Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Newcastle who some say are a big club are now in serious danger of relegation, how nice that would be.

Still personally think they'll survive.

Like Derby, their future is very much in the air - the fans are been messed around for long enough now to be honest.

Wonder if Mike Ashley is a genuine supporter of the club; he's got enough in the bank and he should left a while ago.

Edited by Wymsey

Fulham v Newcastle on the final day of the season looks tasty, don't think it will come to that though, Fulham's run in looks difficult.

Newcastle 28 points

spurs h L
burnley a L
west ham h D
liverpool a L
arsenal h L
leicester a L
man city h L
sheff utd h W
fulham a L

Fulham 26 points

villa a L
wolves h D
arsenal a L
chelsea a L
burnley a L
southampton a D
man utd a L
newcastle h W

I've got Newcastle staying up by a point by beating Sheff Utd.

Edited by Tuna

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Still personally think they'll survive.

Like Derby, their future is very much in the air - the fans are been messed around for long enough now to be honest.

Wonder if Mike Ashley is a genuine supporter of the club; he's got enough in the bank and he should left a while ago.

He's not a Newcastle fan, he's just a business man who bought the club. I think he actually supports Spurs.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Fulham v Newcastle on the final day of the season looks tasty, don't think it will come to that though, Fulham's run in looks difficult.

Newcastle 28 points

spurs h L
burnley a L
west ham h D
liverpool a L
arsenal h L
leicester a L
man city h L
sheff utd h W
fulham a L

Fulham 26 points

villa a L
wolves h D
arsenal a L
chelsea a L
burnley a L
southampton a D
man utd a L
newcastle h W

I've got Newcastle staying up by a point by beating Sheff Utd.

I’d take Fulham’s run in over Newcastle any day of the week, I think they have 5 games where they can take points - Villa, Wolves, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle - non of those teams are playing for anything now and there are points to be had.

Newcastle on the other hand really have Sheff United, Burnley and Fulham.

Burnley would be looking at that Newcastle game as a game to ensure their survival. So it’s hard to see where a Newcastle point comes from before Sheff United.

I think Newcastle will be down before the play Fulham.

I lived in Newcastle for 4 years during my time at uni and loved the city, the people just not the weather so much. Have some great Geordie friends too. It was during king Kevin’s rise from the championship into the premier league. Their famous cavalier attacking side and leaky defense was pure entertainment. Hand on heart I haven’t seen support this passionate from fans. Always will have a soft spot for the Geordie’s and wish them well. Don’t like Brucey or their owner Jaba the hutt Ashley. 

• Like 1

Listening to Bruce's post match interview, I actually wonder how much he knows about football tactics. He never brings them up, never talks about a style of play or intensity of the play. He seems very good at the admin side. He knows who's available and who's not, but that's about it. I genuinely think he has rough idea of the formation he wants to play, but past that he's doesn't actually know what he wants the players to do within that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'd cost at least 20m and would want 60k+ a week I reckon, no way we're buying him. Add in the fact he's 29 and it screams WHU or Everton :D

He's reportedly on 100k a week. We won't pay that for an injury prone 29 year-old and nor should we. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why?

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Interested to see why you think this is tinpot?

Protest is fine by me but not sure why they are calling him a coward?

And "you are not one of us" a reference to being Sunderland manager perhaps?

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't do it in the ground, can't not go to show their discontent, so this is all they can do. If that clueless Greggs addict was in charge of my club I'd be finding anyway I could to voice my anger.

Agreed and "clueless greggs addict" is one of the foxestalk quotes of 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

He's reportedly on 100k a week. We won't pay that for an injury prone 29 year-old and nor should we. 

Weirdly I thought the same re: him being a sicknote, but I don't think it's entirely correct, at least not the past few seasons. He's had niggles this term (who hasn't, let's be honest) but since he got that really nasty injury in Bournemouth's first season up he's finished campaigns with more league appearances year-on-year. He clocked 30+ the last couple of seasons; any club, in this case Newcastle, would be confident in him doing the same for them.

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not a prem game but after Everton had 11 men firmly camped behind the ball for 90 minutes today against Man C Pep says "it was a tough tough tough game, Everton showed commitment and focus". After we win 5-2 at the etihad. Pep "they did nothing, they didn't try to play football".

He's such a bell end i absolutely can't stand him. The lack of respect he shows to certain teams and managers is disgusting. They've won the league and the league Cup but really hope they don't win anything else. 

I'd rather win and be slagged off than lose and be patronised.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not a prem game but after Everton had 11 men firmly camped behind the ball for 90 minutes today against Man C Pep says "it was a tough tough tough game, Everton showed commitment and focus". After we win 5-2 at the etihad. Pep "they did nothing, they didn't try to play football".

He's such a bell end i absolutely can't stand him. The lack of respect he shows to certain teams and managers is disgusting. They've won the league and the league Cup but really hope they don't win anything else. 

I think it’s down to whose in charge. At Everton it’s Ancelloti. Who he has a lot of respect for. With us it’s Rodgers who he clearly thinks he’s a lot better than. Also it helps to praise opposition if you’ve just beat them. Like a lot of coaches it’s more difficult to praise the opposition after a defeat especially for twats like pep and klopp.