Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

The new 90 minute testing machines are a piece of good news today. And we really are ramping up towards vaccine approval, Astra Zeneca are hinting at good ongoing results from the phase 3 chadox studies so we might end up with an early Christmas present.

Otherwise I think we're in for a miserable autumn/winter in the sense of either extensive restrictions or an unmitigated epidemic. WHO seem to have settled on an estimated 0.6% death rate which would indicate we've had more cases than we're aware of and that a second peak would be just as bad as the first. 

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Sorry debs but I had to distract from the dilemma of choosing people over pints.

I know your priorities, I've already promised you my ST if I don't make it through covid lol

Edited by FoxesDeb
Grammar!
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

A benign virus doesn't come this close to bringing a first world country's critical care capacity to collapse. I don't even know where to begin when I read things as stupid as this.

Can you please z-layrex him....!!:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Better get my Order in for Pork pies...

This Corvid is beginning to piss me...There'll be no frigging Marsdens or Ruddles  Left soon...!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

54 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The new 90 minute testing machines are a piece of good news today. And we really are ramping up towards vaccine approval, Astra Zeneca are hinting at good ongoing results from the phase 3 chadox studies so we might end up with an early Christmas present.

Otherwise I think we're in for a miserable autumn/winter in the sense of either extensive restrictions or an unmitigated epidemic. WHO seem to have settled on an estimated 0.6% death rate which would indicate we've had more cases than we're aware of and that a second peak would be just as bad as the first. 

If the Oxford vaccine looks likely to get approved, I'd have thought they'll ramp up localised lockdowns where needed and not allow an unmitigated spread. 

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You are a cheerful bunch tonight aren’t you 

I think we have to be pragmatic. 

1. Covid is very dangerous, kills between every 1 in 100-200 who catch it and leaves other, healthy people disabled for at least the medium term.

2. Cases are rising albeit slowly and with targeted testing in areas where spikes have been detected. This is not March all over again. This is what life will be like until there’s a vaccine.

3. Vaccines and treatments are on their way. But in the mean time, wear your mask and social distance where you can. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

1. Covid is very dangerous, kills between every 1 in 100-200 who catch it and leaves other, healthy people disabled for at least the medium term.

2. Cases are rising albeit slowly and with targeted testing in areas where spikes have been detected. This is not March all over again. This is what life will be like until there’s a vaccine.

3. Vaccines and treatments are on their way. But in the mean time, wear your mask and social distance where you can. 

1 in 200?

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Sooner we all get behind this the better. If everyone respected the rules, local lockdowns will be over far quicker

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

928 confirmed cases today. Up from 685 this time last week.

The rolling 7 day averages definitely starting to accelerate now.

Hopefully the local restrictions do their job and the cases don't continue to accelerate in this manner.

One month ago there was 2000 cases a day, so the rolling monthly figure is -1072. There are currently 68 people on ventilators.