Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that's a very good question!!

For a long time we have been poor at corners and at the moment we keep swinging in the same crosses in which are swallowed up by their defence.

Yeah agreed. 34 clearances for Everton.. it’s honestly laughable.

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t see this. I understand we played better then we have done. However, the better team, no. They dictated the game. We didn’t test Pickford after the goal. They got two goals, sat back and controlled what we could do. They wanted us out wide whipping crosses in. We did exactly that. We didn’t have a shot in the last 15.

I’m not being over critical of the team because at least we had some better play and I agree with you, the tide will turn but, they were the better team. 

That’s fair enough mate. Everyone sees it differently. 

• Like 1

Poor start adding in the corruption that is VAR, 22 looks to see a clear and obvious error is bullshit! Tempo in possession first half two slow! Much better 2nd when both subs kept finding little pockets between the lines! Vardy looks a yard off it! We need 2 quality wingers in summer, nothing offered from out wide again. Looks like we do it all again with Moss reffing Saturday, can’t wait

On the plus side our passing and tempo was much better today, especially in the second half, but I have huge concerns with this team.

As with the Chelsea first half, the second half today we have dominated. The opposition have looked sloppy and failed to get hold of the game. Yet in both matches we’ve barely tested the goalkeeper. We created better chances today but ultimately fluffed them all apart from a flukey goal off Iheanacho’s face.

Equally concerning is how one dimensional we are. Once Everton filled the gaps in the middle and put an extra defender in to cope with Iheanacho we looked totally lost and persisted with just floating crosses in for Holgate, Mina and Keane to eat up.

We’ll face a low block and a well organised team on Saturday. It will be very tough if we carry on playing like this.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

On the plus side our passing and tempo was much better today, especially in the second half, but I have huge concerns with this team.

As with the Chelsea first half, the second half today we have dominated. The opposition have looked sloppy and failed to get hold of the game. Yet in both matches we’ve barely tested the goalkeeper. We created better chances today but ultimately fluffed them all apart from a flukey goal off Iheanacho’s face.

Equally concerning is how one dimensional we are. Once Everton filled the gaps in the middle and put an extra defender in to cope with Iheanacho we looked totally lost and persisted with just floating crosses in for Holgate, Mina and Keane to eat up.

We’ll face a low block and a well organised team on Saturday. It will be very tough if we carry on playing like this.

I think you mean that goal was calculated?

We dominated the ball for 60 minutes of that game but we created so little in front of goal.

There was a 10-15 minute period after Nacho scored where pressure was building and there were a couple of good moves but the break came and as others have pointed out, Ancelotti made changes (brought off a forward and brought on a tall CB) and a midfielder to solidify in the middle and after that we looked out of ideas. 

I'm not sure either team really was "better" as such, but Everton converted two chances early on and adjusted tactically when it looked like we were gaining the upper hand. They did what they needed to do and didn't really even have to try too hard to see out the victory.

I don't get it. All the way through the match thread everyone is moaning about why do we persist in putting crosses into the box when we don't have a target man, then berate chilwell and the rest for not pumping the ball long into the box from the halfway line for the last few minutes. Do all our forward players grow a few inches taller in the last five minutes of games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

And for the people slagging off Chilwell for one pass backwards, grow up. Thought Chilwell was our best player today. 

I like Chilwell (and the post match stuff on Sunday didn't trigger me like it did a lot of fans) but he is so frustrating.

When he goes forward with purpose, it looks like something positive is going to happen.

But then when he reaches the corner of the opposition area he stops, plays back or short, rather than having a go at the full back.

I want to see him take the man on, bomb into the area, maybe cross, maybe draw a foul.

He's too predictable and it stunts us.

Not saying he's the reason we lost or anything daft but this happens over and over and doesn't help us.

• Like 2

His run for the Coleman handball incident summed it up. Did brilliantly to get away from his marker, momentum going towards the box then decides to slow down, multiple stepovers for no reason and a crap cross. If he'd kept on going, attempted to go past Coleman and drill it across something could've occurred.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I like Chilwell (and the post match stuff on Sunday didn't trigger me like it did a lot of fans) but he is so frustrating.

When he goes forward with purpose, it looks like something positive is going to happen.

But then when he reaches the corner of the opposition area he stops, plays back or short, rather than having a go at the full back.

I want to see him take the man on, bomb into the area, maybe cross, maybe draw a foul.

He's too predictable and it stunts us.

Not saying he's the reason we lost or anything daft but this happens over and over and doesn't help us.

It’s because he’s appallingly one-footed. Toffee played him well. Stood two yards outside his left foot and forced him onto his right. He wasn’t brave enough or good enough to take the bait. Alway stopped and cut back, then they are  in position and set. 😖😖😖

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Do you know what summed that match up.....Chilwell passing it back to Soyuncu at the end....all I saw Chilwell do is either check back and pass it to someone or hoof it aimlessly.....take the money from Chelsea spend it on a decent midfielder and play Fuchs

You think we should play Fuchs regularly next season?

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Justin has suffered on the right, Albrighton at the back with Perez in front of him isnt a bad shout.

Albrighton at the back? Haven't we tried that before?

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think most people are overreacting. Compared to the last 3 games that was an improvement. Didn’t deserve to be 2-0 down, first half was okay, second half was much better. In previous games the entire performance was pretty abject but tonight the only issue was the final 3rd. No way did we deserve to lose that, at worst we deserved a point. And for the people slagging off Chilwell for one pass backwards, grow up. Thought Chilwell was our best player today. 

👏👏

Right can we all agree that sticking crosses into the box isn't working because Vardy doesn't win headers. Add to that Chilwell can't cross and JJ is no Pereira. Right

Has Rodgers ever considered playing wingers on their opposite sides like Ranieri did when we won the league? I know they ain't no Riyad Mahrez but surely Perez can cut in on his right foot and shoot likewise maybe Maddison on the right? Just an idea cos our wingers at the minute might as well not be on the pitch.

• Like 1