Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Caglar Soyuncu has apologised

3 hours ago, Bryn said:

I'm happy to move on from this but I think what he did was ****ing disgusting, I have absolutely no time for that kind of aggression.

You're going on like he's assaulted someone in the street. He quickly in the spur of the moment whilst being blocked off the ball, kicked out. Come on

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 2

Was anyone else there when Matty Fryatt did the same thing away at Norwich, right after scoring his second to get us back in the game? Paulo Sousa's last game before getting the sack, and a result that left us rooted to the bottom of the Championship... now THAT was a low point.

Norwich 4 - 3 Leicester City - Match Report

We've been through worse lads. I can't see us keeping top 4 in a million years, but would be delighted for the lads to prove me wrong after the slimmest of lifelines from the Saints today.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There is a point here and that is these two would have seen red several times a season with var ...... but then again, they wouldn’t get away with it so they probably would have had the sense not to do it !!!,

Yep we would be much lower on fair play table for sure. :)

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

He was shoved into the goal right after conceding.

What he did was wrong, but understandable.

I don't think he owes anyone an  apology.

I know. I'm surprised Wilson hasn't been criticised for his lack of class there. 

As you and someone else pointed out, Soyuncu was wrong but Wilson was essentially rewarded for dishonest behaviour.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

You're going on like he's assaulted someone in the street. He quickly in the spur of the moment whilst being blocked off the ball, kicked out. Come on

The **** are you on about, if you bumped into him on the street and he hacked your leg out from under you you'd be alright with that would you?

16 minutes ago, Bryn said:

The **** are you on about, if you bumped into him on the street and he hacked your leg out from under you you'd be alright with that would you?

It wasn’t in the street. Context does matter in law. Yes you can argue cases re muster etc. But  in this case. Context. 

It was a crazy thing to do, and the apology is accepted by me. Please don't try to tell me it shows passion or that he somehow cares more - that's nonsense. Anger and frustration, absolutely, but getting yourself sent off for losing your temper shows loss of temper, not some noble commitment to the cause.

That's not to say I don't understand him lashing out, of course - I really do. It's just entirely counter-productive. 

On 14/07/2020 at 18:46, Bryn said:

Well if i went and pushed someone in the street they probably would kick me?

On 14/07/2020 at 00:17, Kendal Fox said:

I know. I'm surprised Wilson hasn't been criticised for his lack of class there. 

As you and someone else pointed out, Soyuncu was wrong but Wilson was essentially rewarded for dishonest behaviour.

They all do this though, there are scuffles after every goal when one team needs to get restarted quickly and the other needs to delay it as long as possible. I mean it’s pathetic as there’s a million and one ways to delay the restart of the game without going near the ball especially in their situation but they are all at it.

What you can’t do is starting kicking people on the ground and it’s pretty indefensible and the handbags before are irrelevant. Very little point digging into Wilson I mean what exactly are you expecting to see in terms of a reprimand?

It is a shame as he’s been generally fantastic across most of the season. 

Sheffield United was encouraging but a lack of pace at the back was horribly exposed today and we’ve got Martial and Rashord to contend with next 😂 and we’ve got to buy Ryan ****ing Bennet as well. Hopefully that’s a one year deal. Still, not over until it’s over.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They all do this though, there are scuffles after every goal when one team needs to get restarted quickly and the other needs to delay it as long as possible. I mean it’s pathetic as there’s a million and one ways to delay the restart of the game without going near the ball especially in their situation but they are all at it.

What you can’t do is starting kicking people on the ground and it’s pretty indefensible and the handbags before are irrelevant. Very little point digging into Wilson I mean what exactly are you expecting to see in terms of a reprimand?

It is a shame as he’s been generally fantastic across most of the season. 

Sheffield United was encouraging but a lack of pace at the back was horribly exposed today and we’ve got Martial and Rashord to contend with next 😂 and we’ve got to buy Ryan ****ing Bennet as well. Hopefully that’s a one year deal. Still, not over until it’s over.

I don't think we do. I am pretty certain he has to start 5 games, not play in 5, in which case, he has only started 3.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't think we do. I am pretty certain he has to start 5 games, not play in 5, in which case, he has only started 3.

Yeah others have said the same thing in other threads. Thank Christ, hopefully that’s accurate.

Lack of pace in defence was a problem against Spurs.  This was party a knock-on effect of Soyuncu's indiscipline.

Lack of pace in defence against Man U could be a problem.

With 11 players, coming back from 2-1 against Bournemouth was possible .

Soyuncu's red card has cost between 0 and 9 points.

He has been brilliant all season but a moment I discipline may have been very costly.  Our lack of cover at centre back is another issue.  

I am not into slagging off our players.  I will be right behind Soyuncu next season.  I hope as the squad matures, there is greater realisation  that all moments are potentially important.