Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Are his shirts any worse than your appreciation for khaki and olive green? 

Yes. They're a different sport.

Though I acknowledge my campaign for a plain brown, round necked, Adidas LCFC away shirt with orange, turquoise and olive stripe hasn't seen as much support as I'd have expected.

Just now, Katy said:

Still with the shirts James? 😂

Only before I take them off; which now happens after about the seventh pint, as opposed to the twelfth, which is an interesting development, mainly because I refuse to adapt to this ... endearing (?) ... development?

The great Welshman (Iwan, not Finners, although its close), once complimented on my shirts on twitter. And my cat. One day I'll tell a story or two about the magical Quiz nights Iwan and I enjoyed in a sleepy Kentish village.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can we have the birch dressed as Churchill in the changing room tonight? 

I'm not sure a cartoon insurance dog is going to elicit the response I need, but Birch will no doubt enjoy it, and tunnel cam should be a good watch, so yeah, sod it, I'm in.

• Haha 3

Perspective 

Watching us in the 80’s under Pleat or Taylor or Levein or Holloway or Allen and so on....

This is probably the best era ever to be a City Fan and yes it’s been really disappointing since January and most notably since lock down but we are a club going forward with even greater potential.

To compare it to cancer is just insensitive and stupid.

Get behind the lads and hope they can pull together as we need 3 points - Sunday was a very low point but I believe in the players that they will be up for this !!

• Like 3

It's a weird one isn't it. A season of 2 halves - swap them around and everyone would be raving at us being in 5th, with 3 games to go. 

Obviously confidence and momentum are huge in football and we have neither right now. Hopefully there's one more twist in this tale. 

Regardless of the results now, I think Rodgers seriously needs decent performances from the team in these last 3 games - otherwise he could be in trouble early next season. 

I'm not trying to suggest he could or should get the sack anytime soon, and I'm certainly not 'Rodgers Out' but Top and the board are proven to look at long term form patterns (see Sven sacking) so how this season ends and next starts is crucial. 

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers places faith in Leicester City old guard for Champions League sprint
Leicester City have a handful of injuries that could see them to turn to the more experienced heads in the squad for the crucial final three Premier League games

ByJordan Blackwell
22:31, 15 JUL 2020

Brendan Rodgers is backing Leicester City’s title-winning old guard to see them across the line again in the race for the Champions League.

With injuries to contend with, the City boss may have to recall his senior pros to the starting line-up for Thursday’s big clash with Sheffield United (6pm kick-off).

With the fearlessness and talent of stars like Ricardo Pereira, Caglar Soyuncu, Ben Chilwell, and James Maddison set to be unavailable to Rodgers, he will need the guile and know-how of his experienced heads, with Christian Fuchs and Wes Morgan, half of the title-winning back four, potentially in line for a start against the Blades.

Add Kasper Schmeichel, Jamie Vardy, and title-winner with Manchester United Jonny Evans, then it’s a side that knows how to achieve the ultimate goal.

Asked if he’d back his older players to get the job done, Rodgers replied: “One hundred per cent, but they all can't do it on their own, you do need that calmness and energy and commitment and a bit of luck as well.

"Kasper has had an absolutely outstanding season, he has been superb and has been a great influence. He’s such an incredible personality and I’m hoping that over time we can develop guys to lead and have that personality as well. He puts himself out there. He doesn’t shy away. He takes on the responsibility.

“Jonny Evans has great experience. Fuchsy, Vards, Wes – even though he hasn't been playing so much his calmness around the team is very important.

“All these guys have been very pivotal since I've been here and they will remain that, they are key.”

Club captain Morgan, the third oldest outfield player in the Premier League behind Phil Jagielka and Glenn Murray, has started just once in the top flight this season, but with Soyuncu suspended, he could be back in alongside Jonny Evans.

“There’s no doubt he’s there if we need him,” Rodgers said of the 36-year-old.

“Wes has played a huge part for us both on and off the park for us this season and will continue that next season.

“His calmness and leadership qualities – I think back to the game up there against Sheffield United. He comes into the game in the last 15 minutes or so just to see the game through.

“There were lots of balls coming into the box and he attacked them brilliantly. So I know he’s there if we need it.

“We may well be missing three of four of what’s been our back four all season but the likes of him and Ryan Bennett – when asked to play and come in and play and do a job – they will do that. Wes has prepared himself all season for that.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-places-faith-leicester-4331718

Or

Leicester City injuries could give rising stars their chance
City could be without five senior first-team players for Thursday's Premier League clash, and may need to call on the development squad to complete their substitutes' bench

ByJordan Blackwell
08:00, 16 JUL 2020
SPORT

Leicester City’s injury problems could see them call on a couple of their rising stars for Thursday’s clash with Sheffield United.

City could have five first-team regulars unavailable for the meeting with the Blades, with Ricardo Periera out for the season, with Caglar Soyuncu now suspended for the remainder of the campaign, and with Ben Chilwell, James Maddison, and Marc Albrighton all doubtful.

If all five are ruled out of Thursday’s huge game at the King Power Stadium, City will not have enough senior players to fill their nine-man substitutes’ bench, and one or two of their Under-23s could make an appearance in the matchday squad for the first time.

Several of the club’s up-and-comers have been training with the first-team squad since the restart, with striker George Hirst and left-back Luke Thomas among those regularly involved.

Nineteen-year-old Thomas even travelled with the senior squad for the first time for last week’s draw at Arsenal, and would be the most likely youngster to earn a spot among the replacements.

However, Rodgers may be reluctant to hand them a debut in such a high-pressure match, especially as they have not played a competitive game since March, with the Under-23s’ campaign curtailed amid the coronavirus crisis.

“Luke has been training with the squad and I’ve been so impressed by him,” Brendan Rodgers said. “He’s really one for the future once he gets experience. He’ll do very well.

“It’s difficult because the likes of Luke and some of the other boys, they haven’t played so many games over these last number of months but I always look to young players if I have to play them. If I think that’s the best possibility, of course I will do that.

“Someone like Luke has impressed me a lot. I think for him it’s only a matter of time. Timing will be important for him.

“But it’s certainly something I always look at, to see when is the right moment, if it is, to play a young player.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-injuries-could-give-4331765

In the words of Charles Dickens it's been a 

Tale of Two Cities

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Luke has been training with the squad and I’ve been so impressed by him,” Brendan Rodgers said. “He’s really one for the future once he gets experience. He’ll do very well.

So if we keep Chilwell for at least one more season, perhaps he could be replacement. Should certainly get game time next season.

I can't see any of the youngsters getting a game (except as a sub close to end), not so much because it's a must win game but with no competitive match practice for nearly 4 months would be asking too much as everyone else has played games. 

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can we have the birch dressed as Churchill in the changing room tonight? 

lol Hard to think now that was during a relegation battle with Man City.

23 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Where's Swan Lesta disappeared to? He was here half an hour ago, but suddenly he's a guest.....

I was just about to rep the lad for posting The Streets. :dunno:

Think of me like Jesus, but different.

The most important thing in this game is a reaction isn't it. We know how dangerous taking a losing whimpering mentality into close season can be - alternatively, we know the benefits of taking a winning mentality into a new season.

If we show some bottle and some fight in this game then I think it'll relight the fire. I want to see it on the face of the players and manager that it matters to them. Probably tough when the gaffer has said we're not good enough for top and don't deserve to be there. Hopefully they realise themselves that it's criminal to blow such a lead though.

At the minute I have no belief in this team. First thing is to try and restore that.