Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

We will eventually get to a stage when defenders can't get close to attackers in fear of there being contact. Contact isn't a foul.

It's an embarrassment. Players diving around and screaming are an embarrassment too. Imagine screaming 20(+) years ago, you'd have got laughed at. Not enough "hard" players  anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's an embarrassment. Players diving around and screaming are an embarrassment too. Imagine screaming 20(+) years ago, you'd have got laughed at. Not enough "hard" players  anymore.

Unfortunately we have a large proportion of snow flakes in the modern era 

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

According to what I've read past players had a totally different reaction to fouls they took the view never look like a player has hurt you get up and carry on even if it hurts like hell.I guess that's also why the ended up with career ending tackles.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

According to what I've read past players had a totally different reaction to fouls they took the view never look like a player has hurt you get up and carry on even if it hurts like hell

But, if they knew exaggerating the contact would get more decisions for your team like it does now, would they have changed?

All players do what they can to help their team, whether we like it or not.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Imagine how long you'd last at 6-a-side if you went down every time there was some contact lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

But, if they knew exaggerating the contact would get more decisions for your team like it does now, would they have changed?

I don't think it ever crossed their minds, you could hardly exaggerate tackles that were already akin to assault. Society changed and football followed.

1 minute ago, Kingleicester said:

Arteta must have some damming evidence on the Arsenal board, how is this fraud of a manager still in charge, looking like a mid table  finish 

According to one talksport caller hes the second best manager in the league lol...

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

The officials falling for it and not punishing the antics is the main problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, davieG said:

I don't think it ever crossed their minds, you could hardly exaggerate tackles that were already akin to assault. Society changed and football followed.

I know, I think we've gone from one extreme to the other. We don't want players rolling around in "agony" at the slightest contact but nor do we want players just going out and trying to maim opponents as used to be the case.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

I know, I think we've gone from one extreme to the other. We don't want players rolling around in "agony" at the slightest contact but nor do we want players just going out and trying to maim opponents as used to be the case.

That reflects society really with every event or word spoken they'll be a reaction, too often an over reaction to it with the help of social media which in the past wouldn't even have caused a ripple.