Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Spuds tonight..😂🥵🥵😂🥵😂😂😜😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😁🤪😉😁😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!

Plastic Spurs hatred imo, we've been twatting on about it for hours...

• Haha 3

I actually agree with Southgates reasoning (said through gritted teeth there) re Alexander-Arnold, he doesn't appear to be at his usual performance level this season, possibly being less confident in the security of the CB's to bomb forward as much but he's gone on form. We used to hate it when the F.A, rubberstamp came out of the draw and selected same old same old regardless of form and it may be the moment that sparks him into an upsurge in form. However Dier.......?????????? The rubberstamp still exists then.

On 16/03/2021 at 11:03, Fox in the North said:

I find it utterly bonkers that had Kane’s loan spell been successful, and if Vardy still had his upward trajectory, we could have somehow had 2 of England’s best strikers the past 5 years. 

Don't believe that an option to buy was part of the loan deal.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Don't believe that an option to buy was part of the loan deal.

It wasn’t but Kane wasn’t quite as highly rated as he should have been at Spurs .... levy might have been tempted by a decent offer (although the only way we would have done that is if he had performed really well here which would have shown Spurs he was worth keeping )

15 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Its a Europa space if that happens think Chelsea, Man City and Man utd will finish top 4 leaving one other space, really would be looking at Arsenal winning Europa Liverpool champions league for 4th to miss out.

It's a Europa space assuming they both finish outside the top 4.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's a Europa space assuming they both finish outside the top 4.

I’m curious who people now view as the biggest threat to us for top 4. I can’t be the only one looking at Liverpool more than the rest? 

After last season I still don’t look at a 10 point cushion with much confidence. Not with the standard of teams we are fighting with. Liverpool are more than capable of winning the remaining games. So it’s up to us to get the job done.

I know the CL, EL double seems unlikely to some but I’m looking at that top 3 spot now and I hope Brendan is as well. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m curious who people now view as the biggest threat to us for top 4. I can’t be the only one looking at Liverpool more than the rest? 

After last season I still don’t look at a 10 point cushion with much confidence. Not with the standard of teams we are fighting with. Liverpool are more than capable of winning the remaining games. So it’s up to us to get the job done.

I know the CL, EL double seems unlikely to some but I’m looking at that top 3 spot now and I hope Brendan is as well. 

I'm looking at Liverpool too, but a 10 point gap with 9 to play is not be underestimated. If we play at relegation form (1 point a game) they have still got to take 19 from 9 (2+ points a game) to finish above us. Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Man United in the first five of those nine is not easy, especially with Real Madrid around them.

We have got to prove we've got the nerve to put crap teams away like Watford and Brighton who took points off us after the restart last season, and show steel to grind out the odd draw here and there in more difficult games. Everyone is looking at that run after Man City quite rightly, because that is where we can be home and dry.

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the CL and EL English double is unlikely but it's even more unlikely that 4th place will become a Europa League spot as it would mean both of those sides finishing 5th or below.

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'm looking at Liverpool too, but a 10 point gap with 9 to play is not be underestimated. If we play at relegation form (1 point a game) they have still got to take 19 from 9 (2+ points a game) to finish above us. Arsenal, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Man United in the first five of those nine is not easy, especially with Real Madrid around them.

We have got to prove we've got the nerve to put crap teams away like Watford and Brighton who took points off us after the restart last season, and show steel to grind out the odd draw here and there in more difficult games. Everyone is looking at that run after Man City quite rightly, because that is where we can be home and dry.

It could be bad luck, it could be bad form, it could simply be outclassed but we could easily on paper lose to man city, west ham, Chelsea, Spurs and Man U. 

Because of that I’ve learnt to not get too carried away with the league position. 

Theres no chance of a dead rubber at the end of the season for us. Where as many teams will get the ‘on the beach’ fixtures in the last 4  we won’t as all of our competitors will be fighting for something. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think the CL and EL English double is unlikely but it's even more unlikely that 4th place will become a Europa League spot as it would mean both of those sides finishing 5th or below.

Arsenal have a big shot in EL. Of the teams left they are probably the 2nd best left in the contest and clearly they don’t have to focus on the league. 

The champions league is the long shot,  but with football until it happens, it’s possible. 

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I actually agree with Southgates reasoning (said through gritted teeth there) re Alexander-Arnold, he doesn't appear to be at his usual performance level this season, possibly being less confident in the security of the CB's to bomb forward as much but he's gone on form. We used to hate it when the F.A, rubberstamp came out of the draw and selected same old same old regardless of form and it may be the moment that sparks him into an upsurge in form. However Dier.......?????????? The rubberstamp still exists then.

He clearly isn't a fan of TAA, rarely plays him. I think even a slightly off form TAA is better than James. Trippier has played 3 games in 3 months, so he's not in on form.

It seems his pick on form policy is only used when it suits him. As you say, Dier is still in. Mings over Konsa when the latter has been better. Chilwell hasn't been dropped either, despite losing his place at Chelsea. Look how long it took him to take a look at Grealish when he was playing well, same with Maddison. He uses the form excuse when it suits, but he has his favourites

15 hours ago, weller54 said:

Spuds tonight..😂🥵🥵😂🥵😂😂😜😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😁🤪😉😁😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!

They're probably concentracting on top 4 or whatever you say about us..............

Just now, st albans fox said:

This is what we’re up against ....

Manchester United have agreed a five-year deal, worth £235m, with global technology company TeamViewer to become their principal shirt sponsor from next season.

Just about to post this . What could we realistically expect from a Shirt sponsor ? 

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Just about to post this . What could we realistically expect from a Shirt sponsor ? 

Starting to challenging for top 4. Need an increase on the risible amount we were getting. Go on KP flood the coffers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They're probably concentracting on top 4 or whatever you say about us..............

Difference being we went into the second league with the tie evenly balanced and struggling with injuries. Spurs had a two goal advantage, this is Mourinho's speciality. Don't be too open, limit them and don't concede twice. They blew it. A clean sheet or a goal sees them through, they managed neither.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Difference being we went into the second league with the tie evenly balanced and struggling with injuries. Spurs had a two goal advantage, this is Mourinho's speciality. Don't be too open, limit them and don't concede twice. They blew it. A clean sheet or a goal sees them through, they managed neither.

Yeah I know that but I wasn't getting at that. Wasn't getting at the result.

Just the fact some posters go back to the "at least we can concentrate on top 4 now" when we go out but on the other hand also laugh at Spurs for going out.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just the fact some posters go back to the "at least we can concentrate on top 4 now" when we go out but on the other hand also laugh at Spurs for going out.

Well no, it seems they are laughing at the manner of Spurs going out, and how it once agains sums that team up. If Spurs had just been knocked out over two close legs like we were I don't think people would be pissinh themselves.

Who cares about Spurs by way of comparison? 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think you're being a tad disingenuous here. The posters you reference felt it was perhaps in our favour that we got knocked out under current circumstances, which is not the same as what you attribute to them. I am certain most fans would like us strong enough to compete on all 3/4 fronts, but it would be untrue to say we have the strength to do so right now. Next season, who knows?

• Like 1