Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

28 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I went to school near Loughborough. There were a few Forest fans, but way more were Leicester. I'd say it was probably around a 25/75 split between the two, if I was being very generous to Forest, and this is going back a few years. With our success since, and the lack of theirs, I expect it's more even more City now.

I live in Loughborough.  There used to be a few Forest as you say, but if there are any around now, they're keeping very quiet about it - which I suppose is understandable!

• Like 1

anthony taylors performence was awful today

never a red card, denied chelsea a blatant free kick in the last minute. looked like handball by the keeper.

I will be careful with my words but it was more than a odd display.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

“The big six are a myth” 

Despite a collective dreadful season 5/6 finish in the top six and the one that finishes outside wins the FA cup. 😂

Depressing isn't it. Also for me the loss against Villa in the semi-final of the league cup hurts even more after watching that. Even though there was no crowd, getting to a final and winning silverware is what it's all about. Arsenal may have had a poor season in the league, but they finish with a trophy and we don't. I know which of the two I'd prefer!

32 minutes ago, twister said:

anthony taylors performence was awful today

never a red card, denied chelsea a blatant free kick in the last minute. looked like handball by the keeper.

I will be careful with my words but it was more than a odd display.

Not sure how you expect the ref to give that handball ?  And I don’t think VAR is able to get involved as not one of the listed instances ....

Just now, st albans fox said:

Not sure how you expect the ref to give that handball ?  And I don’t think VAR is able to get involved as not one of the listed instances ....

It was odd how the bbc did not event show a replay though

I have come to conclusion at this point that referees in top level football are totally inept and close to being untrustworthy.

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Loughborough is, traditionally, forest isn't it? 

More than a few years ago I was at college there and that was the prevailing team. 

Think it’s more Leicester now by a fair margin, can imagine it was quite evenly split or maybe even more of them in their glory days, be quite easy supporting European Cup winners when they’re down the road.

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'm from Market Harborough and nearly all of mates support LCFC. I can imagine that is the case for Melton Mowbray, Loughborough and Hinckley etc and Leicestershire in general (698'000). People talk of fans just from a city of circa 200'000 (ish) but I can imagine our immediate support base (stadium/games) is a lot higher. Hopefully there are a lot in Nottingham and Derby too!

I do think our catchment area is underrated most Leicestershire towns are majority Leicester supporters, you might get glory supporters but you get them everywhere. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yes said:

I do think our catchment area is underrated most Leicestershire towns are majority Leicester supporters, you might get glory supporters but you get them everywhere. 

Bit of reach into the other counties too. Warwickshire,Northamptonshire etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'm from Market Harborough and nearly all of mates support LCFC. I can imagine that is the case for Melton Mowbray, Loughborough and Hinckley etc and Leicestershire in general (698'000). People talk of fans just from a city of circa 200'000 (ish) but I can imagine our immediate support base (stadium/games) is a lot higher. Hopefully there are a lot in Nottingham and Derby too!

We definitely have great support from the county towns and we also draw in fans from Kettering and certain other towns (possibly even MK). However - we are not one of the big cities in one of the most populated parts of the country like London, North West or West Mids.

Traditionally this would have limited our potential to be one of the largest clubs, but the way the TV revenue has developed and the fact that we now have the potential to generate a huge support base in Thailand works in our favour. We are a fantastic club, with a superb fan base and great owners. I hope we can dine at the top table indefinitely. However, I think we’ll still struggle to be as big as the Big NW and London clubs. 

I am so grateful to have watched us win the league and play such brilliant footy this season. I’m just enjoying the ride and I think we’ve got a good few years ahead!

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Do you know if there is much support round your way?

I see a few fans on the train  from Long Eaton to Leicester most home games but for the Premier League winning season celebrations  they were coming out of the woodwork to go to Victoria Park. Maybe they were Kasabian fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:
Will rock up at Brentford/Fulham when one of them sack their manager mid season.

Probably the right time, their fairy tale ended and at this point it's best for the two to part. Bournemouth need fresh ideas, to re-evaluate what they are and probably rebuild. They went big on wages and neglected development of infrastructure so they should redraw their plans

22 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I see a few fans on the train  from Long Eaton to Leicester most home games but for the Premier League winning season celebrations  they were coming out of the woodwork to go to Victoria Park. Maybe they were Kasabian fans

Thing is until the stadium expands no more Long Eaton foxes are coming :scarf::chant::scarf:

Glad we still have Brendan in charge. I hope he’s learned from last season’s drop off in form after signing his new contract. Councidence? Let’s see what next season brings. I’m not that hopeful of as good a season given the big six appear to have got their act together now. Just grateful we’re not in the championship next season though. 

Edited by oxtonfox
muck