Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

Leicester are pushing to get the condition about the junction removed. 

However because its such a big deal it is likely to go to committee again. Leicester pushing to get it on Nov agenda. Unlikely to be heard until at least Dec and even if found in favour of the club. Thats at least new year before they move the 1st team up there even if ready before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..it just goes to show when a topic has gone stale!!!

Please,  enough with these puns, it's all very well off the cuff but premeditated..please,  just stop.

asking for people to stop doing shit puns on FT is like asking a shark to stop swimming. it would see an early grave. 

4 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

asking for people to stop doing shit puns on FT is like asking a shark to stop swimming. it would see an early grave. 

..not saying off the cuff innovative comments are not fine, at times it is a great release from some toxic topics!!!

When it is premeditated, it has already lost the element of surprise and just becomes tedious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..not saying off the cuff innovative comments are not fine, at times it is a great release from some toxic topics!!!

When it is premeditated, it has already lost the element of surprise and just becomes tedious.

Will you stop it with the alliteration! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bayfox said:

However because its such a big deal it is likely to go to committee again. Leicester pushing to get it on Nov agenda. Unlikely to be heard until at least Dec and even if found in favour of the club. Thats at least new year before they move the 1st team up there even if ready before.

Sorry to quote myself but now found out highways have actually planned the work in for Dec anyway. So remains to be seen if City continue with trying to gain 1 month realistically or not.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Sorry to quote myself but now found out highways have actually planned the work in for Dec anyway. So remains to be seen if City continue with trying to gain 1 month realistically or not.

....it is essential that the junction is made safe, even if the club will have to throw some money at it!!!

We have a great deal of assets coming and going to the centre and it would be short sighted not to recognise and attempt to minimise the danger that mutually agreed non-action, will pose

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

19 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Hold on, so the condition doesn't need to be removed as the work is happening anyway? So it's open for business as soon as Highways complete the work in Dec?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I still don’t understand why the club can’t give an undertaking that all traffic using the site will NOT use the junction.  How difficult is it to observe a rule for the club staff ???

...is there a reasonable alternative option for access to the centre other than the use of the junction?

I am not aware of other avenues and it would be foolhardy, should we not push for a safer junction.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...is there a reasonable alternative option for access to the centre other than the use of the junction?

I am not aware of other avenues and it would be foolhardy, should we not push for a safer junction.

You can travel along the A46/to the next junction and U turn - a five minute detour .....

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You can travel along the A46/to the next junction and U turn - a five minute detour .....

...as I am not someone who uses this road, do you need to drive through the junction to get to the next in order for the U-turn?

The comments are that the problem stems from waiting to make the turn at the junction, with the lack of space, where the rear of vehicles are protruding and perhaps forcing cars to switch lanes late, due to misjudgment.

Edited by sacreblueits442

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I still don’t understand why the club can’t give an undertaking that all traffic using the site will NOT use the junction.  How difficult is it to observe a rule for the club staff ???

I suppose the things with a place like this is, club staff will make up only one section of people using the facility.

When you think daily deliveries, media, agents, Contractors , and if the 500 seat stand is to be used for u23 games then supporters too and I’m sure many other non club employees.

While the club can advise its own staff on what they can and can’t do, the same can’t be done for all visitors.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I suppose the things with a place like this is, club staff will make up only one section of people using the facility.

When you think daily deliveries, media, agents, Contractors , and if the 500 seat stand is to be used for u23 games then supporters too and I’m sure many other non club employees.

While the club can advise its own staff on what they can and can’t do, the same can’t be done for all visitors.

There won’t be any visitors for U23 fixtures whilst the work is being sorted due to covid.  A sign on the junction stating ‘NO ACCESS FOR THE TRAINING CENTRE’  would suffice. Of course some delivery drivers will ignore it but you can’t police everyone. 

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as I am not someone who uses this road, do you need to drive through the junction to get to the next in order for the U-turn?

The comments are that the problem stems from waiting to make the turn at the junction, with the lack of space, where the rear of vehicles are protruding and perhaps forcing cars to switch lanes late, due to misjudgment.

imagine that there is no junction where the training ground turning is ....... when you leave you have to turn left  - you wouldn’t be allowed to go straight across the junction to turn right .....

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There won’t be any visitors for U23 fixtures whilst the work is being sorted due to covid.  A sign on the junction stating ‘NO ACCESS FOR THE TRAINING CENTRE’  would suffice. Of course some delivery drivers will ignore it but you can’t police everyone. 

imagine that there is no junction where the training ground turning is ....... when you leave you have to turn left  - you wouldn’t be allowed to go straight across the junction to turn right .....

...thanks very much, my thoughts were when going into the Centre at the junction where you would have to turn right!!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Is Brendan still driving his Porsche? That 5  min detour surely won't do.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the junction but a) any and all works are minimal with a low disruption and b) if there are any delays it is most likely they are either now appealing them on the supporting transport england approval (for us) or arranging with LCC to get a date to do the small amount of works. Either way it would be harsh to not get a temporary extension for engineering works. It's all money, the guy who complained works for the council and those bleeders woukd have the kerbstones made out of gold if they could!

Screenshot_20201110-002620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-002832_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-003221_Drive.jpg