Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Agree Brighton are a good Team to have in the EPL.  Not sorry to see Bournemouth go and I doubt they will be back any time soon.   Norwich will be back.  Watford are a basket case of a Club. Still think they may sneak it tomorrow.  Aston Villa’s recruitment policy is straight out of Sven’s Leicester Model. If they go down, they are going to be in a mess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Man u getting all the media about this 4th spot, its like we don’t even come into the fold, Solskjaer this Solskjaer that! Cant believe he’s even the manager of Manchester utd tbf!  Lets upset the apple cart

Even if we win tomorrow the post match fall out will be all about Manchester United. About Ole, Pogba, Maguire etc. We're just gonna be a small footnote which to be honest I'm OK with. 

If United win, the post match will still be about them. 

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Even if we win tomorrow the post match fall out will be all about Manchester United. About Ole, Pogba, Maguire etc. We're just gonna be a small footnote which to be honest I'm OK with. 

If United win, the post match will still be about them. 

If we win that’s absolutely fine by me

• Like 4

I think Lallana's family are on the south coast too. 

Sounds like the ideal deal all round.

I'd still like to think we'd offer players a longer deal than they are worth if it means beating someone to a player that will strengthen your team straight away. Within reason obviously. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It’s about getting the right mix, usually players 28+ don’t represent good value but when you can sign a player like Evans for £3.5m (lol) we’d be daft not to

Vardy is a freak. Makes more sense to me to have older players in positions that don't involve quite as much running CB, possibly DM and goal for the type of system we play.

Evans is a perfect example. Think this club given its finances has to be very careful about where we spend the money. And we really need some speed to produce width.

Lallana is only 32 easily has 3 years in him. We need a squad next season he could have been a useful addition with European experience.

Look at how signings like Wasilewski, Phillips and Huth even Gary Taylor Fletcher or Dean Hammond came in and brought their experience to bear on our squad.

You can also look at Cambiasso (obviously a class above) then there are players like Upson and Schwarzer who didn't play much but their influence was well documented. It seems to me we've missed out on a chance to add depth and experience to our squad on the cheap.

Edited by Captain...

Just now, 420Hashish said:

Looks like Aston Villa are still up. 

Thank God Bournemouth are gone tho. Nothing personal, except for the fact they cost us our CL spot 

We cost ourselves.

• Like 1

My worry next season is how disjointed we are going to be. Ricardo & Fuchs are still going to be injured and have no pre season, Evans is going to miss the first 3 games, Chillwell & Maddison will they have a pre season and be ready? We need to get off to next season with a flyer and not allow this awful form and negativity to roll over. It’s going to be a tough market so I can’t see us bringing in many additions either! 

@The Bear Im curious to know how you feel about your season? I see a lot of Wolves fans on twitter who are unhappy that you finished 7th and that you allowed Spurs to overtake you. 

From the outside you've had a very good season. 7th in the league and Europa League quarter finals. 

Ourselves and Wolves are similar in many ways, we've been on journeys down the leagues and back up into Europe.

We both know opportunities don't come around too often to really make a mark.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

To finish top 7 two seasons in a row straight after being promoted is still bloody good. And the Europa League knockout stages still to come on top of that. 

We had a couple of late goals against Sheff Utd and Burnley recently which killed our chances, and that's unlike us. That said our PPG for the restart is 1.78 which is still pretty good (5 wins and 1 draw from 9). 

The complaining is because we had a good chance of going for CL and just fell short. You can't say we haven't had another great season though. Who knows we may still win the EL yet and have CL football any way. Or if Chelsea win the Cup we get EL.

No complaints from me. 

I think you guys are genuine contenders to win the Europa.

Yourselves, Inter, United, Sevilla/Roma to reach the semi’s for me. Then it’s anyone’s game. 

You’ve had another good season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Bear said:

To finish top 7 two seasons in a row straight after being promoted is still bloody good. And the Europa League knockout stages still to come on top of that. 

We had a couple of late goals against Sheff Utd and Burnley recently which killed our chances, and that's unlike us. That said our PPG for the restart is 1.78 which is still pretty good (5 wins and 1 draw from 9). 

The complaining is because we had a good chance of going for CL and just fell short. You can't say we haven't had another great season though. Who knows we may still win the EL yet and have CL football any way. Or if Chelsea win the Cup we get EL.

No complaints from me. 

You're a decent level headed bloke @The Bear.

I don't enjoy your style of play, and I don't much like your pragmatic manager. And I'll admit to having no love for Wolves. but I do respect you, in 2020 Leicester and Wolves are both very similar in lots of ways.

Congratulations for a good season despite having to play a million games 👍

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

Cheers. I'm perfectly happy to hear other opinions, it doesn't bother me at all, even the really negative ones. We all get quite biased towards our own team at times and it's always interesting to see other fans perceptions and why they feel that way. 

• Like 1

Next season for us really depends on transfer dealings to be honest.

If we don't strengthen sufficiently in improving the first eleven or at least bringing players in who can add competition, then I can only see us upper mid table at best. We look so poor of options on the bench and our current attacking play seems to have been found out somewhat, making us easy to play against. 

The top four will no doubt spend big money on their squads, and I can't see Arsenal or Spurs being as poor as they have been in parts this season. Wolves and Everton I'd have up there too, meaning all I could see is 7th at best.

Offer me top half now and I'd take it though

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Cheers. I'm perfectly happy to hear other opinions, it doesn't bother me at all, even the really negative ones. We all get quite biased towards our own team at times and it's always interesting to see other fans perceptions and why they feel that way. 

I for one welcome other fans on here if they have anything interesting to add. Your okay!

ive been on the molineax site occasionally too for a chat. So I’m curious - do you think wolves can keep hold of jimenez , jota, nevez, Neto and Traore?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

My worry next season is how disjointed we are going to be. Ricardo & Fuchs are still going to be injured and have no pre season, Evans is going to miss the first 3 games, Chillwell & Maddison will they have a pre season and be ready? We need to get off to next season with a flyer and not allow this awful form and negativity to roll over. It’s going to be a tough market so I can’t see us bringing in many additions either! 

Calling it now, Benkovic is going to come in and comfortably deputies for Evans.

My concern currently is not whether we're in the Europa League it champions League, the biggest thing is how the league is going to go given our form in 2020. Does Rodgers recognise our problems? I think he does to a point, he has said from day 1 how crucial your wide players are and the need for goals from elsewhere but will be able to change that? He also needs to recognise his own mistakes. 

We need a good start to remove any hangovers from this. 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 17:35, Leicester_Loyal said:

Realistically I think we'll be about 8th or 9th with a good spell in the EL too.

If this happens, I think most of us will take it. Given the shorter season, the fixture congestion is going to be tough for a team of our size whilst balancing Europe too

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

So I’m curious - do you think wolves can keep hold of jimenez , jota, nevez, Neto and Traore?

I do yes for a couple of reasons.

The players love it here. There's a real family atmosphere within our squad. They all live locally within the city rather than outside and commute in. They all hang out together as families, they visit the same local restaurant for meals in groups and they know they won't be bothered. All their kids go to school locally. Having a large Portugese contingent really helps those players, but no-one is excluded from the group no matter what their nationality. So ultimately they feel very comfortable at Wolves and they've built a life for their families here. 

Secondly, they all buy in to the "project" when they sign, which sounds corny. The club has an unofficial "no dickheads" rule (that's a direct quote from the guy who was our director of recruitment until recently). They all know that the owners and manager are aiming high, and that they'll be rewarded for their loyalty. Its no coincidence that very few of our players are linked with moves away. Mendes' guidance behind the scenes helps with that, but not all of them are his players. The likes of Jimenez and Traore are linked away, but that is inevitable after the season they've both had. 

I mean, ultimately no-one is going to stay forever, I'm not that naive. Players will move on, but I think most of them are very happy at Wolves. For now any way. 

• Like 2