Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If you were playing against forest would it fire you up? 

Nah not personally. I'd be fired up based on circumstances rather than just cus i'm playing a certain team. If I had 20,000 Forest fans calling me all sorts of names then I'd be more fired up. 

I would hope Vardy and any other lads don't need any firing up for this game. They should all be winning their 50 50s and not leaving the pitch with an ounce of energy. 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nah not personally. I'd be fired up based on circumstances rather than just cus i'm playing a certain team. If I had 20,000 Forest fans calling me all sorts of names then I'd be more fired up. 

I would hope Vardy and any other lads don't need any firing up for this game. They should all be winning their 50 50s and not leaving the pitch with an ounce of energy. 

Yeah that's all well and good but playing against a team you hated all your life should help you raise your game. 

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I know this has been asked before but I can’t remember the answer. If Manchester United win the europa league, also finishing 4th and we finish 5th, does that add a champions league place lower down or not?

No

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Why not? Genuinely asking.

England get 4 slots in the CL.  The exception to the rule is that 5 are allowed if an English club wins the CL or Europa AND they finish outside the top 4.

A nightmare situation that won't happen this year is that English clubs win the CL AND the Europa AND they both finish outside the top 4.  In that case 4th place league finisher would miss out on CL.  There would still be a maximum of 5 English teams

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Wilder on Vardy, proving yet again why he is the most likeable manager of all time...

There are 3 elite managers in the Prem, Pep, Klopp, and Chris Wilder. The way he's got Sheffield United playing is phenomenal, give him any top 6 club and he would be challenging for the CL in 2-3 years although i hope he stays at United, will be interesting to see how far he can take them.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

There are 3 elite managers in the Prem, Pep, Klopp, and Chris Wilder. The way he's got Sheffield United playing is phenomenal, give him any top 6 club and he would be challenging for the CL in 2-3 years although i hope he stays at United, will be interesting to see how far he can take them.

He's done a fantastic job and deserves Manager of the year. However it's next season when his problems will begin to emerge. With players looking for new Contracts and who is paid the most etc. Plus the bigger Clubs raiding there squad.

Though they are all about the sum of the parts rather than any individuals. They are certainly easy on the Eye. 

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's done a fantastic job and deserves Manager of the year. However it's next season when his problems will begin to emerge. With players looking for new Contracts and who is paid the most etc. Plus the bigger Clubs raiding there squad.

Though they are all about the sum of the parts rather than any individuals. They are certainly easy on the Eye. 

The thing about that Sheffield United team is that apart from Berge and maybe osborn there's no one to raid, theyre all 28+ year old players that were playing league 1 a few years ago. Even if all their players were bought Wilder knows exactly what kinds of players he wants, unlike some managers, and would probably use that money to upgrade instead of fall off. The only difference between this sheffield united team and Klopp's liverpool is that Liverpool have better players, Wilder is their main asset and as long as he stays that club is only going up.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Seems quality, but you also see plenty of managers do brilliantly at one club then try to make the step up to a bigger club or whatever it just doesn’t work out for whatever reason. I’m always reluctant to believe the hype around new managers until they’re tried and tested at more than one club and for more than one season. 

Eddie Howe, for example, been spoke about for years, but personally wouldn't touch him. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

Absolutely love Wilder, he's been a success everywhere he's managed in one way or another, not many can say that.

It'll be interesting to see what his next moves are. Sheff Utd is his club, but I hope he either continues to develop them into a top 6 side and stays there for as long as possible, or, spots signs of decline and makes a move up a level.

The worst thing would be letting things go stale like Eddie Howe has.

I think Wilder would struggle to move to another club ..... but I do hope there's someone at the FA having a word in his ear about taking southgates job if we have a crappy Euros.

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Seems quality, but you also see plenty of managers do brilliantly at one club then try to make the step up to a bigger club or whatever it just doesn’t work out for whatever reason. I’m always reluctant to believe the hype around new managers until they’re tried and tested at more than one club and for more than one season. 

Eddie Howe, for example, been spoke about for years, but personally wouldn't touch him. 

Fair, for me Wilder is the first non established manager ive bought into the hype for, brilliant man manager, got his players playing at 110%, tactically inovative, knows exactly what he wants from his team and even if he wins if he doesnt see something he likes he will see past the result and try and improve it. Never bought into the hype for Howe, that Bournemouth side never had much fight in it and Howe let players go missing for long periods of time based on past success such as Fraser last season whereas Wilder is very happy to drop his best players when they arent putting in the effort.

50 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What about Greg Dyche smaller budget smaller town smaller   attendances when applicable and beat us which was more than Wilder could do  until possiblly tonight   Wider 1 season Dyche 6 or more 

3 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

What about Greg Dyche smaller budget smaller town smaller   attendances when applicable and beat us which was more than Wilder could do  until possiblly tonight   Wider 1 season Dyche 6 or more 

Respect Dyche highly as a manager but his brand of football has a ceiling for me. As i said earlier Wilder's tactics are good enough to win the CL with as long as he's got quality players who will work for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

who in the blue hell is that ?

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Respect Dyche highly as a manager but his brand of football has a ceiling for me. As i said earlier Wilder's tactics are good enough to win the CL with as long as he's got quality players who will work for him.

Maybe - or maybe it’ll be like every other new brand of one season wonder success tactic... it’ll get worked out next year and not nearly be so successful.

Wilder is the sort of manager who’d be touted for all the big jobs if he was German.

But because he says he likes going to the pub people overlook the fact that he’s consistent with a style of play that works. If only we had a manager that was like that.

• Haha 1