Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Jimenez's injury killed our season. He is our best forward and main goalscorer. 

Let's not forget we were 6th after 10 games at the start of the season, 4 points off top, before Luiz threw himself into Jimenez like an idiot. We've won 5 games since then. 

Jury is out on Nuno next season, though he absolutely gets plenty of time. If he wants to switch to 4 at the back he needs better CBs and a full pre-season to prepare the team properly. I have my doubts as he was always a defence first manager at Porto and Valencia, but with the resources at his disposal now he should be able to make a decent fist of it. 

Yeah fair enough. Just think you have the personnel to be a little bit more adventurous at times. Hope Jiminez comes back as the player he was as I did rate him highly 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Same as the forward we have now then. We went for Jose as he had a good record in La Liga and we could loan before we buy. 

Costa would have done an amazing job for you though, don't you think?

They're both target men, but obviously a hell of a lot more than that.

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Costa would have done an amazing job for you though, don't you think?

They're both target men, but obviously a hell of a lot more than that.

He'd certainly be better than what we ended up with, but he'd have cost loads more and would have to be happy on the bench once/if Jimenez was back. 

• Like 1

Sheffield United have been shocking this season - But still better than the 07/08 Derby side. You really gotta put real effort into being worse than Derby. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Koke said:

Sheffield United have been shocking this season - But still better than the 07/08 Derby side. You really gotta put real effort into being worse than Derby. 

Making Robbie Savage captain probably tells you alot about the group they had lol

44 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Jimenez's injury killed our season. He is our best forward and main goalscorer. 

Let's not forget we were 6th after 10 games at the start of the season, 4 points off top, before Luiz threw himself into Jimenez like an idiot. We've won 5 games since then. 

Jury is out on Nuno next season, though he absolutely gets plenty of time. If he wants to switch to 4 at the back he needs better CBs and a full pre-season to prepare the team properly. I have my doubts as he was always a defence first manager at Porto and Valencia, but with the resources at his disposal now he should be able to make a decent fist of it. 

Oh don't start that again. Luiz went in for a header like players do week in week out, even some of you're own, and accidentally clashed heads with Jiminez. Had it been the other way round, Jiminez on Luiz you wouldn't be saying it was stupid.

Edited by Facecloth

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I was fairly busy with other stuff in 07/08, so don't really remember how bad Derby were.

They must have been utter cack.  lol

It really warms the cockles of one's heart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Making Robbie Savage captain probably tells you alot about the group they had lol

They started the season with Steve Howard as their striker. God bless Howard but a Premier League striker he most certainly is not.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

They started the season with Steve Howard as their striker. God bless Howard but a Premier League striker he most certainly is not.

Had no idea he'd ever played in the Prem to be honest. The absolute definition of championship striker (as much as we love him) 

Edited by foxfanazer

There was an interesting Tifo video on that absurd Derby season. It mentioned players have admitted they genuinely felt scared just looking at the fixture list (before a ball had even been kicked).

If you're short on quality at the very least you need some kind of optimism, turned out they had neither. 

As much as I think he's an odd little troll, they were never helped by the fact that Billy Davies was undermined from above almost constantly.

• Like 1

Newcastle are in danger of becoming a bit like Sunderland. For several years Sunderland were a turd that just wouldn't flush and Newcastle are heading that way. If they eventually do go down they might drop a long way. That said - I think the North East need a representative in the Premier League. Just a decent one. 

11 hours ago, trabuch said:

Newcastle are in danger of becoming a bit like Sunderland. For several years Sunderland were a turd that just wouldn't flush and Newcastle are heading that way. If they eventually do go down they might drop a long way. That said - I think the North East need a representative in the Premier League. Just a decent one. 

Hartlepools it is

• Haha 2