Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

41 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

That's a perception based on what I am seeing, which I am calling out. It's in response to the things I have been labelled personally directly to my posts.

I have not given any indication who those people might be in the click. I could be wrong but it's my perception. It's more in the hope that people might consider their responses.

As I say I dont mind people saying I am wrong, I am sure I often am (especially in the heat of moments because of caring and wanting lcfc to be a success). People can even change my view if the give a good reason. It doesnt make me any lesser fan or person because people disagree with me, but apparently to some it does. The same kind of stuff filters across to the General Chat area too. 

Ok. I think, therefore, you have to assume that other people have a perception too, and that's where their insinuations come from. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

58 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sky still bringing the photoshopped pictures of small clubs players in big club team's shirts then.

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They'll never change, this is how they get their big team clicks

I find it so strange though.

Now I see those football twitter people have started doing it too. Seen Grealish in a Man Utd shirt.

Weird.

26 minutes ago, martyn said:

Can't quite fathom the Ake fee.

£40m + £1m in addons? How did the negotiation go where Man City won't pay £41m outright, but got themselves a mega deal at £40m + £1m in addons.

Didn't this happen a couple years back when Arsenal bid for Suarez? Pretty sure they apparently offered Liverpool straight cash plus £1 add on?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I find it so strange though.

Now I see those football twitter people have started doing it too. Seen Grealish in a Man Utd shirt.

Weird.

It's really weird. I think it's related to how Sky pay for the rights to use the players faces etc so take any opportunity possible to use them. They've made it this weird trend that others now copy

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Didn't this happen a couple years back when Arsenal bid for Suarez? Pretty sure they apparently offered Liverpool straight cash plus £1 add on?

Wasn’t it just that they offered £40,000,001 because there was a clause in Suarez’ contract that said they had to accept anything over £40m?

For some reason people found this hilarious and a stick with which to beat Arsenal - it still is today. When in reality they were offering what his contract said he was worth. If something’s priced at £9.01 in a shop I’m not going to offer £10 just so I feel like I’ve paid a normal price.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I agree on this - he gets into so many good positions.

The only thing that lets him down is his first touch before shooting - same with Nacho tbh.

His goal of the season came because he didn't have to take one!

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

lollollollollol

Takeover collapses. Hundreds of weird Newcastle fans get rid of their Saudi flags from their Twitter handles and stop becoming a champion for the Saudi government. What a U-Turn.

Hahahahahahaha.  Golden.

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Tell you one thing. Barnes is going to tear it up next season. Mark my words he is going to click, and it will be biblical. 

One of the most mercurial talents I have ever seen in a City shirt - wonderful one week, woeful the next - so there is no clear evidence that this will be the case.

The hope is that because he is still young he will learn and improve the weaker parts of his game (particularly his finishing).

Your words are duly marked!

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

41m for Ake is a steal considering Maguire went for 80m. I was secretly hoping we would get Ake actually, as he was affordable but you aren't going to beat Man City once they are interested.

Indeed, Chelsea apparently have the right to match the offer and talk to Ake.  Which would be largely pointless.

There’s barely any left footed CBs in the league (seriously low amount). Ake is, the right sort of age for Man City, mobile and decent on the ball. £40m seems pretty much par for the course.

As for Newcastle, hahahahaha lollollol 

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Newcastle will be ****ed now. Ashley going to try and claw back every bit of cash he can.

Apparently he’s coined 17m from the collapsed deal... not that it makes any difference he still won’t pump any money in whilst accepting our 15m offer for lascells 😂

13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Indeed, Chelsea apparently have the right to match the offer and talk to Ake.  Which would be largely pointless.

Doesn’t everyone have the right to match the offer and speak to Ake?