Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

Guest Cujek
2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

God, we got ourselves and anti-vaxxer, Corona 5g level conspiracist here. I remember when they stopped us winning the league that yea.... oh. No. Damn, that didn't happen. We did win the league that year. It's almost as if something massive and recent that happened four years ago blows your pathetic, tin foil hat conspiracy theory into oblivion.

Anyone who subscribes to this BS needs professional help. Seriously.

On the penalty. It was a penalty, we'd be screaming for it if it was an Everton player at the other end. The problem is the lack of consistency on handball and it's so tiring now, seriously. The amount we've had not given for us, and then that one is spotted. Either you radically improve the way handball is managed via VAR or ditch it completely and make it a subjective decision for the referee.

I might be a conspiracy theorist, least I ain't a triggered left wing unwashed sheep.

You enjoying wearing your mask?

What did you do when there was no footy on? Smash some statues of people you never heard of cos they might have used the N word 400 years ago?

Did Chilli laugh when he went off ? Not launching the ball forward in last minute was ... well I don’t understand. It summed up the lack of urgency that’s in this team. Only the subs deserved their wages last night 

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Everything is taking a long time at the moment. would be good to see some comparative analysis of ball in play since the restart.

its like the whole restart has been designed to make the players expend as little energy as possible to protect their fitness ..... maybe the clubs asked for this ref next season and the short close season upcoming. 

It was clearly because they couldn't judge whether it had hit his hand or not.

Its so inconsistent with handballs from a defensive team. De Bruyne is allowed to throw his hands in the air at our place, this one you can barely tell who's hand it hits first and its given. You cant make it up.

6 hours ago, Cujek said:

I might be a conspiracy theorist, least I ain't a triggered left wing unwashed sheep.

What did you do when there was no footy on? Smash some statues of people you never heard of cos they might have used the N word 400 years ago?

Who said anything about him being left wing? lol

Anybody with a measured and logical response to anything is left wing now?

When did leaning left become the ultimate sin anyway?

I might be a conspiracy theorist, least I ain't a bloody lefty.

I might rob the odd shop, least I ain't a bloody lefty.

I might be a convicted sex offender, least I ain't a bloody lefty. 

Yeah so I might've killed a few people. LEAST I AIN'T ONE THOSE LEFTIES.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

Look at the picture posted above showing 4 that have gone against us. I'm suggesting a mass conspiracy, but I think it's just as absurd to think there isn't any corruption going on, especially with the long standing 'big 6'.

Said it in the VAR thread - people who work within the sport (that Stillitano bloke sticks in my head) have effectively admitted on numerous occasions that it is beneficial for them, and the sport in their eyes to have the biggest clubs in the biggest competitions.

How can people possibly not be cynical? I cannot process the thought of it - I don't know what actually has to happen for people to ask questions.

"Professional help" lol it really isn't that unfounded. I really wish it wasn't the case, it depresses me that it is but too many of these things piece together. It's not just us either.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

First half of season: Teams thought we like to “counterattack” and so to neutralise Vardy they tended to sit back, allowing our midfielders to get the ball more and play. Second half against Everton showed what we can do when the likes of Maddison, Nachos and Tielemans (I would add Praet if he stayed on and Perez and Gray if they were utilised properly) can play further upfield.

Second half of season: In December 2019, teams tried to neutralise us by pushing upfield and press us at the back (eg. Norwich, Crystal Palace, Man City, Liverpool). We could not get out of our half - other teams do it so much better than us - and the effect is that our entire football strategy is neutralised. We could not play counterattacking or any other build up that we were so good at during first half of season. Team after team since then played against us in the same way, and we had no answer, so we are bottling it. Furthermore, they know our left side is our weakness with Chilwell’s constant passback or poor final ball, so they keep pressing to let us play wide on the left.

Critical solution: We need to play the ball more upfield and by our talented midfielders. We cannot rely on Evans, Soy, Kasper and Chilwell to play creative football from our own half. I understand why BR moved Maddison down to help out, but he is not effective there. We need to rethink formation and the use of Ndidi who has been poor since the restart. Maybe we play 3 at the back with 2 DMs (Ndidi and Praet) or even just Praet in place of Ndidi if we keep to a back 4. We need our better ball handlers to get the ball out. Proof: You can see that even during the last minute of the Everton game, despite the urgency, Evans, Soy and Chilwell could not even manage to pump the ball upfield into the box and they were so minded to pass sideways even in that situation!!

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Guest Cujek
4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Who said anything about him being left wing? lol

Anybody with a measured and logical response to anything is left wing now?

When did leaning left become the ultimate sin anyway?

I might be a conspiracy theorist, least I ain't a bloody lefty.

I might rob the odd shop, least I ain't a bloody lefty.

I might be a convicted sex offender, least I ain't a bloody lefty. 

Yeah so I might've killed a few people. LEAST I AIN'T ONE THOSE LEFTIES.

Dumb ignorant post get met with dumb ignorant post.

Most conspiracy theorists are right leaning, so by implying (quite rudely) that I believed that 5g towers caused Corona, he is ipso facto implying that I am a right wing conspiracy nut.

There fore I went to the extreme and pointed out that he must be left wing and is an unwashed **** with blue hair that does and believes what ever he is told.

Ignorance met with ignorance.

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It was clearly because they couldn't judge whether it had hit his hand or not.

Its so inconsistent with handballs from a defensive team. De Bruyne is allowed to throw his hands in the air at our place, this one you can barely tell who's hand it hits first and its given. You cant make it up.

They could tell it hit wilfs hand first ....they were just rechecking to clarify .....it was a shit call - end of. They lost sight of the law by making the whole call about ‘whose hand did it touch first?  That’s not the law is it?  I assume that the on field ref, being absorbed in the actual fact that there is a game ongoing, might look at it differently and see it for what it was - accidental with no intent to have the arm at that height when the ball arrives. if wilf sticks his arm in the air intentionally when the ball actually comes in then fair enough but he didn’t - he used it for purchase (as most players do) and keane then prevented it from returning to a safe position with his jump and forced it towards the ball - again unintentionally.  Just a pathetic illustration that the VAR officials are distracted from the actual laws of the game by their screens and replay buttons ....

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Most conspiracy theorists are right leaning, so by implying (quite rudely) that I believed that 5g towers caused Corona, he is ipso facto implying that I am a right wing conspiracy nut.

There fore I went to the extreme and pointed out that he must be left wing and is an unwashed **** with blue hair that does and believes what ever he is told.

..what if he was unaware of this idiom!!

Therefore your reply was based on an assumption, leading to an unwarranted diatribe.

Guest Cujek
42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..what if he was unaware of this idiom!!

Therefore your reply was based on an assumption, leading to an unwarranted diatribe.

It isn't my job to educate people.

If he don't understand it, all the better as far as I'm concerned.

It might provoke some research.

15 hours ago, Cujek said:

Wow! Mine wasn't a rant - I just suggested someone was off out to stockpile some loo rolls - and I GOT BANNED FROM THE FORUM!!!! 

everything unfair these days - I am under house arrest despite living in a postcode where there are nil infections!

Anyway Cujy, well done for getting your point across!! :thumbup::D

Guest Cujek
42 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Wow! Mine wasn't a rant - I just suggested someone was off out to stockpile some loo rolls - and I GOT BANNED FROM THE FORUM!!!! 

everything unfair these days - I am under house arrest despite living in a postcode where there are nil infections!

Anyway Cujy, well done for getting your point across!! :thumbup::D

Haha, I think I just let up a whole load of pent up aggression out.

I possibly went overboard.

23 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

This is what pisses me off as well. No complaints with the decision but I DO have complaints about the clear lack of consistency. Just a few examples here to refresh people's memory:

image.png.8e53cd482d50ad739b2f88664d686b53.png

God, every time I see that Aston Villa decision it makes my blood boil. Clearest handball you will ever EVER see. I'd imagine a non league ref not giving that would be slaughtered by his assessor. 

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

It isn't my job to educate people.

If he don't understand it, all the better as far as I'm concerned.

It might provoke some research.

...as I previously stated It is an idiom!!!

I am at a loss how conspiracies can be predominately attributed to the right as the topic relies on context.

Example:

Now, the content of the conspiracy theories might differ. So a common right-wing conspiracy theory would be the Obama birther conspiracy theory, whereas a left-wing conspiracy theory might be this idea that the financial crisis was intentionally caused in order to extend the power of the Federal Reserve.

Theorist are on both sides and more or less governed by your political leaning.

There was a lot of effort and glimpses of quality in the second half. 

But why on earth, at 95mins did Chilwell get into their half and knock it back to the CB. I called it as he had the ball. Why not just knock one into the box. Or even push Evans up for 2/3 mins and knock balls in. 

I understand having a philosophy, but with 5 mins to go, getting a result must take priority. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Two things 

1. it was us or Spurs, what makes a greater story? Us winning the league or Spurs? Obvs us, which would have generated more money for the Premier League and global attention? Us winning the league. 

2. secondly, they didn’t have VAR then. Honestly think if there was some consistency, and as bad as we’ve been this second half of the season, we’d probs be about 12 points off of Liverpool. 

There’s about 6 games where we should have had penalties or had them given against us for similar things we’ve not had given. 

You're right I've watched us for years and while I admit you're always going to have a bit of a city bias, I don't remember a season like this for decisions against us, It's making the referee in "Escape to victory" look fair.

I haven't read the whole thread but for me, Vardy isn't on form but he's not getting the service he got in the games last season nor in the title winning year or the earlier part of this season. Defences work to isolate him now and we have no way of countering that. Ianacho is probably a better option right now as he runs at defenders with pace and has some trickery which JV seems to have lost or he has been found out. I think sadly, he has become too one dimensional.

17 hours ago, Cujek said:

Haha, I think I just let up a whole load of pent up aggression out.

I possibly went overboard.

That's certainly true, but it's probably just confirmation bias, perfectly normal. Let's hope the doctor's and nurses aren't in on it too, eh?

On 03/07/2020 at 05:40, Cujek said:

Sounds healthy