Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Refunding of Purchased Tickets

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1674252/201920-leicester-city-ticketing-update/press-release

Professional football in England has been suspended since 13 March due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Premier League has now confirmed that, while all parties remain committed to fulfilling the season’s remaining fixtures from 17 June, it is now certain that these fixtures cannot be fulfilled in venues that are open to the public.

In light of this, Leicester City supporters with tickets for the Club’s remaining 2019/20 fixtures are now able to claim a refund, details of which are set out below. At the request of a number of our supporters, there will also be an option to donate a proportion of those refunds to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation. 

All current Season Ticket Holders will retain priority over their Season Ticket seats until further information on the 2020/21 season is announced. 

Chief Executive Susan Whelan said: “We have been awaiting clarification on the remaining competition format and, while the details of 20/21 Season Tickets are still to be determined, we felt it important today to respond immediately to our fans, and to return monies already paid in this time of need for many.

“We’ve been contacted by a number of supporters expressing a desire to donate to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation and its work supporting our communities through this crisis, which is a kind gesture for those in a position to do so.

“We look forward to welcoming our supporters back to King Power Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so and, in the meantime, will continue to explore new and innovative ways to engage with them and keep them at the heart of everything we do.”

From 9am on Monday 1 June, supporters with an online ticketing account will be able to select from the following options at LCFC.com:

SEASON TICKETS AND SEASONAL PARKING

2019/20 Season Ticket purchasers will be entitled to request a refund equal to 4/19ths of the cost of the Season Tickets they have purchased. Season Ticket purchasers will be able to elect: 

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to Seasonal Parking will also be available through this process. 

MATCH TICKETS (ALL COMPETITIONS) AND MATCH-BY-MATCH PRODUCTS

Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea. Purchasers can elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or 

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to match-by-match car parking and Foxes Travel will also be available through this process. 

The online refund/donation facility will be available via LCFC.com between Monday 1 and Tuesday 30 June. Refund applications will be processed as soon as possible and no later than 30 July. 

Supporter enquiries can be submitted by email to [email protected]. The City Sales Centre will be fielding telephone enquiries from 9am on Monday 1 June on 0344 815 5000 (Option 1), but will remain closed to personal callers.

All hospitality clients will be contacted directly by account managers in the coming days.

The Club would like to extend its appreciation to supporters for their patience and understanding during this uniquely challenging time, and assures its Season Ticket Holders that every possible step will be taken to ensure that further information relating to the 2020/21 season is issued as soon as the Club is able to confirm it.

Further updates will be issued to Season Ticket Holders directly and via LCFC.com.

(Placed in main thread for initial visibility; Mods please move to ticket thread if you feel it's better suited there)

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Just now, NewquayFox said:

No mention of The FA Cup game against Chelsea, does that mean it could still go ahead? :scarf:

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea.

They're refunding those tickets, assume cup may carry on but there's been no mention of it from what I've seen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

No mention of The FA Cup game against Chelsea, does that mean it could still go ahead? :scarf:

It’s there 

MATCH TICKETS (ALL COMPETITIONS) AND MATCH-BY-MATCH PRODUCTS

Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea. Purchasers can elect:

• Thanks 1

I was more than willing for them to carry forward whatever credit there was against my season ticket onto next season (I expect that isn’t going to be a normal season).

As it is I will probably take the refund on the season ticket and donate the FA Cup refund to the foundation. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yes I'd like to just take it off next years balance (or whenever) really but, seems daft to give it to me when I'm just going to give it back again.

I am happy to set up a bank account where everyone can deposit their refunds and then I can pay it towards your season ticket next year? Just let me know!😜

Edited by FOXSE
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

It was originally suggested back in March/April’s email that we could have the difference taken off next season season tickets as an option which I would personally prefer but no mention in this email of that being an option 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Yes I'd like to just take it off next years balance (or whenever) really but, seems daft to give it to me when I'm just going to give it back again.

When there's no guarantee we'll manage to get into the stadium next season or how that'll happen, the club keeping money in the form of credit or to take off the potential season ticket just adds more complexity to the situation. So many potential issues could occur with the club keeping the credit which can be removed by refunding it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

When there's no guarantee we'll manage to get into the stadium next season or how that'll happen, the club keeping money in the form of credit or to take off the potential season ticket just adds more complexity to the situation. So many potential issues could occur with the club keeping the credit which can be removed by refunding it.

Yes I understand that and assumed it would simply be easier to just do a refund and start again next season,

thanks for the reply 👍🏻

8 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

some people might be extremely hard up in the current circumstances and need the money in their pocket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

some people might be extremely hard up in the current circumstances and need the money in their pocket

Yes and that is understandable, no reason why a refund cant be an option. Just I liked the original idea of them reducing the price of the next ticket. 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I suppose that is a fair point. The unknown nature of when we will be allowed back causes unquantifiable issues. I suppose there will be ongoing discussions but I suspect t is very unlikely everyone will be allowed back anytime soon.

I'm in a position where I could offset it against next season but remember there are other people who could probably do with the money back given the circumstances recently, so lets all be sensible, its not difficult to snuff the £90 or whatever it is and keep it aside for next season whenever we might get back to the KP, its not a hardship

• Like 1

at least we're not being cvnty about it like, for example, West Ham who are offering refunds but by taking one you risk losing your ST or face an increase in price!

WEST HAM UNITED SEASON TICKETS 2019-20

With the wide acknowledgment that our final five home fixtures of the 2019-20 campaign will most likely be played without supporters present, the Club can confirm that you, as a valued Season Ticket Holder, will be credited the pro-rata value of the remaining five home matches, which can be used to reduce the cost of your 2020-21 Season Ticket, or receive a refund. The same will apply for Women’s Super League Season Ticket Holders.

Opting to take a credit will be an easy and convenient way for you to guarantee your seat for next season and in doing so also lock in a price freeze for your 2020-21 Season Ticket*, as well as, of course, helping to support your Club through these testing times.

Additionally, Club Cash balances will be extended to 31 July 2021, so you can credit this against your 2020-21 renewal safe in the knowledge that funds will be held securely and will be used only upon your confirmation when the 2020-21 renewal process is opened.

Edited by stripeyfox

22 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

at least we're not being cvnty about it like, for example, West Ham who are offering refunds but by taking one you risk losing your ST or face an increase in price!

WEST HAM UNITED SEASON TICKETS 2019-20

With the wide acknowledgment that our final five home fixtures of the 2019-20 campaign will most likely be played without supporters present, the Club can confirm that you, as a valued Season Ticket Holder, will be credited the pro-rata value of the remaining five home matches, which can be used to reduce the cost of your 2020-21 Season Ticket, or receive a refund. The same will apply for Women’s Super League Season Ticket Holders.

Opting to take a credit will be an easy and convenient way for you to guarantee your seat for next season and in doing so also lock in a price freeze for your 2020-21 Season Ticket*, as well as, of course, helping to support your Club through these testing times.

Additionally, Club Cash balances will be extended to 31 July 2021, so you can credit this against your 2020-21 renewal safe in the knowledge that funds will be held securely and will be used only upon your confirmation when the 2020-21 renewal process is opened.

Expected with their owners to be honest. 

• Like 1

Following Thursday's announcement by the Club in relation to ticket refunds, this follow-up now outlines what you need to do to claim a refund, or, donate all or a proportion of your ticket fee to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation.

Regardless of initial method of payment, from 9am on Monday 1 June, supporters with an online ticketing account will be able to select from the options below at LCFC.com, while those without an account will be able to call the City Sales Centre to request a refund. *

SEASON TICKETS & SEASONAL PARKING
2019/20 Season Ticket purchasers will be entitled to request a refund equal to 4/19ths of the cost of the Season Tickets they have purchased. 

Season Ticket purchasers (must be the lead purchaser) will be able to elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

For supporters who hold Seasonal Parking, an amalgamated refund/donation will processed for both ticketing products. 

MATCH TICKETS (all competitions) & MATCH-BY-MATCH PRODUCTS
Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea. Lead purchasers can elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf. 

For supporters who have purchased match-by-match car parking and/or Foxes Travel, an amalgamated refund/donation will processed for all ticketing products. 
Refund_body_V3.jpg
STEP 1 | Ensure you're set up for online ticketing (recommended) OR call the City Sales Centre
The easiest way to claim a refund or make a donation is online, but you will need to be signed up to a ticketing account on LCFC.com in order to do so...
I HAVE AN ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you have previously purchased a Leicester City ticketing product in store, by phone or online – or have bought official merchandise via the Club on the retail site – you already have an account and will now be able to link it to your ticketing account (if you haven't already done so).

WATCH VIDEO...
Howto(2).jpg
I DON'T HAVE AN ONLINE ACCOUNT
Then you will need one to claim your refund through LCFC.com. Signing up as a Digital Member is easy and can be done via email, or a Google or Facebook account. If signing up using the former, you'll need to provide some mandatory information before linking your ticketing account.

WATCH VIDEO...
Howto(1).jpg
STEP 2 |  Select your refund claim
The refunds process you follow will depend on whether you have purchased a Season Ticket or match-by-match ticket. You can start the process HERE from 9am on Monday 1 June. 

From the same date and time, you can also call the City Sales Centre on 0344 815 5000(Option 1) to claim a refund or donate, should you prefer to.

WATCH VIDEO...
Howto(3).jpg
STEP 3 | Select how you initially paid for your product(s)
The next step is to select your original payment method, and to indicate whether you wish to receive a refund or make a full (or part) donation.
I PAID BY DIRECT DEBIT / BY CARD (ONLINE / OVER THE PHONE)
Then you should select this option when prompted during the refund process. Your refund will be debited back to the original card you used to make the payment, which the Club will have on record.

If you have changed or renewed your bank card since you made your purchase, as long as the 8-digit account number and 6-digit sort code remain the same, you will receive your refund as normal and will not need to contact the Club.

WATCH VIDEO...
Howto(4).jpg
I PAID BY 'OTHER' (CHIP-PIN / CASH / CHEQUE / INVOICE / GIFT VOUCHER)
Then you should select this option when prompted during the refund process. Once you have selected 'refund', you will be asked for your bank details. Your refund will then be paid into this account.

Refunds will be processed as soon as it is possible for the Club to do so. All refunds will be completed no later than 30 July. The Club thanks all supporters for their patience whilst it processes a large amount of requests.

WATCH VIDEO...
Howto(5).jpg
STEP 4 | CHECK YOUR EMAIL to confirm your refund or donation to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation
NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE?
The Club urges supporters to attempt to complete their refund/donation process online, where possible, for ease and convenience. Those who wish to claim via phone should expect longer than usual queuing times (opening hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).

Any supporter queries regarding refunds or donations should be submitted by email to [email protected]. Please do not send bank details to this email address or request a refund via email.

Leicester City would like to extend its appreciation to supporters for their patience and understanding during this uniquely challenging time, and assures its Season Ticket Holders that every possible step will be taken to ensure that further information relating to the 2020/21 season is issued as soon as the Club is able to confirm it.
* Supporters are kindly requested NOT to travel to King Power Stadium while it remains closed to the public. Online or via phone are the only methods to claim a refund or donate.
  • Like 1

Just sorted mine now. Says the refund will be done no later than July 30th. Surely it won’t take that long? lol It’s not an issue to me at all, just seems a bit extreme if so. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What is the deal with the direct debit option? Surely the refund can’t be substantial? Does anyone know what the set figure would be? 

So whatever the cost of your season ticket is, divide that by 19 and times that by 4. 

Personally, mine is 445/19 = 23.42 x 4 = 93.68