Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Looking at opponents to come do you really need Harry Kane, yep we know hes going to the euros but worth trying someone new out like a bamford.

Bamford is bang average, as is Ross Barkley. Great news that neither are near the squad. But it doesn't matter because we'll just play with three CB's, at least two defensive midfielders and a worn out Kane regardless to make sure of an early exit.

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Generally it baffles me how off the stoppage time usually is. I swear they still do it Sunday league style where they chuck on whatever they fancy. 

regular 0-0 game, no injuries  (standard 3 mins added on, without fail) 

Leicester score 4 goals in a half against sheffield .... 2 minutes to save their blushes. It’s simply unprofessional... nobody complains because the game is obviously won but just keep it consistent. 

Is it that hard to have someone who tracks the time of every game? If you are 1-0 down and a tram keeps faking injuries, you never get that time back. Which is exactly why it happens so often. 

C3AB4FCA-BCB4-4A65-9854-48EB0EF35112.jpeg

• Haha 1

Trent dropped with lack of form, yet we see the likes of Pickford and Dier continually picked. 

As mentioned, we should be switching to a back four instead of sucking the attacking threat from our forwards. Rice sitting with Maguire/Stones and a fullback gives the likes of Mount/Foden/Maddison to push on and makes a platform for our front 3 to thrive. 

On 15/03/2021 at 20:40, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sure you're not alone.... I've plumped for University Challenge however, and so far know absolutely no answers whatsoever.

Karl Pilkington once said he's given up trying to answer the questions on that, so now he tries to guess which contestant will answer, instead.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Che Adams joins Scotland I see, someone who couldn't be patient for an England call up. 

Couldn't be patient or realised the likelihood of ever being called up whilst playing for a non-big 6 team was slim, as well as the competition in that role? All he needs to do is see how players like Vardy and Ings have been treated, arguably both better players, and see his chances are slim.

JWP may have been called up, but it's taken years of consistent performances and injuries to be given this chance. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Couldn't be patient or realised the likelihood of ever being called up whilst playing for a non-big 6 team was slim, as well as the competition in that role? All he needs to do is see how players like Vardy and Ings have been treated, arguably both better players, and see his chances are slim.

JWP may have been called up, but it's taken years of consistent performances and injuries to be given this chance. 

I can understand that point but he's only 24, I mean next season he go on to score 14-18 goals for Southampton and maybe think "damn if I only waited a bit longer". Especially with Kane picking up injuries.

5 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Bamford is bang average, as is Ross Barkley. Great news that neither are near the squad. But it doesn't matter because we'll just play with three CB's, at least two defensive midfielders and a worn out Kane regardless to make sure of an early exit.

If they're in form though surely they should get called up, isn't that the point?  I do agree he's bang average, Bamford, but what else does he need to do to get in the squad?

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

I can understand that point but he's only 24, I mean next season he go on to score 14-18 goals for Southampton and maybe think "damn if I only waited a bit longer". Especially with Kane picking up injuries.

If Kane picked up injuries we'd go through Rashford, DCL and maybe Abraham  before he'd even be considered. 

Fact is, he may have been given an actual opportunity to play international football. Antonio is another example. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

If Kane picked up injuries we'd go through Rashford, DCL and maybe Abraham  before he'd even be considered. 

Fact is, he may have been given an actual opportunity to play international football. Antonio is another example. 

Abraham isn't playing at the moment for his club. Though depends if he gets a move in the summer.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Abraham isn't playing at the moment for his club. Though depends if he gets a move in the summer.

Simply playing for Chelsea would get him above Adams. 

Just look at Mount the other season. Fact is, playing for a big 6 club continued to be the reason you're called up. Unless you happen to be a weird favourite

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That plan B that we never have

I mean also as well we could strike a deal with the premier league clubs where we could say to allow this player to get rested for your club we won't pick for the games against Albania and San Marino. At least then you don't have this war between the national team and club sides... plus giving more England caps to others to prevent rival nationals pinching them.

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If they're in form though surely they should get called up, isn't that the point?  I do agree he's bang average, Bamford, but what else does he need to do to get in the squad?

His all round play is not good enough, and when fans are back I predict no more than 5 goals next season 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Adams could (will) go to the Euros in the summer with Scotland, though.

There’s no guarantee Scotland will get to another major tournament during his career, or that England will ever call him up.

Considering he was playing for Oadby in the UCL as a teenager, I think just the fact he’s playing international football is an amazing achievement, regardless of which nation it’s for. 

Yeah but there's no guarantee he'll play in a world cup anytime soon, at least England there was hope.

Jenas, the gift that keeps on giving. He really is awful and it really pisses me off how he keeps getting on tv, especially the one show. He's not likeable at all. I could understand somebody like crouch on there who is a proper likeable guy but Jenas really is a vile little weasel. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

No Trent and Sancho is an odd one. Bamford had done enough for a call up to. How Dier gets in continues to baffle me

German clubs aren't letting some of their players travel I think.

6 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

His teammate Bellingham is in there.

Edit - Sancho’s injured.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

tenor.gif

Missed the Sancho injury myself. 

Looks like Bellingham won't travel due to restrictions brought in the area.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

What happens with 4th place if English clubs win both the Champions League/Europa? 

Spurs :giggle:

Its a Europa space if that happens think Chelsea, Man City and Man utd will finish top 4 leaving one other space, really would be looking at Arsenal winning Europa Liverpool champions league for 4th to miss out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Adams could (will) go to the Euros in the summer with Scotland, though.

There’s no guarantee Scotland will get to another major tournament during his career, or that England will ever call him up.

Considering he was playing for Oadby in the UCL as a teenager, I think just the fact he’s playing international football is an amazing achievement, regardless of which nation it’s for. 

Oadby played in the Champions League?