Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

24 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'm sort of excited, but at the same time fully expect to be furious come 8pm tonight.

You're a game behind me, this was how I was pre-South Coast Massacre. 

Now I'm just beaten and jaded. You'll get there next. 

I'm somewhere between Depression and Acceptance. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're a game behind me, this was how I was pre-South Coast Massacre. 

Now I'm just beaten and jaded. You'll get there next. 

I’m with Finners here. 

Forgive the insensitive nature of this but it’s a bit like having an intrusive or unpleasant set of treatments. 

as an example the club has cancer. It doesn’t know if it will beat the cancer and the chemo sessions are intolerable for us all ( these are the matches for the hard of thinking ). We may beat the cancer and somehow fluke CL. We may just die. We know the chemo / matches is necessary but they are horrible. The only positive for us all is that there are only 3x chemo sessions left. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

After Sunday I said to my lady, 'That's it, I'm done with them this season. I'm not watching the last 3 matches, if they can't be bothered neither can I.

Just tried to explain to her that was Sunday and Man U have only drew since then so it's still in our hands. 'But' she said, 'You reckoned they couldn't beat our grandsons team they are that bad'.

"Well, they can't be that bad again.' I suggested. 'I'll watch the first half and make a decision at half time, well perhaps 10 mins into the second half and it depends on his substitutions. In fact, even if they are playing crap again I might  watch it until the end, especially if it's close.

'You'll never hang yourself' came the reply.

Well, who knows........

Genius - there's a keeper right there.

Brilliant.

lol

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I’m with Finners here. 

Forgive the insensitive nature of this but it’s a bit like having an intrusive or unpleasant set of treatments. 

as an example the club has cancer. It doesn’t know if it will beat the cancer and the chemo sessions are intolerable for us all ( these are the matches for the hard of thinking ). We may beat the cancer and somehow fluke CL. We may just die. We know the chemo / matches is necessary but they are horrible. The only positive for us all is that there are only 3x chemo sessions left. 

This is tragically apt. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I’m with Finners here. 

**** me dead - you two need to start enjoying football again and not just the need of winning and 3 points.

I felt like this in the title winning season - it became not about every minute of football that I watched but more about the result.

Supporting a football team in 4th place shouldn't be this debilitatingly tragic - it should be a bit more excitement and fun and about an underdog overcoming (or at least attempting overcoming) the odds!

Christ - people on the forum with cancer reading that TPH.... FFS lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

**** me dead - you two need to start enjoying football again and not just the need of winning and 3 points.

I felt like this in the title winning season - it became not about every minute of football that I watched but more about the result.

Supporting a football team in 4th place shouldn't be this debilitatingly tragic - it should be a bit more excitement and fun and about an underdog overcoming (or at least attempting overcoming) the odds!

Christ - people on the forum with cancer reading that TPH.... FFS lol

Yeah it’s not going to go down well is it? 

Apologies to all and I hope we can all distance ourselves sufficiently from it and appreciate it for what it is. 

I was livid after the Bournemouth game. My son is 8 and just didn’t understand it. Poor sod. 

At the start of the Bournemouth game I said to myself it’s just a game and just see it as that... probably why I was so much more chilled when that disaster happened.

The game before I was going mental and my poor daughter was scared so I need to have the same approach tonight when I watch.

i love my Leicester, let’s just hope this is a small down and more ups are just around the corner.

Bailed out by Southampton and Sheffield United last week.

This is last chance.

Nothing other than a win will do. Stand up and put a performance in or fold and play next season in the Europa League.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Bailed out by Southampton and Sheffield United last week.

This is last chance.

Nothing other than a win will do. Stand up and put a performance in or fold and play next season in the Europa League.

This it the poor-analogy/politics/the Streets thread mate.

There'll be a match thread round here somewhere. Good luck.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Are his shirts any worse than your appreciation for khaki and olive green? 

Who even is Swan Lesta? I feel like I should know, but just don't. You were always so close and still within reach. But who are you? Or what are you?

Maybe I like the mystery best. We are like two glorious Leicester City supporting boats with posters of Lee Philpott and Steve Agnew on the side, passing in the night, wondering if things could... maybe should.. have been different.