Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t see this. I understand we played better then we have done. However, the better team, no. They dictated the game. We didn’t test Pickford after the goal. They got two goals, sat back and controlled what we could do. They wanted us out wide whipping crosses in. We did exactly that. We didn’t have a shot in the last 15.

I’m not being over critical of the team because at least we had some better play and I agree with you, the tide will turn but, they were the better team. 

Agreed, better team in the second half   because Everton took their foot off the pedal.

when they were competing and trying to score they did twice in 15mins.

Hopefully palace will be just as negative and we will see more of an attacking threat.

We played better today and were totally put on the back foot immediately by a terrible refereeing decision. In no way is that a peno or otherwise we get a pen against Brighton AND City (an maybe even Coleman if the criteria is just the ball hitting hand) - an absolute joke that the decisions are so inconsistent. 

If we had only conceded the one goal and played how we did the result could very much have been in our favour and the thing that allowed Everton to perform the low block and get away with it was because of their goal buffer that was handed to them on a plate. 

Disappointing result but much better performance, would beat most teams playing that way. A 3 goal comeback against an Ancelotti side would be a crazy turnaround.

If we get the first goal in a game and the opposition has to come at us we would win - need to start doing this, hasn’t happened once post restart. Get on the front foot of a game early and our quality will show. 

Keep the faith. 

3 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

We played better today and were totally put on the back foot immediately by a terrible refereeing decision. In no way is that a peno or otherwise we get a pen against Brighton AND City (an maybe even Coleman if the criteria is just the ball hitting hand) - an absolute joke that the decisions are so inconsistent. 

If we had only conceded the one goal and played how we did the result could very much have been in our favour and the thing that allowed Everton to perform the low block and get away with it was because of their goal buffer that was handed to them on a plate. 

Disappointing result but much better performance, would beat most teams playing that way. A 3 goal comeback against an Ancelotti side would be a crazy turnaround.

If we get the first goal in a game and the opposition has to come at us we would win - need to start doing this, hasn’t happened once post restart. Get on the front foot of a game early and our quality will show. 

Keep the faith. 

To be fair it did vs Watford and we still threw it away, but I get your point and agree completely. If we score first and stop giving teams stupid leads we would be able to control games better.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

To be fair it did vs Watford and we still threw it away, but I get your point and agree completely. If we score first and stop giving teams stupid leads we would be able to control games better.

Yep fair point - didn’t really consider the Watford one since it happened so late on and the overall flow of the game was not impacted by it

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Goes to show how big a loss Ricardo is.

Player of the season really.

Second time I've seen this after the match. If we really cannot function in an attacking sense without Ricardo, even if he is the best right back we've had at the club, then we've royally messed up the game plan. 

Just now, jaqo88 said:

Yep fair point - didn’t really consider the Watford one since it happened so late on and the overall flow of the game was not impacted by it

Yeah it’s probably more a lack of confidence recently how we didn’t hold onto that, but I agree we need to get on the front foot and attack and not be so scared.

West Ham today showed how to do it, they had no lose attitude and played really well by attacking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Keep the faith. 

You have got to be joking. I'm as big a City fan as most but that was 100% a penalty

It's not even debatable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gearoid said:

You have got to be joking. I'm as big a City fan as most but that was 100% a penalty

It's not even debatable 

What’s not debatable about it? Yes it hit his hand, is that what you mean? 

If that’s the case then last week we have to get a penalty and then a penalty today for the one in Coleman.

I’m not outraged by this one decision in isolation but rather the sheer lack of CONSISTENCY. If they give the ones like today fair enough I would accept it if they also do the same for all other instances where it happens. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gearoid said:

It's not even debatable 

Agree it was a penalty,  but the fact the ref awarded a corner then it took VAR 3 minutes to decide makes me question the "clear and obvious error" rule.

Also makes me even more annoyed we didn't get anything against Man City, Villa, Brighton etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I like Chilwell (and the post match stuff on Sunday didn't trigger me like it did a lot of fans) but he is so frustrating.

When he goes forward with purpose, it looks like something positive is going to happen.

But then when he reaches the corner of the opposition area he stops, plays back or short, rather than having a go at the full back.

I want to see him take the man on, bomb into the area, maybe cross, maybe draw a foul.

He's too predictable and it stunts us.

Not saying he's the reason we lost or anything daft but this happens over and over and doesn't help us.

For me, this is exactly the correct summoning up of Chilwell, his play last night was complete premature ejaculation every time.

It was one of those games I drifted away from the main game and purely focussed on him to build a fair and impartial opinion of him (again) and what you've said fits perfectly.

Like you say, It's not entirely his responsibility, but if he was to have a review of that game and was asked even one question like "what were you expecting with that cross then?" it would highlight flaws in his game and why fans are angry with him.

Of course, there would be many other questions he would have to answer as well. We can all only hope he learns. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Why did it take 3 minutes then?

Everything is taking a long time at the moment. would be good to see some comparative analysis of ball in play since the restart.

its like the whole restart has been designed to make the players expend as little energy as possible to protect their fitness ..... maybe the clubs asked for this ref next season and the short close season upcoming. 

8 hours ago, FuchingKante said:

Can anyone explain why we constantly put crosses into the box without a striker that is an aerial threat? In the second half we actually looked decent playing through the middle. Iheanacho has to start vs Palace for me.

yes  because teams have realised if they defend slightly deeper and get bodies in central midfield in front of the back line, we are physically incapable of playing the quick, slick triangles we were at the start of the season so have to resort to passing sideways and swinging a naff cross in

11 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Chelsea and Man U have the extra game in the cup semi. I guess both will play second teams as Champions League is up for grabs. 

They both have bigger squads of players and the 5 subs helps them as well. No doubt this restart package helps the bigger clubs. Chelsea made a few changes Sunday but still put a strong line up out.

It was a penalty. Not sure theres much you can do about that. It is bollux we haven't had those same penalties called for us but i dont think that stops it not being a penno. The first goal should never have got in anyway. It was like watching it in slow motion. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Christoph said:

It was a penalty. Not sure theres much you can do about that. It is bollux we haven't had those same penalties called for us but i dont think that stops it not being a penno. The first goal should never have got in anyway. It was like watching it in slow motion. 

I think that's what infuriates everyone, I was/am just so annoyed that we don't get given the same decisions. I'm pretty sure there has been 5/6 this season that are similar to what was given last night. It's just the inconsistency that makes it seem like such a fix. I understand why they want Man U to get into Europe.

Chelsea finished 3rd last season there squad is strong even though they lost Hazard, there team is strong Frank Lampard hasn’t inherited a poor team that’s for sure. Even Manchester United regardless they still have a decent team, we are doing very well in the circumstances to be above those clubs. Granted we haven’t been at the races for a long time.

Listening to Rodgers post Match I think he realises we need to get that intensity back in our play, there is so much at stake and we have to Stand up to the task

It has been pretty well proven that if you sit deep against us then we struggle to score. Give somebody a 2-0 start in the first 15 and the rest of the game becomes very difficult indeed. I though generally our play was better, but it's not really about pretty football now: it's about points on the board. Would still argue that Pickford didn't have an awful lot to do and we got a little fortunate with our goal, but the first 15 meant we gave them an easy job and they weren't hugely bothered about committing bodies forwards after that point.

Thought Iheanacho looked decent when he came on, would start him against Palace. Maddison also had a pretty good cameo, though difficult to unlock a defence so deep. The Chelsea result helps us, but tbh we need Wolves and Man U to start slipping up now, and a win of any variety against Palace is essential. We've thrown away our easiest fixtures with abject performances and now will start having some must win games, and will probably need an unexpected win from somewhere. Doesn't look to be coming anytime soon but we've always been a side that can click and go on a great run of form from seemingly nowhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Amazing how you can go from flying and smashing teams 9-0 to complete free fall.

Saw a great tweet last night...Since that game we have just 3 more points than Southampton, and have only scored 2 more goals than they have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ollie93 said:

I think that's what infuriates everyone, I was/am just so annoyed that we don't get given the same decisions. I'm pretty sure there has been 5/6 this season that are similar to what was given last night. It's just the inconsistency that makes it seem like such a fix. I understand why they want Man U to get into Europe.

It's not a fix. There is no secret plot against us. However, the application of VAR has indeed been hopelessly inconsistent and we have often been on the wrong end of that. Was the ref's original decision not to award a pen last night a 'clear and obvious error'? Oh wait - let's watch the replay 30 times from a dozen different angles for three minutes to decide....