Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Masks in shops already starting to wain when I went earlier. Whole groups not bothering, staff not saying anything. Give it a couple of weeks and no one will be doing it.

They will. Depends on the shop. Maybe the local "offy" or corner shop in certain areas might not bother too much if you're the only person in there but supermarkets and the mainstream outlets will.

Edited by Parafox

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm dreading the winter pressures along with a rise in CV19. (NOT a Coventry postcode, BTW). We need to get numbers down now before it's too late. Knee-jerk responses to this are ineffectual and smack of complacency and the hope for a better tomorrow. The only way to get to a better tomorrow is to to tackle the problem today. The virus doesn't have a postcode restriction but those in the affected LE postcodes need to understand that there's a reason for the restrictions put in place. 

That said, surely the people going to the seaside need to take a look at themselves. Their likely travelling from inland towns and cities. They need to take a serious look at themselves. And I doubt they're all chavs from the council estates. 

Just thank you. Even after all the claps have finished you guys are hereos. I lost a family member in april and the help and support was great. This is before and after care. 💙💙💙

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thefox81 said:

Just thank you. Even after all the claps have finished you guys are hereos. I lost a family member in april and the help and support was great. This is before and after care. 💙💙💙

Very Sorry to hear that. :S And thanks aren't required but are appreciated. It's what we signed up to do. Hope you're doing OK after your loss.:thumbup:

Just now, Parafox said:

They will. Depends on the shop. Maybe the local "offy" might not bother too much if you're the only person in there but supermarkets and the mainstream outlets will.

Not so sure. I've been in the local Tesco Express most days since they became compulsory and I'd say it's 50/50 on people wearing them. 

Just now, Rain King said:

Not so sure. I've been in the local Tesco Express most days since they became compulsory and I'd say it's 50/50 on people wearing them. 

Our local Tesco Express has a security person on the door. No mask, no entry. This should be the standard for all major supermarkets whatever their locality or square foot shop floor size. After all, they can afford it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I'm dreading the winter pressures along with a rise in CV19. (NOT a Coventry postcode, BTW). We need to get numbers down now before it's too late. Knee-jerk responses to this are ineffectual and smack of complacency and the hope for a better tomorrow. The only way to get to a better tomorrow is to to tackle the problem today. The virus doesn't have a postcode restriction but those in the affected LE postcodes need to understand that there's a reason for the restrictions put in place. 

That said, surely the people going to the seaside need to take a look at themselves. Their likely travelling from inland towns and cities. They need to take a serious look at themselves. And I doubt they're all chavs from the council estates. 

Sorry but I disagree.

There was no evidence of spikes after bank holiday beach bonanzas, Leeds and Liverpool celebrations and BLM protests. 

It's outdoors and most people there are probably the Lowest risk group. 

I don't think the public should be shamed for having a well earned day out. Some people are thoroughly exhausted after months of trying to cover depleted staffing at work and constant threat of redundancy. 

Ultimately, the point I'm trying to make is we need to learn to live sensibly with this. And not wear a hair shirt for months, if not years, on end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry but I disagree.

There was no evidence of spikes after bank holiday beach bonanzas, Leeds and Liverpool celebrations and BLM protests. 

I don't think the public should be shamed for having a well earned day out. Some people are thoroughly exhausted after months of trying to cover depleted staffing at work and constant threat of redundancy. 

Ultimately, the point I'm trying to make is we need to learn to live sensibly with this. And not wear a hair shirt for months, if not years, on end.

Sorry, how have the public earned their dangerous selfish trip to the seaside so they can mix with others? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry but I disagree.

I take your point and to some extent and after thought, I tend to agree with you. But  it doesn't really send out a responsible message. But then that could be down to the media's presentation of the "facts". They choose what we see and their accompanying rhetoric is so often sensationalised. But, hey, that's a different topic.

I stand by my point that those in affected postcodes should behave responsibly especially during Eid. I doubt that they will, for cultural, family and other reasons.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

So we had planned to take the kids to see there aunt and cousin in London in a few weeks time and stay for the week at their house. Also involves a lift there from her dad so is that basically a no go now / still? 

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

So we had planned to take the kids to see there aunt and cousin in London in a few weeks time and stay for the week at their house. Also involves a lift there from her dad so is that basically a no go now / still? 

It’s fine - no restrictions in London ......... at the moment ....

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s fine - no restrictions in London ......... at the moment ....

But as I am in the Le2 area and so are her parents who are taking us is that still fine to go stay over? 

36 minutes ago, Md9 said:

A few weeks time at the moment is an eternity with regards to lockdown restrictions. Just see what happens is the only answer I can give bud. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Oh yeah ........that’s a good point!   

you’re not supposed to mix households but the question is does that only apply inside Leicester ????

Its all a bit ridiculous isn’t it. Suppose will have to wait until the next announcement and take it from there. Thanks 

11 minutes ago, stix said:

A few weeks time at the moment is an eternity with regards to lockdown restrictions. Just see what happens is the only answer I can give bud. 

Yeah I know it does seem forever between announcements hopefully the next one will be better just before we are due to go but I won’t hold my breath. I imagine now they are just going to keep the lockdown as long as possible with a hope of schools opening in September

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, how have the public earned their dangerous selfish trip to the seaside so they can mix with others? 

Cos some of us have  had only a couple of days off since Christmas, we were having to do 3 shifts 24/7 when all that ventilator crap came out only for the government bods to come in and say they weren’t really required! But thanks for the effort, well in future how about bollox, make em yer self.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Cos some of us have  had only a couple of days off since Christmas, we were having to do 3 shifts 24/7 when all that ventilator crap came out only for the government bods to come in and say they weren’t really required! But thanks for the effort, well in future how about bollox, make em yer self.

I get what you’re saying to a point, but it still doesn’t change anything does it. The virus is spreading, that much is clear. I’m not exactly in support of this government throughout the pandemic. 

Millions have complained that they left it too late in the first place, the same people can’t complain if they decide to ‘step on the brakes’ prematurely this time round. 

1 minute ago, stix said:

I get what you’re saying to a point, but it still doesn’t change anything does it. The virus is spreading, that much is clear. I’m not exactly in support of this government throughout the pandemic. 

Millions have complained that they left it too late in the first place, the same people can’t complain if they decide to ‘step on the brakes’ prematurely this time round. 

I was all for shutting the borders when it was getting going in Italy, but people were saying we can’t do that because of the economy. That turned out well didn’t it.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I was all for shutting the borders when it was getting going in Italy, but people were saying we can’t do that because of the economy. That turned out well didn’t it.

Well no it didn’t. That doesn’t really matter now though does it. I’ve been in the same boat as you. I took 2 weeks annual leave at the very start of this. Was forced to take another week at Easter. So had a week left, which was penned in for a week away starting tomorrow. Holiday was cancelled. I’m still off next week, purely because I need the break. We’re not planning anything really, a day out maybe.  This isn’t aimed at you, but everybody needs to just fvcking behave themselves. So fvcking what if you can’t go to the pub or get away for a week like you normally would. The whole world is different now. Self entitlement in its highest form. Selfish cvnts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Oh yeah ........that’s a good point!   

you’re not supposed to mix households but the question is does that only apply inside Leicester ????

Perhaps best not to be looking for loopholes and risk spreading infection.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

24 minutes ago, stix said:

Well no it didn’t. That doesn’t really matter now though does it. I’ve been in the same boat as you. I took 2 weeks annual leave at the very start of this. Was forced to take another week at Easter. So had a week left, which was penned in for a week away starting tomorrow. Holiday was cancelled. I’m still off next week, purely because I need the break. We’re not planning anything really, a day out maybe.  This isn’t aimed at you, but everybody needs to just fvcking behave themselves. So fvcking what if you can’t go to the pub or get away for a week like you normally would. The whole world is different now. Self entitlement in its highest form. Selfish cvnts. 

These selfish cvnts you are talking about....how long are you banking on everyone staying at home exactly? 

The idea of lockdown was to flatten the curve. I bought into that. Get things stabilised and avoid chaos in the NHS. Buy time. Give the medics a chance to figure this out. That's done now. 

I'm afraid those vulnerable need to be Uber careful and those who aren't need to be Uber respectful. But that's it. The world economy is tanking over an illness that basically doesn't affect 90% of people. 

It's not selfish in wanting or needing to move on. It's a necessity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

These selfish cvnts you are talking about....how long are you banking on everyone staying at home exactly? 

The idea of lockdown was to flatten the curve. I bought into that. Get things stabilised and avoid chaos in the NHS. Buy time. Give the medics a chance to figure this out. That's done now. 

I'm afraid those vulnerable need to be Uber careful and those who aren't need to be Uber respectful. But that's it. The world economy is tanking over an illness that basically doesn't affect 90% of people. 

It's not selfish in wanting or needing to move on. It's a necessity.

We’re not ready to move on yet though.  

You’ve acted like a bit of a **** late on to be fair. A bit rebellious without any true substance.