Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

Make it happen, Rudkin. 

B7639EBF-1A7D-4662-97B8-2A35396082DF.jpeg

Would absolutely love to see him in a Leicester shirt. A front 3 of Saint Maximin, Vardy and Barnes would be seriously pacy! How much do people reckon it would cost to get him, though? Not sure how long a contract he is on but he only joined them last summer. Would be great if he had a release clause like Perez! Or perhaps we could offer a swap deal - they get Perez back plus some cash and we get Saint Maximin?!

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Would absolutely love to see him in a Leicester shirt. A front 3 of Saint Maximin, Vardy and Barnes would be seriously pacy! How much do people reckon it would cost to get him, though? Not sure how long a contract he is on but he only joined them last summer. Would be great if he had a release clause like Perez! Or perhaps we could offer a swap deal - they get Perez back plus some cash and we get Saint Maximin?!

Not much in it? I mean I have hardly seen him play this season so I’m just going off the stats. 

135B2D71-428C-4609-8D46-47752D371D6A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Not much in it? I mean I have hardly seen him play this season so I’m just going off the stats. 

As usual some will look at the odd performance and think that they are better than what we got. It isn’t close, goal involvement is 12-7... 

6 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

One played in an attacking team that was in the top 4 for 95% of the season. The other played in a defensive, struggling team that generally had around 35% possession. Not really a fair comparison. Football is also about entertainment and Saint Maximin is just so much fun to watch. Also stats are not everything. Matt Doherty had more goal involvements than Ricardo last season - are you saying you'd rather have him in our team on that basis?

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

As usual some will look at the odd performance and think that they are better than what we got. It isn’t close, goal involvement is 12-7... 

Cool. Now do key passes per game, successful take-ons per game, fouls drawn per game...

And three of Ayoze’s goals were from a complete write-off of a game.

Edited by The_77

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Cool. Now do key passes per game, successful take-ons per game, fouls drawn per game...

Don’t really need to... goals and assists are key figures... just another Zaha way overhyped in an average team because the rest are useless. He would add depth to our team but struggle to see how he gets in the 11 regularly. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t really need to... goals and assists are key figures... just another Zaha way overhyped in an average team because the rest are useless 

Lol ok. Guess it’s time to disband LCFC’s scouring department. 

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

This forum is definitely an echo chamber.

There's a group of around 15-20 posters that are the type of grown men who say things "Spuds" or "Manc Poo". They obsessively use the new rep feature and their new favourite is the passive aggressive laughing face response now that the passive aggressive confused face got removed.

They heard that Congerton didn't have much success wherever else he's been and will blame all bad signings on him while refusing to give him praise for good signings.

Called it. Think you need to dry your eyes and get on with it tbh mate, its a few pixels on a webpage, it's really not that deep.

On 19/04/2020 at 13:02, ealingfox said:

Aye, it was a useful tool.

Still doesn't make it right - might as well get rid of all the emojis if that's how it is. How long before the same people are crying again because they think the Haha emoji is being used to be mean to them?

Btw do you think Congerton came here from Mars or something? There's no 'heard' about it, he's been working at clubs for the last 15 years and what happened at them is a matter of public record. If you think the Head of Senior Recruitment at Leicester shouldn't be held accountable for the recruitment of senior players well that's fine, but it's hardly an extreme point of view if people do think that.

I don't think anyone will seriously not be prepared to give praise where it's due. If we dig out some great signings over the next couple of windows then great, but we're now in a position where we kinda need more hits than misses, and if January is anything to go by I wouldn't hold your breath.

4 hours ago, Hammo said:

One of the most mercurial talents I have ever seen in a City shirt - wonderful one week, woeful the next - so there is no clear evidence that this will be the case.

The hope is that because he is still young he will learn and improve the weaker parts of his game (particularly his finishing).

Your words are duly marked!

Mark me Hammo, Mark with that sharpie good and proper. 

Yes he need to give his finishing boots some TLC, but when he does, god help the pants of those full backs...

I said to my peers last summer that Cags was the Turkish Puyol. 

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

One played in an attacking team that was in the top 4 for 95% of the season. The other played in a defensive, struggling team that generally had around 35% possession. Not really a fair comparison. Football is also about entertainment and Saint Maximin is just so much fun to watch. Also stats are not everything. Matt Doherty had more goal involvements than Ricardo last season - are you saying you'd rather have him in our team on that basis?

Literally the opposite of what I said mate. I said I’ve not seen him play so just going off stats. Just wanted to know more about how he plays. I know what team he played in but Perez also played for the exact team and was their top goalscorer, doesn’t mean maximin comes in and plays the exact same for us. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well, just seen it before... I would rather go for Cantwell to be honest 

Can’t argue with that :)

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek about ASM. I love the guy but don’t see that happening. 

But, c’mon, the marketing opportunities for King Power and Gucci could be a gold mine 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I've watched every Newcastle game this season and those stats don't do him justice. The guy is seriously talented. He brings excitement to Newcastle and that's what football is all about. He often is the spark that gets them going. He would be my number one realistic signing.

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I've watched every Newcastle game this season and those stats don't do him justice. The guy is seriously talented. He brings excitement to Newcastle and that's what football is all about. He often is the spark that gets them going. He would be my number one realistic signing.

That is exactly what Perez did when at Newcastle, he hasn’t been bad for us but let’s face it they have a pretty terrible team in general so he is another that stands out. Like I said would add depth and certainly give strength but honestly I don’t think he is that much better than what we have... or Cantwell.

there is a difference when in a team fighting to stay in, then one that looks to be top six. He will cost a lot and we still aren’t sure whether he is ready for that serious step up 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

That is exactly what Perez did when at Newcastle, he hasn’t been bad for us but let’s face it they have a pretty terrible team and general so he is another that stands out. Like I said would add depth and certainly give strength but honestly I don’t think he is that much better than what we have... or Cantwell 

Perez wasn't really the same for me he would be sensational every 6th or 7th game and be missing for the rest when at Newcastle. Saint-Maximin is an exciting handful every game he plays, certainly in the second half of the season. He terrifies defenders because he takes them on with pace and outrageous skill moves and that's something we miss. Having him on the pitch would draw defenders and create way more room for vardy and barnes. 

14 minutes ago, The_77 said:

And three of Ayoze’s goals were from a complete write-off of a game.

Doesn’t matter how he got them it’s still a hat trick. Fair comment on the key passes and that don’t know much about the guy but people on here seem pretty keen on him so why not give him a go. Just hope we don’t spend that much for him to potentially be a disappointment. Hopefully we can be the club to bring more end product out of him. 

• Like 1

Just now, goody2028 said:

Doesn’t matter how he got them it’s still a hat trick. Fair comment on the key passes and that don’t know much about the guy but people on here seem pretty keen on him so why not give him a go. Just hope we don’t spend that much for him to potentially be a disappointment. Hopefully we can be the club to bring more end product out of him. 

Perez has excellent tackling stats for an attacker which complements Vardy well too 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Perez wasn't really the same for me he would be sensational every 6th or 7th game and be missing for the rest when at Newcastle. Saint-Maximin is an exciting handful every game he plays, certainly in the second half of the season. He terrifies defenders because he takes them on with pace and outrageous skill moves and that's something we miss. Having him on the pitch would draw defenders and create way more room for vardy and barnes. 

Sounds like another Zaha or even that traore at wolves for me... just a player that will cost a bomb and not deliver. Cantwell is my pick, and feel he would slot in nicely. He does have genuine ability 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sounds like another Zaha or even that traore at wolves for me... just a player that will cost a bomb and not deliver. Cantwell is my pick, and feel he would slot in nicely. He does have genuine ability 

I'm not sure you can say Zaha and Traore haven't delivered. I think they can be overhyped but they are good player. For the record I think Zaha is past his peak Saint-Maximin is still only 23 as well with only one season in the premier league.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

I like Ayoze Perez. Not the greatest player but a decent player who is very stylish and intelligent.

Links play up really well, especially with Ricardo the 2 complement each other with one being further inside. Shows great technical dribbling too.

• Like 1