Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

Albrighton was on club media duty yesterday, I would be surprised if they chucked a player in front of the press who isn't actually fit for the game.

If Chilwell is back in training then don't bother risking him for tomorrow, play Fuchs then play Chilwell against Spurs where we'll need his pace against Lucas.

• Like 2

Biggest game since Atletico in 2016, Watford 2013 away playoff semi and numerous playoff finals in the 90s. Most of which we lost 🙂. Let’s hope our lads have the stomach for it and we win. Draw not enough in my opinion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve never seen anything to think he has the positional sense - my gut is that he will drop too deep and play opposition onside 

lunacy in a game of this importance to play him in such a key position. Queue another penalty? 

13 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Albrighton was on club media duty yesterday, I would be surprised if they chucked a player in front of the press who isn't actually fit for the game.

If Chilwell is back in training then don't bother risking him for tomorrow, play Fuchs then play Chilwell against Spurs where we'll need his pace against Lucas.

It was quite a common theme a season back for someone who wasn’t playing to do the pre match Interviews ...... someone will know if this has carried on this campaign .....my son and I used to joke about it when the radio or sky played the interview pre game and then didn’t start ! 

14 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Biggest game since Atletico in 2016, Watford 2013 away playoff semi and numerous playoff finals in the 90s. Most of which we lost 🙂. Let’s hope our lads have the stomach for it and we win. Draw not enough in my opinion. 

Biggest game since Sunday.

That went well.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Atletico was 2017 and we won 2 playoff finals in 90s and lost 2. Sorry but I couldn’t not correct that :D

Its a truly massive game for us, and then the next two will be even bigger if we are still in the running.

Squeeky bum time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

this time there’s no more parachutes left. Lose or draw and our Champions League is virtually done for. 

Not necessarily. Even if we lose, as long as we win our next two we are guaranteed CL football (barring a massive swing in GD). Key in all of this is we can't lose to united. 

Guest Fktf
2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Played there before and I think he does every now and then for Nigeria.

Honestly though I can see us with a back 4 tomorrow Bennett and Evans. Experienced heads to deal with McBurnie and who ever partners him.

Don't see why we're all worried about the cb issue for sheff united. They're hardly the blessed with pace through the middle. Wes would probably deal with mcburnie better than anyone in our squad. Fully expect to see him and Evans for this game. 

5 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I would only play chilly if he will take it to the byeline... how long since we saw him do that? But when clubs sit back that is the way .. then cross low and quick  or pull it back for an incoming midfielder 

Said it before, I want to see him attack the full back when he gets to the corner of the opposition box, then cross or try and win a pen, rather than stopping, playing back or sideways and we lose momentum.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It was quite a common theme a season back for someone who wasn’t playing to do the pre match Interviews ...... someone will know if this has carried on this campaign .....my son and I used to joke about it when the radio or sky played the interview pre game and then didn’t start ! 

Quite often these player interviews are set up for rights holders some way in advance (they're called PL content sessions) so it doesn't necessarily mean he's fit for Sheff U.

• Like 1

I'll be absolutely astounded if we even score, nevermind win. I can only see one result and that is us rolling over. We are missing 3 key players now, and we can't function. 

All we can hope is that the squad has done some soul searching after that disaster on Sunday and we come out fighting.

4 hours ago, taiwo850629 said:

5-3-2. Schmeichel, Evans, Bennett, Justin, Fuchs, Ndidi, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes, iheanacho, Vardy. (Provided Maddison, Ricardo, and Chilwell are still injured). What do you guys think?

We need to be up for a fight, Perez wouldn't be much use in a playground fight let alone a very decent Sheffield side, so keep him well away from the team.

6 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Pray that Brendan can find 3 midfielders to join Ndidi who won't suck.

20 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

This is it. We need a big reaction...this game is like a cup final for us now.... oh, and to get players round the back .

I’m actually dreading this. After Sunday you would think we would come out all guns blazing but when we’ve been humiliated before, this season, we just go further into our shells for a few games - we don’t have time for that. A shithouse win will do, just to get a bit of confidence back. 

• Like 1