Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

9 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Do you think? I'd love to see stats on how many decisions like last night go in favour of the 'top 6' compared to the rest.

How can you compare them unless they are exactly the same though?...which of course they won't be.

The idea of some conspiracy is ludicrous.

There is a possibility that some refs maybe influenced when they are refereeing a top side, maybe that's always happened, but certainly no fix or conspiracy, that's for loons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, I do think. I do not believe that a special instruction has been given to video assistant referees to favour certain clubs over others. Just think about it - such an instruction would amount to enormous corruption, resulting in a huge scandal and legal action, etc if found out. Those responsible could go to prison. And of course it would be found out. There are many officials involved in VAR - somebody would blow the whistle. The idea that the there is a secret plot to favour the bigger clubs and that the entire refereeing community has obediently signed up to this plot is absurd to the point of ridiculousness. 

VAR officials failures, is simply all round incompetence...and Lack of Common-sense in seeing the individual Action as it is..!!

IMO the ref should be asked more,to see the sideline monitor...Fans would be less frustrated,if 99% of the decisions Good & bad were made by the ref..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

VAR officials failures, is simply all round incompetence...and Lack of Common-sense in seeing the individual Action as it is..!!

IMO the ref should be asked more,to see the sideline monitor...Fans would be less frustrated,if 99% of the decisions Good & bad were made by the ref..

I agree. I have no idea why refs are so reluctant to consult the monitor. Has anybody ever explained it? It makes no sense to me.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

This is what pisses me off as well. No complaints with the decision but the lack of consistency is the worst part. Just a few examples here to refresh people's memory:

image.png.8e53cd482d50ad739b2f88664d686b53.png

Looking at those pics infuriates me. Refs consistently inconsistent 

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, I do think. I do not believe that a special instruction has been given to video assistant referees to favour certain clubs over others. Just think about it - such an instruction would amount to enormous corruption, resulting in a huge scandal and legal action, etc if found out. Those responsible could go to prison. And of course it would be found out. There are many officials involved in VAR - somebody would blow the whistle. The idea that the there is a secret plot to favour the bigger clubs and that the entire refereeing community has obediently signed up to this plot is absurd to the point of ridiculousness. 

Look at the picture posted showing 4 decisions that have gone against us. I'm suggesting a mass conspiracy, but I think it's just as absurd to think there isn't any corruption going on, especially with the long standing 'big 6'.

• Like 1

What’s worse is the Brighton one wasn’t even properly looked at. Last night they took three mins looking at it. When you see Harvey’s eyes on the ball and then know only the Brighton arm stopped him from heading it over the bar you have to question the integrity of the VAR system. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What a load of bollocks.

The title winners that played under Ranieri and last night can hardly be considered shirkers or non triers ever since ffs.

Kasper 

Albrighton

Vardy

🤷🏻‍♂️

At what point did I say they weren't trying? 

I said they weren't stepping up and I'm right. Kasper excluded, none of them have done what they needed to do when we needed it since christmas and Vardy is the perfect example. 

I love JV. He's an absolute legend at our club and deservedly so but right now, we need goals and as out main man, our locker room leader and our no.1 strikers, he needs to get them just like Albrighton needs to make sure he gets the chance to get them and if the rest of the team are letting them down it's up to them as the senior players in the squad to kick their arses and get it out of them. 

10 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

What’s worse is the Brighton one wasn’t even properly looked at. Last night they took three mins looking at it. When you see Harvey’s eyes on the ball and then know only the Brighton arm stopped him from heading it over the bar you have to question the integrity of the VAR system. 

Agreed, and the answer to that question is, shall we say, that it’s is not being operated evenhandedly - excuse the pun. 

I don't think there is a conspiracy per se but there is clearly a bias towards big clubs. Decisions get checked more often in their games and they get the benefit of the doubt more often, as refs know that there will be lots more scrutiny of everything that happens in their games and if they make a mistake it will be magnified by the official media and the army of glory hunters on social media.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

Look at the picture posted showing 4 decisions that have gone against us. I'm suggesting a mass conspiracy, but I think it's just as absurd to think there isn't any corruption going on, especially with the long standing 'big 6'.

Also there was the Chelsea one, I think it was Rudiger who put his hand out behind him to block Maddison's cross 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

I see what you did there lol 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He could even take the the nearest linesman as a cross reference if required...

• Like 1

The pen could have easily not have been given. No intent, he used his arms to get into the air (like the opposition player did), barely looking at the ball when it hit him... they spent an age giving it, annoyed they eventually did but can't say I was surprised with the verdict given how things are going.

What's going on with Madison, can he keep any of his shots down? I would have thought the one thing he could have done in lockdown is taken a ton of balls out onto an empty pitch and spent an hour or two just practicing his free kicks.  

Good to see BR giving the team a bit of stick during the first half drinks break. They definitely reacted which is also positive. Praet's roll of the eyes annoyed me though. And I don't get why after the goal we didn't kick on. We just seemed to take off the pressure rather than put more on. If we'd have got a result from that match it'd have been a real positive and uplift. 

Vardy and Kelechi need to spend more time on the pitch together. Vardy on his own simply isn't working. There's no link up play between him and midfield, but if he and Kelechi get a half decent partnership going it will give better options and provide more space. But it needs them playing regularly imo. And Perez has to start going forward. Not sure what to do about Albrighton. I'm not as negative about him as some and honestly think he works hard and is our only winger we have that can quickly whip good balls into the box (Chilwell always stopping and pausing before doing something does my head in).

I missed the game - again. Keep forgetting after so long locked down that i haven't seen a game since the restart. Reads like i haven't missed anything. CL qualification is fading fast and will soon be gone, never mind winning the FA cup will make up for it nicely.

By the strict rules of the game it was a pen. Hand/arm in a position that extended beyond the body in an unnatural position. Yes most players will use their arms to gain momentum when jumping for the ball but does not alter the fact. You could actually see Ndidi try to pull his arm away at the last second but it was still hand ball.They would have looked to see if that disadvantaged the striker getting a clean header. As to the fact that Soyuncu was clearly fouled in the build up, unfortunately that is not in the remit of VAR to check. they can only check for a clear and obvious error (that's another debate though considering the time they took) in respect of a penalty decision ie the handball itself and not anything else that may have happened in the build up to that decision. This is where it is flawed. Had the handball not occurred and the attacker had headed into the net, then VAR would have checked the goal and the period of play immediately preceding it, and if they felt that the foul on soyuncu had had any direct bearing on the outcome then the goal would have been disallowed. We tend to forget that the remit of what VAR can and cannot check is limited and this sometimes makes it seem unfair.  In the circumstances, if the ref misses a foul, then unless that hinders a defender making a tackle/block/clearance etc which then results in a goal (eg Woods foul on Evans against Burnley), or is a possible red card offence VAR cannot check it.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek

Of course there is a conspiracy.

Who do you think the premier League would rather have in the champions League? Leicester or Manchester United

Of course Manchester United, they bring in way more revenue than we would.

Follow the money, find the root of evil.

They are corrupt or incompetent at VAR HQ, I don't know which is worst but there are only 2 explanations for it.

Edited by Cujek

14 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Of course there is a conspiracy.

Who do you think the premier League would rather have in the champions League? Leicester or Manchester United

Of course Manchester United, they bring in way more revenue than we would.

Follow the money, find the root of evil.

They are corrupt or incompetent at VAR HQ, I don't know which is worst but there are only 2 explanations for it.

God, we got ourselves and anti-vaxxer, Corona 5g level conspiracist here. I remember when they stopped us winning the league that yea.... oh. No. Damn, that didn't happen. We did win the league that year. It's almost as if something massive and recent that happened four years ago blows your pathetic, tin foil hat conspiracy theory into oblivion.

Anyone who subscribes to this BS needs professional help. Seriously.

On the penalty. It was a penalty, we'd be screaming for it if it was an Everton player at the other end. The problem is the lack of consistency on handball and it's so tiring now, seriously. The amount we've had not given for us, and then that one is spotted. Either you radically improve the way handball is managed via VAR or ditch it completely and make it a subjective decision for the referee.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

God, we got ourselves and anti-vaxxer, Corona 5g level conspiracist here. I remember when they stopped us winning the league that yea.... oh. No. Damn, that didn't happen. We did win the league that year. It's almost as if something massive and recent that happened four years ago blows your pathetic, tin foil hat conspiracy theory into oblivion.

Anyone who subscribes to this BS needs professional help. Seriously.

On the penalty. It was a penalty, we'd be screaming for it if it was an Everton player at the other end. The problem is the lack of consistency on handball and it's so tiring now, seriously. The amount we've had not given for us, and then that one is spotted. Either you radically improve the way handball is managed via VAR or ditch it completely and make it a subjective decision for the referee.

As discussed on another thread, had the ref awarded the penalty then VAR would have looked at the foul on Cags. The system stinks. 

5 hours ago, Crashtoasted said:

I know it doesn’t count for much but Iheanacho is the only one who has said on social media since yesterday that we flatly aren’t good enough, despite him being our best player yesterday imo. Where is this accountability from other players or even the management? 

Feels like everyone is too nice. I imagine Praet wasn't too happy either lol