Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Man City or Chelsea would be “overwhelming” favourites in the final, says Keown 

I know this sort of thing shouldn't wind me up but if Arsenal were 2 points ahead of Chelsea in the league or even where they are in midtable mediocrity, no pundit would describe Chelsea as overwhelming favourites to beat them in the final. What do we have to do to win some respect? Winning the League, getting to the CL QFs and then being top 4 for virtually all of the past 2 seasons clearly hasn't been enough.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know this sort of thing shouldn't wind me up but if Arsenal were 2 points ahead of Chelsea in the league or even where they are in midtable mediocrity, no pundit would describe Chelsea as overwhelming favourites to beat them in the final. What do we have to do to win some respect? Winning the League, getting to the CL QFs and then being top 4 for virtually all of the past 2 seasons clearly hasn't been enough.

We’re not in the same bracket as Chelsea.

If we finish above them in the league - that’s a major upset.

If we win tomorrow and go on to win in the final - that too, is quite the achievement based on the statutes of the two clubs.

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Man City or Chelsea would be “overwhelming” favourites in the final, says Keown 

Can’t really disagree 🤷🏻‍♂️

@The Bear what would you like to see change for next season? Or do you think the return of Jiminez will make a huge difference?

Seems like you were really building something but this season has been a massive backwards step and the football is largely atrocious. Still think Nuno's the man for the job? 

31 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

We’re not in the same bracket as Chelsea.

If we finish above them in the league - that’s a major upset.

If we win tomorrow and go on to win in the final - that too, is quite the achievement based on the statutes of the two clubs.

But it's not about the stature or size of clubs, it's about the 2 teams on the pitch. Is Chelsea's team really "overwhelmingly" better than ours? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

@The Bear what would you like to see change for next season? Or do you think the return of Jiminez will make a huge difference?

Seems like you were really building something but this season has been a massive backwards step and the football is largely atrocious. Still think Nuno's the man for the job? 

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

@TheBear - genuine question; is Nuno under any pressure because Wolves are painful to watch. I know Jimenez was a huge loss this season but still, it's dire football.

Jimenez's injury killed our season. He is our best forward and main goalscorer. 

Let's not forget we were 6th after 10 games at the start of the season, 4 points off top, before Luiz threw himself into Jimenez like an idiot. We've won 5 games since then. 

Jury is out on Nuno next season, though he absolutely gets plenty of time. If he wants to switch to 4 at the back he needs better CBs and a full pre-season to prepare the team properly. I have my doubts as he was always a defence first manager at Porto and Valencia, but with the resources at his disposal now he should be able to make a decent fist of it. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3