Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

This is where the pitch side monitor should come in.  We've looked at it, it's open to interpretation, you take another look at it and make the final decision.

Tbh I knew it would be given.  You could argue there was a foul on Soyuncu moments before as well in the build up.

As for the likes of Man U, had that been them on the receiving end, you can guarantee the decision would have been made in seconds and it would have been waved away.

Brendan making a very politically correct complaint about handball decisions in his 5live interview.  

"We've had handballs that look like penalties not given, and this one is really soft" 

So basically pen was bs, we've had countless ones more stonewall than that, that have been ignored

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brendan making a very politically correct complaint about handball decisions in his 5live interview.  

"We've had handballs that look like penalties not given, and this one is really soft" 

So basically pen was bs, we've had countless ones more stonewall than that, that have been ignored

It is all to favour Man U of course, it has become so obvious now that something isn’t right 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

What I don't get it with pen, was the fact that Cags was obviously fouled - I feel like I am the only person to have notice it. Also there is no way that was a deliberate hand ball from Wilf. Pathetic decision really. At that point the game was over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Thats what he should have said on sky interview.

Think he needs to have a rant tbh, we've had so many absolutely ludicrous handball decisions this year. 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is all to favour Man U of course, it has become so obvious now that something isn’t right 

I'm not fully in support for this, but I'm starting to come round to it with the decisions I've seen lately

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think he needs to have a rant tbh, we've had so many absolutely ludicrous handball decisions this year. 

I'm not fully in support for this, but I'm starting to come round to it with the decisions I've seen lately

I think the one given against us last night was a disgrace. The fact we have had so many more obvious ones ignored makes it worse. The ref never gave it (which before we felt why we weren’t getting them) VAR took nearly 3 minutes to make their mind up, how is that a clear and obvious error. VAR has overturned the refs decision and awarded a penalty on a 3 minute review ffs. Something really stinks 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think the one given against us last night was a disgrace. The fact we have had so many more obvious ones ignored makes it worse. The ref never gave it (which before we felt why we weren’t getting them) VAR took nearly 3 minutes to make their mind up, how is that a clear and obvious error. VAR has overturned the refs decision and awarded a penalty on a 3 minute review ffs. Something really stinks 

I've just made a similar point in the prem thread; that we need explanations as to why decisions have/haven't been made. So a simple statement explaining why VAR overruled the on-field decision, why DCL wasn't deemed to have fouled Soyuncu, why they didn't think Ndidi's arm was raised by Keane's jump etc. We shouldn't need to wait for a controversial decision to give us an answer and explanation 

15 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

"Buck stops at Rodgers"

.....Before that, the buck stopped at Puel.

.....It stopped at Shakey before that.

...... Buck stipped at Ranieri too.

.......How many managers are this group of players going to go through before people start to realise that THEY might be the issue?! 

Rodgers has a share of the blame to take but some of our so called big players need ro step up when needed and they haven't been doing that. 

What a load of bollocks.

The title winners that played under Ranieri and last night can hardly be considered shirkers or non triers ever since ffs.

Kasper 

Albrighton

Vardy

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I've just made a similar point in the prem thread; that we need explanations as to why decisions have/haven't been made. So a simple statement explaining why VAR overruled the on-field decision, why DCL wasn't deemed to have fouled Soyuncu, why they didn't think Ndidi's arm was raised by Keane's jump etc. We shouldn't need to wait for a controversial decision to give us an answer and explanation 

Something like this would be welcome if implemented correctly but the excuses given to justify the officials would probably cause a lot more annoyance to teams who are hard done by.

Edited by Blue ROI

22 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

What I don't get it with pen, was the fact that Cags was obviously fouled - I feel like I am the only person to have notice it. Also there is no way that was a deliberate hand ball from Wilf. Pathetic decision really. At that point the game was over.

Plenty noticed it. Just not the people in charge of making the correct decision.

VAR process has to come under serious scrutiny after last night, how they can look at the same incident for three minutes and come to the undisputably wrong decision is bizarre to me

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I think the pen against us was a pen, albeit a harsh one. Our shout for a pen was to me, no different to the 1 awarded against us against Liverpool. 

The thing that appears to annoy us most is if the Ndidi one is a pen; the Dunk arm, KDB handball, Villa handball and Burnley handball are all penalties too.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FIF said:

Ancelotti out coached BR. 

Well, he is a better manager so that's not entirely surprising.

Not a lot of hope at this point with BR seemingly unwilling or unable to hold the squad to account for this collapse.  But at the very least Kelechi has to be out there for 90 minutes - he's the only attacker who looks like he has a goal in him.  If that means benching Vardy, fine - he's terrible at the moment and has been since Xmas.  I'm sick of the excuses about how he's not getting service - a better player would find other ways to impact the game.  And his touch at the moment is terrible.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think the pen against us was a pen, albeit a harsh one. Our shout for a pen was to me, no different to the 1 awarded against us against Liverpool. 

The correct technical outcome is the ref got it wrong, "and" VAR got it wrong.

VAR is not supposed to be a re-referee, it is supposed to only correct clear and obvious mistakes, the fact they needed over 5 minutes means it was not clear and obvious.

So the VAR decision was wrong, based on that technical guideline.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Wouldn’t have had such an issue if we were getting similar and in some cases more obvious decisions. But no they are merely ignored 

14 hours ago, Tristan Angell said:

Chelsea must mad wanting a player as bad a Chillwell. In my eyes they can have him

Strange post...

One of the better players since the return..and no matter how many (minority)want to make some type of Agenda..as Usual!!!ich

He is a better fullback und Leicester player,than fans has >supporters<  that again find a pathetic reason to continue these  hate- campaigns..

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's not a fix. There is no secret plot against us. However, the application of VAR has indeed been hopelessly inconsistent and we have often been on the wrong end of that. Was the ref's original decision not to award a pen last night a 'clear and obvious error'? Oh wait - let's watch the replay 30 times from a dozen different angles for three minutes to decide....

Do you think? I'd love to see stats on how many decisions like last night go in favour of the 'top 6' compared to the rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Strange post...

One of the better players since the return..and no matter how many (minority)want to make some type of Agenda..as Usual!!!ich

He is a better fullback und Leicester player,than fans has >supporters<  that again find a pathetic reason to continue these  hate- campaigns..

Agreed - he was definitely one of our best players last night busting a gut up and down the wing constantly with no midfielder in front of him for the entire second half. Yes maybe his pass backwards at 96 mins was infuriating but he tried his best the entire game and was probably exhausted!

Random side question -  I know that players would be aware that it is stoppage time but would they necessarily know it will be the last kick of the game? What I'm trying to say is just because it is stoppage time doesn't mean that every single pass has to be lumping it up (although some of it should be) but players wouldn't be able to tell since they wouldn't be looking at a clock?

Just now, Ollie93 said:

Do you think? I'd love to see stats on how many decisions like last night go in favour of the 'top 6' compared to the rest.

Yes, I do think. I do not believe that a special instruction has been given to video assistant referees to favour certain clubs over others. Just think about it - such an instruction would amount to enormous corruption, resulting in a huge scandal and legal action, etc if found out. Those responsible could go to prison. And of course it would be found out. There are many officials involved in VAR - somebody would blow the whistle. The idea that the there is a secret plot to favour the bigger clubs and that the entire refereeing community has obediently signed up to this plot is absurd to the point of ridiculousness. 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, I do think. I do not believe that a special instruction has been given to video assistant referees to favour certain clubs over others. Just think about it - such an instruction would amount to enormous corruption, resulting in a huge scandal and legal action, etc if found out. Those responsible could go to prison. And of course it would be found out. There are many officials involved in VAR - somebody would blow the whistle. The idea that the there is a secret plot to favour the bigger clubs and that the entire refereeing community has obediently signed up to this plot is absurd to the point of ridiculousness. 

Its not the entire community though, only a small amount of ref's.

The EPL referee's dont get rotated much, its a small elite club.

• Like 1