Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

Having been battered by Bournemouth, I really hope that the players are itching to put things right by being aggressive tonight and playing on the front foot. This is when we need the leaders in the team (Kasper, Evans, Vardy) to stand up and get the team going otherwise we're finished. 

Decided not to get up for the Bournemouth game (how lucky was that) as i decided that i expect to win and if we lost id be pissed, so unless we suddenly looked like Barca i wasnt going to miss much.

Will be staying up for the SU game tonight though... hoping for a huge response to the last result and watching us pummel them 3-0.

Nacho - 7 & 69

Vardy - 43

These are tough to beat on the road, and have the set up to frustrate. Not a day for Albrighton crossing at every opportunity into 3 centre backs :unsure:

Could get some joy pressing and winning the ball back when their centre halves move into midfield. Perez could be crucial in that respect. 

From what I've seen most of their goals come from balls into the box, either from set pieces or by getting to the byline and pulling across. I'd risk Morgan, although it's got Morgan own goal potential. 

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Praet

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

I finally feel pessimistic before a game.  The Bournemouth game did for me particularly, there second goal.

Reality:  Bournemouth have scored a seco d goal.  Schmeichel again!

Optimistic self:We can still do this.  We are so much better than Bournemouth.

Reality:  Hey, Optimism!  Soyuncu's been sent off!

Optimistic self:  Even under these circumstances without our pace, ball playing centre half, without our injured excellent right back, without our two injured current England players , without Albrighton we can still do it.

Reality:  Do you even believe yourself?

Optimistic self:  I need a lie-down.

Before this game,  Sheff U have got to work out who to leave out;  we have to work out who can play.

Ive usually shaken any negativity off and full of hope before a game.

Feel absolutely nothing about this one though, its so weird. I think its because even if we do manage to win the next 2, I dont think we've got the stones to win when the pressure is on.

I just feel numb about it all

Its still in our hands. But I feel nervous already and its way too early.

Undecided if I take my the champions league shirt off the wall and wear it or if that's a potential curse.

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ive usually shaken any negativity off and full of hope before a game.

Feel absolutely nothing about this one though, its so weird. I think its because even if we do manage to win the next 2, I dont think we've got the stones to win when the pressure is on.

I just feel numb about it all

I think the numbness is magnified as we can't get down there to at least try to make a difference. I always feel more passionate about the club during adversary. This lockdown football just leaves a feeling emptiness. Its not real. 

Got nearly zero confidence for this. Live in Sheffield and one of my best mates is a blades fan, so could be an appalling weekend for me.

However I've still got that small spark that never quite goes out which makes me think we can pull something out the bag tonight.

I feel sick already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we punish Iheanacho and go 1 up top again then I fear we will serve up some real muck. Have to play 3-4-1-2 and go at them, we need a 2 goal cushion for confidence.

If he drops him, that's his ego talking not his brain.

I really hope he learned from his past mistake.

Stuck my Acca on for Sheff Utd, Man Utd, Spurs and Utd so hopefully my betting curse strikes in at least a few of the games 🤣

Dunno why  have a feeling big Wes might grab a goal and lead us to a championship style shithouse win - which I would take!

We've got this.

People overreacting massively. And also overrating Blades.

When we are set to play an opposition who've just been battered everybody says "they will be wanting a reaction". That's what we should be like today.

We'll wipe Wilder's smug face off.

Up the Foxes.

If not then I'm hiding away.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Goes without saying that we have to match their work rate and aggression first. If we don't then they'll be marauding down our flanks and slinging the ball into our box for fun. If Chilwell is fit logic might suggest 3-5-2 or some variant. As long as we can maintain the majority of good possession with good concentration and not over respect Sheffield Utd, we can control the game and get the result we want. Will be an interesting to see Brendan's game plan tonight. Will he go three at the back, revert to his 4-1-4-1 or try to match their three at the back with three up front? Whichever he goes for, if we don't match the opposition for commitment first and foremost then it won't matter what system we play.

10 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Forgot that Vardy would despise Sheff Utd being a Wednesday fan. Hopefully it leads to an inspiring performance with him leading from the front 

Translates as a red card for an overly aggressive tackle when he slides in to block an Enda Stevens clearance near the touchline. 

:whistle:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we punish Iheanacho and go 1 up top again then I fear we will serve up some real muck. Have to play 3-4-1-2 and go at them, we need a 2 goal cushion for confidence.

I’d be tempted to play Gray and Barnes on the wings and Pérez behind Vards.

Use Nacho as an impact point to prove sub if required.

Schmeichel

Justin

Anyone but Bennett (preferably big Wes)

Evans

Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Kelechi

Feel fairly confident that he'll start with that midfield/forward line to some variation, its just whether he wants to play Albrighton or not.