Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hopefully someone has confiscated Brendan's tactical / substitution raffle machine.

Hopefully they’ve hidden his Covid passport. That’ll stop him ‘tinkering’. Brendon the Tinker King. Roles off the tongue, no? X

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Maybe - or maybe it’ll be like every other new brand of one season wonder success tactic... it’ll get worked out next year and not nearly be so successful.

We'll see, Wilder has shown himself to be tactically flexible in the past like him switching to a 352 this year which allows him to get late runners into the box while also having strength in the midfield, compared to last year where he played 3412 where a more advanced midfielder allowed him to keep sustained pressure on weaker teams and break them down. Also he created an entirely new tactic in overlapping centre backs, the only managers who come up with new ideas in football have a very good understanding of the game unlike most other managers who learn their tactics out of a book written by other people, so i cant really see him being tactically outsmarted by most managers.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We'll see, Wilder has shown himself to be tactically flexible in the past like him switching to a 352 this year which allows him to get late runners into the box while also having strength in the midfield, compared to last year where he played 3412 where a more advanced midfielder allowed him to keep sustained pressure on weaker teams and break them down. Also he created an entirely new tactic in overlapping centre backs, the only managers who come up with new ideas in football have a very good understanding of the game unlike most other managers who learn their tactics out of a book written by other people, so i cant really see him being tactically outsmarted by most managers.

Sure. But it only takes one team to play in a certain way, work out the Achilles Heel of the system and boom - everybody then does it against you. Not taking anything away from Wilder though - he deserves recognition.

Huge ask for Thomas to play his first ever senior game at any level (outside of the FL Trophy) in a must win game for Champions League qualification, especially against these.

If true, best of luck to the lad. Immensely proud thing for the club to have another academy graduate in the Premier League, and a local boy too.

10 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

Been told we’re a 3-4-2-1 tonight. Different source to usual so unsure the reliability but not too sure how pleased I’d be with us trying to match. Thomas LWB. 

I'm being thick. Who is Thomas? 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I'm being thick. Who is Thomas? 

Luke Thomas - 19yo LB whos been training with the first team lately. Highly rated, but not sure why we'd be so keen to chuck him in for a big game like this, especially as the CBs next to him won't be the usual pairing...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Luke Thomas - 19yo LB whos been training with the first team lately. Highly rated, but not sure why we'd be so keen to chuck him in for a big game like this, especially as the CBs next to him won't be the usual pairing...

Evans and Morgan?

Bonus game! I’ve already given up, as have many so it’s up to the lads to get the fans believing again. 

If we we are missing out let’s do it with a bit of fight 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

I guess who else plays LWB? Fuchs clearly didn’t have the legs, Albrighton out so JJ has to play on the right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Evans and Morgan?

Exactly - we've set up with Soyuncu on the left all season, so Morgan will be even rustier than usual and whilst his leadership skills are without question, there's a lot of pressure on Thomas as Wes won't be as mobile to recover any mistakes unlike Soyuncu.

Maybe it wont be as risky with a 3atb formation as he wont have to focus as much on the defensive side.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well, Fuchs was alarmingly poor the other day in the second half, and Albrighton isn't a full back.... So needs must I imagine. 

• Like 1

Just now, SmuelMartin said:

I guess who else plays LWB? Fuchs clearly didn’t have the legs, Albrighton out so JJ has to play on the right. 

I've not fully read the thread so may have missed confirmation either way, but is Chilwell not fit enough to start? I know he's been pictured in full training, at least...

Rotten luck really how many injuries we've got to all our wide defensive players, though.

Just now, Xen said:

I've not fully read the thread so may have missed confirmation either way, but is Chilwell not fit enough to start? I know he's been pictured in full training, at least...

Rotten luck really how many injuries we've got to all our wide defensive players, though.

No idea mate tbf, just the team I’ve been told does not have him in it. 

• Like 1

Of course I'm going to watch it but must admit I'm not looking forward to it at all ...   I just know that afterwards I'm going to be so bloody miserable ...   :(

Mind you I should be getting used to it by now ....