Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Would enquire about John stones if I was in charge of the cash at Leicester. 

Said this to a mate who is a Man City fan. He said the guy's probably kicked his last ball for them and made the jump too soon. 

Put him next to Cags and Evans for a year to learn the ropes and I think he's a good buy for us. Mad to think they paid £50 million for him. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd feel sorry for Newcastle fans if they weren't so deluded and thought they were massive.

It's alright, based on a quick Twitter glance their delusion has already seemed them blame the Premier League for their "corruption" and "links with Qatar."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Said this to a mate who is a Man City fan. He said the guy's probably kicked his last ball for them and made the jump too soon. 

Put him next to Cags and Evans for a year to learn the ropes and I think he's a good buy for us. Mad to think they paid £50 million for him. 

Not sure on this one, would want a wedge, and everytime I see him play, he is very error prone 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Taking away the Leicester focus, I would have been ok with Newcastle being bankrolled, at least the potential spending would have been blatant rather than the subtle rule bending behind other clubs' spending. Also would have broken the sky sports big 6 monopoly a bit more albeit we did it temporarily this season.

Said it many times on here but when Man City got bought out it could easily have been Newcastle as they are in that group of big clubs who are sh it a la Everton and Villa.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

No?

So other clubs can’t match Man City’s offer? 

If they did, and it was accepted. They’d have the right to speak to Ake right? Whether Ake wants to speak to a club (including Chelsea) is his choice? 

I understand that Bournemouth might not accept all equal offers, but why wouldn’t they? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Tell you one thing. Barnes is going to tear it up next season. Mark my words he is going to click, and it will be biblical. 

I hope he spends all summer with his shooting and finishing boots on. He should sleep in them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Taking away the Leicester focus, I would have been ok with Newcastle being bankrolled, at least the potential spending would have been blatant rather than the subtle rule bending behind other clubs' spending. Also would have broken the sky sports big 6 monopoly a bit more albeit we did it temporarily this season.

Said it many times on here but when Man City got bought out it could easily have been Newcastle as they are in that group of big clubs who are sh it a la Everton and Villa.

Imagine if they were bankrolled. Good grief. They're deluded now and haven't won anything since the 50's, aside from two Championship titles. Imagine them winning the PL, they'd think they were as big as Madrid.

47 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Noticeable how many of them slag off Steve Bruce when he's done better with them than their beloved Rafa.

Also noticable the several "that's it, I'm done with football  I'm never watching again" type posts.  lol

This is good news for us. If NUFC had been well backed by the Saudis they might have been a more formidable opopponent. As it is, if they sell rather than buying, they could be in danger next season.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Tell you one thing. Barnes is going to tear it up next season. Mark my words he is going to click, and it will be biblical. 

7 goals and 9 assists in his first full season in the PL.

I am so excited to see him explode next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Newcastle will be ****ed now. Ashley going to try and claw back every bit of cash he can.

There were reports that he's lost interest completely and wants to focus on Sports Direct. I doubt this will encourage him to come back strongly.

Given they finished 13th and weren't particularly great in most areas, I think they are in for a real struggle now.

44 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why not?

**** knows.  Read it on Twitter that Bournemouth under the terms of their contract buying Ake have to allow Chelsea to offer and speak to him.  Perhaps they can offer lower and still speak to him.  I'm sure it won't make any difference.