Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The sooner Bruce gets flushed the better. Always horrid to watch and such a thin skinned victim when anyone criticises him. 

He's a member of the British Managers Lunch Club so will be taking as much payout as possible when he's gets canned. Money money money 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Exactly. Usually because the pain is such that they’re in shock and don’t move. 

I broke an ankle and didn't move for a good minute, staying really quiet. 

A friend of mine who works as a paramedic said that's quite a common reaction rooted deep within us. Don't make the injury worse, don't attract attention from potential  predators. 

I squealed like a bitch shortly afterwards, mind. But at the time it's a shock and then the desire to not move very much. 

The worst part is it goes unchallenged. It's become endemic. I find it embarrassing to watch as Suarez, Sterling, or Kane luck their legs high up into the air and squeal like a stuck pig. Almost need the Roy Keane type figure to hold them to account. 

Expecting a degree of resilience and physical toughness is probably lumped in with 'toxic masculinity' now, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

I broke an ankle and didn't move for a good minute, staying really quiet. 

A friend of mine who works as a paramedic said that's quite a common reaction rooted deep within us. Don't make the injury worse, don't attract attention from potential  predators. 

I squealed like a bitch shortly afterwards, mind. But at the time it's a shock and then the desire to not move very much. 

The worst part is it goes unchallenged. It's become endemic. I find it embarrassing to watch as Suarez, Sterling, or Kane luck their legs high up into the air and squeal like a stuck pig. Almost need the Roy Keane type figure to hold them to account. 

Expecting a degree of resilience and physical toughness is probably lumped in with 'toxic masculinity' now, though. 

I was really disappointed in Ian Wright the other week. There was a great bit at the end of motd where he, Lineker and Dublin took the piss out of Lacazette screaming by falling off their chairs holding their legs and screaming. A few days later and Wright has clicked into Arsenal mode and is apologising for it and saying he disrespected Lacazette. He was totally right to call him out on it and be part of the piss taking. Show them up and embarrass them.

Imagine losing 3-0 at a relegation rival, whose last 3 home wins came in 3 seperate years 2019, 1 in 2020 and 1 in 2021.

Complete capitulation, Brighton looked awful when we played them.

Newcastle don’t look like they have a hope.

• Haha 1

Looking at their fixtures I can’t see Newcastle picking up more than 6 points between now and the Fulham game - and that could be stretching it.

If Fulham can win 3 of their next 7 Newcastle will be down before they play on the last day.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Imagine losing 3-0 at a relegation rival, whose last 3 home wins came in 3 seperate years 2019, 1 in 2020 and 1 in 2021.

Complete capitulation, Brighton looked awful when we played them.

Newcastle don’t look like they have a hope.

Don’t think Brighton were awful when we played them. We were fortunate in the end to win the game. As a lot have said Brighton play decent football but lack a finisher in front of goal. I agree that Newcastle are dreadful. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Newcastle better hope Wilson and ASM are back after the international break, or they'll be going down.

I don't think there is much doubt that they are going down . Bookies have them as faves to be relegated even though they two points & a game in hand clear

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I was really disappointed in Ian Wright the other week. There was a great bit at the end of motd where he, Lineker and Dublin took the piss out of Lacazette screaming by falling off their chairs holding their legs and screaming. A few days later and Wright has clicked into Arsenal mode and is apologising for it and saying he disrespected Lacazette. He was totally right to call him out on it and be part of the piss taking. Show them up and embarrass them.

Oh absolutely. 

It's so very blatant when it's put on. Isn't Lacazette showing disrespect to the referees, viewers, and other players in being so blatantly snide. 

6-0 aggregate defeat to Brighton this season for Newcastle. 0 shots on target (1 off the post) in 180 minutes. 

If Brighton had Callum Wilson they'd be mid-table with the chances they create.