Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Id imagine long term we'll see a shift to where players choose live. 

Overseas players tend to radiate to stoneygate atm. I think most English don't even bother to move here, apart from an urban flat as a crash pad 

Tigers players, for ecample, tend to be harborough, tilton way as they train at Oadby.....so I reckon there'll be a slow shift of players away from the city and living  towards queniborough, Melton, Cossington, Rothley. They'll probably skip east goscote though (always seems a tremendously odd place to me) 

Goscote is odd, got a decent boozer in the summer though, especially when England play:englandsmile4wf:

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Goscote is odd, got a decent boozer in the summer though, especially when England play:englandsmile4wf:

The Plough (or sims) is crap, and has been for as long as I've known it - I spent the first 25 years of my life in East Goscote

Edited by TiffToff88

The new stadium will look incredible. I have to say the current kingpower stadium isn’t great. The concourses and toilets are poor and aesthetically the stadium from the outside looks like something on an industrial estate. They will completely regenerate this area when the time come and show Peter Soulsby what true regeneration is. I look forward to the plans being unveiled 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

The new stadium will look incredible. I have to say the current kingpower stadium isn’t great. The concourses and toilets are poor and aesthetically the stadium from the outside looks like something on an industrial estate. They will completely regenerate this area when the time come and show Peter Soulsby what true regeneration is. I look forward to the plans being unveiled 

Admittedly the stadium won't win prizes for external looks but it's much more than concrete, plastic and steel. Filbert Street (rip) looked shite but we loved it. Our 'new' place already has some incredible history and I don't know of any new build stadiums that can get close to matching it. 

Confident it will look classy after the makeover. Someone needs to write a book to cover the first 20 years (almost). 

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

From what we've seen in these photo's so far, there doesn't seem to be an over branding of King Power. It does look to be very LCFC with the badges and signage. It will be interesting to see what name they finally settle on. 

I guess what commercial gain would KP get from branding everything at the training ground? It's not seen on match days so isn't increasing brand either.

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I guess what commercial gain would KP get from branding everything at the training ground? It's not seen on match days so isn't increasing brand either.

All official training ground photos and film clips of players in match preparation will have KP logos etc in the background, much like Belvoir Drive. Also KP will, I assume, be incorporated in the official name. Liverpool's is AXA. 

Going to need some pretty strong netting in front of those windows in the indoor pitch hall to avoid Wilf carrying out a demolition job with his shots on goal..

• Haha 2