Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

13 hours ago, mad biker said:

Plan is that the office staff will move in on Saturday and all the football / playing staff will move in on December 7th.

Or, if later, the day after we lose our next game. No need to break up any winning routines if we are winning ...

• Like 1

Spot on, I would imagine. It’s why I built a putting green on my balcony for lockdown where the hole is 15% smaller than a real golf hole. Sadly, post lockdown my putting is still pants 😞

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Arsenal have something similar to this setup and when Wenger was in charge he said he wanted it that way because it subconsciously improved his players ability to play in tight spaces, which then when playing on a full pitch made it easier for them to play. It's similar to playing 6 a side on a 5 a side pitch, you have to be much faster and more accurate with your passing because there's not as much space.

Whether that's the reason or not I don't know, but it's not unheard of. 

The pitch at Highbury was one of the smallest in the league so maybe it was built to scale too.

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Spot on, I would imagine. It’s why I built a putting green on my balcony for lockdown where the hole is 15% smaller than a real golf hole. Sadly, post lockdown my putting is still pants 😞

Sounds like a good way to put a putter thru a TV

5 hours ago, Billynomates said:

It’s not. It’s fa standard 105x68m plus over run. Unless I’ve missed something 

The pics in this thread make it look smaller than a normal pitch. Specifically I’m looking at the distance from the edge of the 18 yd boxes to the sidelines. Seems like it’s a lot less than normal

Found this on the planning portal about community access:

Community access and use of LCFC Training Ground sports facilities
  260 hours per annum minimum (87 hours – children, 87 hours – young people, 87 hours – adults)
11 days per annum ringfenced for children
11 days per annum ringfenced for young people
  Onsite
   School Sports Days
Junior Grassroots Clubs tournaments PLPS events PL Kicks events
School Sports Days
Junior Grassroots Clubs
  Community Access and use of LCFC Training Ground sports facilities will be free of charge
  Attendance captured and monitored
Community Access and use of LCFC Training Ground sports facilities to be profiled by both LCitC and LCFC media teams
Case studies produced and publicised

11 days per annum ringfenced for adults
     tournaments
P Inspires events
PL Kicks events Foxes Forest events
Walking Football and Weight-loss league tournaments Mindfulness Walks onsite Tours for Match Fit, Then, Now and Forever participants Celebration days for 12- week targeted intervention participants Grassroots Clubs – Coach CPD sessions

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Drove past earlier on my way to get some eggs and the entrance looks almost finished. Minimalist lighting on the sides, it's gonna look beautiful. I hope the photography department is ready to show it off.

Have they laid the top/finishing level or road surface yet? It was bare tarmac when I was there last week but looking at the renders the top level will be a beige colour?

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Drove past earlier on my way to get some eggs and the entrance looks almost finished. Minimalist lighting on the sides, it's gonna look beautiful. I hope the photography department is ready to show it off.

Didnt you stop and take a photo? Disappointed :(