Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I wonder what the thinking was in putting the numbers above the lockers in a random order? 

Friends sitting together, premier league rules say in changing rooms for stadiums they must sit in order.... But at the training ground it is how ever they actually want to sit... (Crazy right)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I’ve always assumed our owners wanted to turn their yo-yo club into the best of the “middle class”, able to compete with the biggest boys (even if not dine at the same table).  Even that seemed breathtaking ambition -- but just about the right target, since they can keep a more warmly human, less mercenary “feel” at that scale.  And it should be sustainable.

It now dawns on me that the objective really is to compete among the big clubs, even if by unconventional means.

I don’t care if the “Big Six” become a “Big Seven” because I hate the idea of a big six -- clubs’ fortunes should rise or fall on merit, as they always have.  But I would so love to keep

“WHO LET LEICESTER GET SO GOOD”

permanently on the lips of every lazy pundit, big club executive and glory hunting fan.

Vichai made the media and everyone else laugh when he said he wanted to make us a top 5 team and play in Europe within 3 years of promotion. The ambition has always been there but he was very realistic about our chances and what it would take. The thing is, winning the actual ****ing Premier League threw a spanner in the works and took us by surprise the most. I think it forced us to have a rethink about how to improve the club next. I think we're going about it the right way!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Vichai made the media and everyone else laugh when he said he wanted to make us a top 5 team and play in Europe within 3 years of promotion. The ambition has always been there but he was very realistic about our chances and what it would take. The thing is, winning the actual ****ing Premier League threw a spanner in the works and took us by surprise the most. I think it forced us to have a rethink about how to improve the club next. I think we're going about it the right way!

Have to agree, it was such a curve ball, it probably took the club 12-18 months to clear its head.

• Like 1

What's with the podium island structure in the middle of the changing room? @Billynomates

Normally the centre is reserved for the manager/coaches to address the entire team at once. Or perhaps that's just at the stadium. 

Isn't that why the away team changing rooms at the stadium has a 'structural' piller strategically placed in the middle  to make team talks awkward? 

Just now, Spudulike said:

What's with the podium island structure in the middle of the changing room? @Billynomates

Normally the centre is reserved for the manager/coaches to address the entire team at once. Or perhaps that's just at the stadium. 

Isn't that why the away team changing rooms at the stadium has a 'structural' piller strategically placed in the middle  to make team talks awkward? 

It's Matty James' treatment table.