innovative ways to reach more people! Sounds like we could see jab squads 

12 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In the last two years I've been to Scunthorpe, Rotherham, Hull, Widnes, Coventry, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Neath, Doncaster, Bradford, Luton and many more. Leicester is alright. 

It's part of the Leicester DNA to run it down. I can only imagine that many residents haven't been outside the city... ever. Weird.

I worked for 3 months in Swansea and the locals thought it was a paradise. Anyone that's been there will know its not but its a perception and pride in your home city. I don't know why we haven't got it. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, the thought did cross my mind while watching Boris answer one of his questions during the latest press conference performance, complete with a stage upgrade, was that how many over 50s are likely to walk into a nightclub complete with vaccine certification.  Assuming Boris sticks to his plan and allows opening of these in June I can't imagine too many people under that age will have the required certification to enter them.

Encouraging dirty old men trying to pull, er, dirty old slappers

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Read this and you will understand how once we hit June 21st, nothing will really change...

S1182_SPI-M-O_Summary_of_modelling_of_easing_roadmap_step_2_restrictions.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Drawing attention to two aspects of this in particular:

image.png.9f6f99626e9f3dca639e5f8947f5cbd7.png

image.png.771412f93d2f1c0123536eaf986e8f3d.png

Those assumptions are most likely inaccurate, as has been the case over the last 12 months, but as SPI, Sage, Imperial and the like churn it out, nothing changes.  

Today's "grab your free covid tests" campaign is further evidence of it.

Absolutely. Apparently herd immunity was reached in London last November.

I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you pay a visit to Imperial College London with your own set of data and predictions? Don't forget to tell them the University of You Tube sent you. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

What does "end of covid restrictions " mean?

I obviously misunderstood as I assumed it would mean no more social distancing rules. All this tall of testing and passports. Is this just till June or is the phrase "end of covid restrictions" misleading or a bare faced lie?

Anyone that still listens to that idiot is also an idiot, the man is a liar.

'Restrictions will be gone' but you'll have to have had the vaccine, provide two negative tests in the days before and probably something else as well. Just like the second lockdown was going to be the last, a few days after it he was talking about potentially needing a 'circuit breaker'

I noticed he wouldn't say when the COVID passport certification would end, weird that, he was saying it was only gonna be for 12 months a few days ago.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can’t see the issue with people taking a LFT same day but not sure how that can then be put into an app but then I’m not qualified in that area ....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t see the issue with people taking a LFT same day but not sure how that can then be put into an app but then I’m not qualified in that area ....

Issue is these tests provide a decent amount of false positives don't they? It's going to cause so many issues, they're just making it so it's easier and less hassle to get the vaccine.

Imagine your the driver for Glastonbury and you fail a test the day before, are your mates getting a refund as well? Same for an FA cup final in the capital, your fail a test, who's taking your kids?

I just don't agree with it, I really don't, I'll have had the vaccine so whatever I'll be able to 'prove' I'm COVID secure, but I really can't believe we're going down this route.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

What does "end of covid restrictions " mean?

I obviously misunderstood as I assumed it would mean no more social distancing rules. All this tall of testing and passports. Is this just till June or is the phrase "end of covid restrictions" misleading or a bare faced lie?

It's not like Boris has a habit of u-turns & telling lies.

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Issue is these tests provide a decent amount of false positives don't they? It's going to cause so many issues, they're just making it so it's easier and less hassle to get the vaccine.

Imagine your the driver for Glastonbury and you fail a test the day before, are your mates getting a refund as well? Same for an FA cup final in the capital, your fail a test, who's taking your kids?

I just don't agree with it, I really don't, I'll have had the vaccine so whatever I'll be able to 'prove' I'm COVID secure, but I really can't believe we're going down this route.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying it’s better for someone infectious to be driving a car full of people on a four hour journey who will then spend a few days mixing in a closely packed mass gathering than to know that they’re infectious and therefore not to put those four people and ultimately many others in any peril ??

The small percentage of false positives is a small price to pay for people to be mixing safely .....

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's part of the Leicester DNA to run it down. I can only imagine that many residents haven't been outside the city... ever. Weird.

I worked for 3 months in Swansea and the locals thought it was a paradise. Anyone that's been there will know its not but its a perception and pride in your home city. I don't know why we haven't got it. 

Some parts to South Wales are absolutely rundown beyond belief. Particularly the valleys - eye opening few months working around there 

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone that still listens to that idiot is also an idiot, the man is a liar.

'Restrictions will be gone' but you'll have to have had the vaccine, provide two negative tests in the days before and probably something else as well. Just like the second lockdown was going to be the last, a few days after it he was talking about potentially needing a 'circuit breaker'

I noticed he wouldn't say when the COVID passport certification would end, weird that, he was saying it was only gonna be for 12 months a few days ago.

Some of us have been well aware of that for a few years. Sacked from his first job of course for lying 

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yes, sadly I made the mistake of voting for him, what an idiot I was.

I think restrictions and lockdowns would have been more severe under Labour tbf. Not that that's a defence for BoJo of course.

1 minute ago, Great Boos Up said:

Best day yet thanks. First day I’ve been able to not fall asleep and been in pain. Really appreciate all the messages and support on here. You guys are great.

Glad to hear this. Hope your recovery continues apace.

Just seen a video of Gerwyn Price who’s had to pull out the Premier League Darts due to a positive test. He’s just done a video claiming to have taken three home tests since and all three have returned negative. Is this what we’ve got to look forward to with unreliable tests preventing us doing things.  

56 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just don’t even try, keep your money in your pocket until the nonsense is over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

In the last two years I've been to Scunthorpe, Rotherham, Hull, Widnes, Coventry, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Neath, Doncaster, Bradford, Luton and many more. Leicester is alright. 

As someone who isnt from Leicester, there are definitely far worse towns and cities out there. There might be parts of the city that are rough but you can stay that about pretty much most cities in the UK if not the world.

• Like 3