Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Clueless? Just because you don't hear anything in the press about transfers? 

You have absolutely no idea what goes on at the club even if it's a bit quiet. 

Absolute misery. 

Lot of people saying this because they heard on Foxestalk that Congerton is an idiot, despite not having a clue what’s going on at the club nor even what he looks like.

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They heard that Congerton didn't have much success wherever else he's been and will blame all bad signings on him while refusing to give him praise for good signings.

This is ironic given most of our signings that got us to where we are now had been players whom hadn't had much success in the past. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Clueless? Just because you don't hear anything in the press about transfers? 

You have absolutely no idea what goes on at the club even if it's a bit quiet. 

Absolute misery. 

What? You can really pretend our business in the past window was particularly effective. Well I suppose the 'Absolute Happy Clappers' can as we 'achieved our objectives'. 

They need to be acting quickly now. I dont care if we 'know about them' just get in done, there isnt enough time before next season begins to be posing around like we usually do. The last time we had an effective transfer window was under Claude Puel. The best one we ever had was before Pearson was sacked.

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What? You can really pretend our business in the past window was particularly effective. Well I suppose the 'Absolute Happy Clappers' can as we 'achieved our objectives'. 

They need to be acting quickly now. I dont care if we 'know about them' just get in done, there isnt enough time before next season begins to be posing around like we usually do. The last time we had an effective transfer window was under Claude Puel. The best one we ever had was before Pearson was sacked.

Okay. But you make it sound like nothing is being done just because you've not heard about it. You have absolutely no idea. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

This forum is definitely an echo chamber.

There's a group of around 15-20 posters that are the type of grown men who say things "Spuds" or "Manc Poo". They obsessively use the new rep feature and their new favourite is the passive aggressive laughing face response now that the passive aggressive confused face got removed.

They heard that Congerton didn't have much success wherever else he's been and will blame all bad signings on him while refusing to give him praise for good signings.

Funny because its seems most of the 'passive aggressiveness' comes from the self righteous, and the self righteous 'click group' which appears to exist and back patting amongst certain individuals, who go around liking and praising each others self righteousness. They tend to create the echo chamber and shout down and childlike labelling of anyone who doesnt jump behind their way of thinking. 

It seems some people just wont accept people have different views, which really is the whole point of a forum.

If people want to call Spurs, spuds, and United, manc poo, that's really up to them. It's a free country, at present we dont have the righteous judgement police in place.

Anyways....So which good players has Congerton brought in we should praise him for?

To be honest at this stage I'd take him actually identifying and bringing in some players.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Okay. But you make it sound like nothing is being done just because you've not heard about it. You have absolutely no idea. 

I dont but other clubs are clearly doing things, good players are being brought, we appear to be potentially missing out. That certainly gives the impression we arent doing much.

This close season is very short, we need new faces. I hope they are doing business and release some news soon as the new season is just over a month away. 

I think the January business and to an extent last summer, was quite concerning. Puel brought in Tielmans, we got Justin, who is ok, Perez is ok and Bennett the less said about that the better!

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Absolute steal to be honest when Maguire went for 80m. Reduces Chilwells value a bit though.

Not really, Bournemouth aren't in a position financially or in footballing terms to tell players they can't leave to Man City. We are in a stronger position to do so. 

Also Are has been part of one of the worst defences the league for the last few seasons, it's a risky buy for me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Absolute steal to be honest when Maguire went for 80m. Reduces Chilwells value a bit though.

Not sure it does. We haven't been relegated so are not desperate to sell like Bournemouth. Plus Chilwell is English so carries a premium for that reason and is a first choice international which I don't think Aké is. Chilwell is also on a long term contract. 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is interesting that you've responded to @AKCJ about this, because he sometimes says stuff I agree with (such as here) but he also spends lots of time saying stuff that makes me want to tear my hair out. Likewise @Matt, likewise @StanSP, likewise @Nick, likewise even you. There is no self-righteous click - anyone capable of giving a decent argument, and of showing they can hear an opposing view gets my attention. You've been criticised here because you've asserted a position with no basis - that's all. I resisted saying basically what Stan said, but it did occur to me. As for passive aggression, well, without giving you my life-story, I know plenty on the subject.

'It's a free country' - sorry, that's a meaningless trope, used as an excuse, much like the awful 'telling it like it is', which is also an excuse for saying awful things. But given you've used it, we are exercising our rights in a free country to say we didn't think much of what you said.

That's fine, I am not asking anyone to agree with me. I gave reason for my position afterwards when questioned. The facts are quite clear too IMO in support, we have done no business, our transfer business in January was tragic and our business last summer underwhelming, other clubs are doing business. You cant really dress that up in many other ways however you try.

The last part I cant really agree with, if people want to say things that's up to them. I don't have an issue with people disagreeing, it's more the insinuations and underhand labelling that tend to get side swiped into these things I think is unnecessary.

The original reply could have just said I think you are wrong because, instead of making sly digs but what do I know ay? I am a bedwetting absolute misery according to recent posts.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The last part I cant really agree with, if people want to say things that's up to them. I don't have an issue with people disagreeing, it's more the insinuations and underhand labelling that tend to get side swiped into these things I think is unnecessary.

I'll just respond to this, it keeps matter tidier - yes absolutely. And they have to be ready for others to use the same right to say things in response, and deal with it.

As for insinuations and underhand labelling, isn't that what calling people 'a self-righteous passive aggressive click' is?

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Man City getting Ake for £41mill would be a decent buy. Especially considering he was valued at £70mill last summer. But decent buy for Man City, he's a solid player. 

Sky still bringing the photoshopped pictures of small clubs players in big club team's shirts then.

Edited by AKCJ

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I like/rate Ake. £40m though, wow.

If they really do owe multi millions on transfer fees then that's probably half of their debt gone. I'd be very happy with that.

Right and wrong in a football forum are relative. Welcome to the marriage of modern football and physics.:)

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll just respond to this, it keeps matter tidier - yes absolutely. And they have to be ready for others to use the same right to say things in response, and deal with it.

As for insinuations and underhand labelling, isn't that what calling people 'a self-righteous passive aggressive click' is?

That's a perception based on what I am seeing, which I am calling out. It's in response to the things I have been labelled personally directly to my posts.

I have not given any indication who those people might be in the click. I could be wrong but it's my perception. It's more in the hope that people might consider their responses.

As I say I dont mind people saying I am wrong, I am sure I often am (especially in the heat of moments because of caring and wanting lcfc to be a success). People can even change my view if the give a good reason. It doesnt make me any lesser fan or person because people disagree with me, but apparently to some it does. The same kind of stuff filters across to the General Chat area too. 

Can't quite fathom the Ake fee.

£40m + £1m in addons? How did the negotiation go where Man City won't pay £41m outright, but got themselves a mega deal at £40m + £1m in addons.

Edited by martyn

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Would enquire about John stones if I was in charge of the cash at Leicester. 

Yeah. Although I don't see Man City selling him for less than what they paid for him, which is £50m.

A loan with option to buy would be ideal but thats a pipe dream. 

17 minutes ago, martyn said:

Can't quite fathom the Ake fee.

£40m + £1m in addons? How did the negotiation go where Man City won't pay £41m outright, but got themselves a mega deal at £40m + £1m in addons.

Possibly something to do with a re-sale clause in his contract, where Bournemouth will have to pay more to Chelsea if sold over a certain amount or something? Weird how it's only a million in add ons.

• Like 1