Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

What's with the podium island structure in the middle of the changing room? @Billynomates

Normally the centre is reserved for the manager/coaches to address the entire team at once. Or perhaps that's just at the stadium. 

Isn't that why the away team changing rooms at the stadium has a 'structural' piller strategically placed in the middle  to make team talks awkward? 

Its the sacrificial altar, they have tested it on Gray, thats why he is not even in the match day squads.

The rest of the squad know that they will be next if they have poor games. This is the reason we have been playing so well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

on a serious note, as the season becomes ever congested approaching xmas and the players become more and more mentally drained, the timing of a move into this environment could prove to be a master stroke with everyone getting a big lift from it …..

Or fannies on here will be claiming its the reason for our next poor run, like Rodgers next contract last season 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Spudulike said:

What's with the podium island structure in the middle of the changing room? @Billynomates

Normally the centre is reserved for the manager/coaches to address the entire team at once. Or perhaps that's just at the stadium. 

Isn't that why the away team changing rooms at the stadium has a 'structural' piller strategically placed in the middle  to make team talks awkward? 

It's for Rodgers to stand on to make him look big. 

I think it adds character. Wonderful character.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I agree - trust is v important ....but I still sit on the side that it just happened and the stats support it was mainly the points that dropped away rather than the performances ....

How has he suddenly won their trust back then? 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How has he suddenly won their trust back then? 

It’s a big IF whether he lost it in the first place but if some of the senior players were concerned that he wasn’t fully committed then I expect it would have come out in the post season post mortem re CL qualification and the air was cleared ....

I know it’s a theory out there and I don’t subscribe to it but there’s no doubt that our mental state post early December last year took a knock that we never really recovered from .....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Its the sacrificial altar, they have tested it on Gray, thats why he is not even in the match day squads.

The rest of the squad know that they will be next if they have poor games. This is the reason we have been playing so well. 

Maybe it's a hot Turkish table for Soyuncu & Under 🔥

25 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Can’t really add any more worthwhile photos than @Billynomates as put up, but having been to site I have to say it’s going to be amazing when it’s done!! Although there’s still LOADS of work still to do. I’d be amazed if we’re in in 2 weeks

some of the little touches are nice as well, like the foxes emblem engraved into internal concrete walls. The place oozes class.

would love to see what you’ve got re the stadium @Billynomates

60DE0A4A-9D93-47BC-BEA0-0F1B5F92175A.jpeg

So is that embossed all around on the walls then? That’s just sensational. Would you say we’re looking at a month for completion or more then?

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

So is that embossed all around on the walls then? That’s just sensational. Would you say we’re looking at a month for completion or more then?

I saw it in one location but a lot of the walls still have boards/protective covering over them.

it looks a good few weeks away but the club are pushing hard for the next 7-10 days. They’ve got 500 odd people on site day and night so they may pull it out of the bag. We may need to phone Nick Knowles in though with his team!

there’s still a lot of landscaping that needs doing as well but I guess that can be done whilst the players are in.

7 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

Can’t really add any more worthwhile photos than @Billynomates as put up, but having been to site I have to say it’s going to be amazing when it’s done!! Although there’s still LOADS of work still to do. I’d be amazed if we’re in in 2 weeks

some of the little touches are nice as well, like the foxes emblem engraved into internal concrete walls. The place oozes class.

would love to see what you’ve got re the stadium @Billynomates

60DE0A4A-9D93-47BC-BEA0-0F1B5F92175A.jpeg

Thats beautiful work. The texture and inconsistency of the concrete are very special. I would have never thought it was concrete. More like natural stone. First Class.

@Billynomatesthank you so much for the pictures! This place is beyond any Leicester fans wildest dreams.

Do you know if the center will ever be open to the public once it's done? Probably not during the season, but I could see them offering tours of the center during close season. I think many of us would love to visit the place, it looks like a footballing paradise!

• Like 4

On 13/11/2020 at 15:57, Billynomates said:

B05BA65C-CF7B-48FF-80E6-BD848113596E.jpeg

950F36CD-7545-4F68-B552-7829AD7633DB.jpeg

CAB27DDE-BBAD-4801-8E70-0F5FD1A60A20.jpeg

I know the place looked massive from some of the aerial view photos and vids but that last picture really gives you some perspective  just how big at ground level and that’s  only part of it . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

Id imagine long term we'll see a shift to where players choose live. 

Overseas players tend to radiate to stoneygate atm. I think most English don't even bother to move here, apart from an urban flat as a crash pad 

Tigers players, for ecample, tend to be harborough, tilton way as they train at Oadby.....so I reckon there'll be a slow shift of players away from the city and living  towards queniborough, Melton, Cossington, Rothley. They'll probably skip east goscote though (always seems a tremendously odd place to me) 

• Haha 1