Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

That 3 month break we’ve just had might have been a decent opportunity to do that.

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

That lack of urgency when we're behind borders on criminal. We got what we deserved there, again. Absolutely nothing.

I don't understand it. We must be the easiest side to hold a lead against in English football.

Today was pivotal, when you need to win games at any cost you need to give yourself the best advantages to score, I can't understand why we're playing wilf, if we're going to play with a cdm then would it have not been better with hamza for his height with corners, or make sure Soyuncu gets up at every opportunity, it seems like it was a bit of as you were rather than a proper game plan, this is CL we're fighting for and they don't look bothered

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Apart from the ten minutes they scored their two goals, we were head and shoulders the better team. That was never a clear and obvious error which gave them a penalty. 22 replays and over 2 minutes clearly shows that isn’t clear and obvious. 

Not sure why Chilwell is getting roasted again, he was one of our most positive outlets. Nacho and Maddison changed the game.

The tide will turn. 

Reflex FT reaction .....

Don’t win  = slam Chilwell

win = no one can remember what to do ......

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:

My point is that when Nacho came on he wasn't isolated, as he varies his game from dropping deep to staying close to goal, Vardy does not do that and that's why he's getting isolated. The connection between Vardy and our midfield is not there because teams know our game when he plays and its very 1 dimensional. They figure out how to isolate him and that's game over. Now usually he's is tenacious and works his balls off, but recently that hasn't happened. Drop him and then our team isn't Vardy centric and less predictable

I agree that forward should offer more possibilities by moving deeper and Vardy today - and probably all matches after lockout - is not offering that. But there is a big problem in this team at the moment - it's a vacant role of midfielder who can organise and control the game. As a result we play very predictably. Today we saw how Maddison has changed the game in a second half - this was exactly what is needed. But than unfortunately he was not so bright afterwards.

We have many good candidates for that role and the beginning of the season showed this. But from around Christmas time we started to miss someone like Mahres or Kante, someone who can link our excellent defence line with attacking line. Best candidates for this role are in my view Maddison and potentially Ndidi, but none of them are taking that role at the moment... As a result we are playing predictably or simply end up with endless passing backwards, having a big ball possession, but scoring no goals.

9 minutes ago, dayday said:

I never get why we don’t have a target man as back up, in games like this we’re crying out for that type of player.

It was so predictable what was happening, we ended up running out of ideas.

Hasn’t Slimani come back?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You do realise that’s just hair and he isn’t 6 foot 2 like wilf ???.

You know you're wrong and right, the net says wilf is just under 6ft but also has hamza shorter at 5ft10

Edited by splinterdream
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Apart from the ten minutes they scored their two goals, we were head and shoulders the better team. That was never a clear and obvious error which gave them a penalty. 22 replays and over 2 minutes clearly shows that isn’t clear and obvious. 

Not sure why Chilwell is getting roasted again, he was one of our most positive outlets. Nacho and Maddison changed the game.

The tide will turn. 

I don’t see this. I understand we played better then we have done. However, the better team, no. They dictated the game. We didn’t test Pickford after the goal. They got two goals, sat back and controlled what we could do. They wanted us out wide whipping crosses in. We did exactly that. We didn’t have a shot in the last 15.

I’m not being over critical of the team because at least we had some better play and I agree with you, the tide will turn but, they were the better team. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t see this. I understand we played better then we have done. However, the better team, no. They dictated the game. We didn’t test Pickford after the goal. They got two goals, sat back and controlled what we could do. They wanted us out wide whipping crosses in. We did exactly that. We didn’t have a shot in the last 15.

I’m not being over critical of the team because at least we had some better play and I agree with you, the tide will turn but, they were the better team. 

I'm not sure you can describe them as the better team, better tactics by the manager yes, but we were the better team in the second half. Also again we flatter to deceive. All the huff and puff with no end product 

Edited by hejammy

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

The tide will turn. 

Oh god thank you I thought I was going mad. Good assessment. I think the three at the back is the way to go - especially with vardy not quite on it yet. 

Being honest I think we’ve blown top four but if we pick up where we left off from 30 mins in. who knows. And 5th might do it anyway. 

Just now, hejammy said:

I'm not sure you can describe them as the better team, better tactics by the manager yes, but we were the better team in the second half. Also again we flatter to deceive. All the huff and puff with no end product 

Your final sentence sort of proves we weren’t. We huffed and puffed and didn’t land one punch after the kelechi goal. The last 15 mins, we are 2-1 down, they are allowing us to have the ball and the better team in that half doesn’t have a shot at goal ? Everton got their tactics right and controlled us. We did exactly what they want us to do. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

The tide will turn. 

Spot on, I can’t believe they didn’t mention the push or look at it for the penalty. Anywhere on the pitch we get a free kick.

shame nacho didn’t take his 2nd chance.

28 minutes ago, shade said:

I remember Brendan saying something early on like when a player got the ball he wanted them to have 3 options to pass to, now they seem to have -3.

Another huge gaff was telling everyone when we looked unbeatable (but hadn’t played Liverpool or Man c. Or Norwich) was that his teams were always better in the second half of each season...

55 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

We had 35 crosses and of that, 3 were successful (inc corners).

Why is that still the tactic??

...that's a very good question!!

For a long time we have been poor at corners and at the moment we keep swinging in the same crosses in which are swallowed up by their defence.

Looking at Rodgers reaction at the first water break he was obviously not happy and was appearing to direct his fury at Praet. Not sure if those two have a good relationship as Praet was dragged off against Chelsea and was not too happy then.

The next six games will be interesting as I think for Rodgers the penny has dropped and he may tonight have a different relationship with his team.

Big decisions need to be made and I think he is about to make them.

I enjoyed watching us today, if you take away the horrendous run we were on. 

If you were neutral, and weren't aware if which team was which.....anyone could tell who was third and who are mid table drudge.

We pressed. We passed. We were snappy in patches. We looked half decent. I'd enjoy watching a team like us if I wasn't a City fan