Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lingard is a doubt for WHU at the weekend, along with Rice, Antonio, Cresswell and Masuaku. Hopefully Burnley can get something out of the game and that'll almost be the end of WHUs top 4 charge.

They have lots of good options to fill in for him tbf.

I must admit Benhrama has been the most successful, under performing signing since inler 

11 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

But we could beat southampton and newcastle, draw to spurs and chelsea, lose to man united which wouldnt be poor form at all and if liverpool beat man u, burnley, palace, southampton and west brom they will finish above us (i think) lol probably just over thinking 

We'd be on 70 points, Liverpool 69 in that scenario  :cool:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If that happens I'd be surprised if Chelsea or West Ham had got 68 points as well. If we get to 68/69 we should be OK. It would be beggars belief for 2 other teams to go near perfect

No chance in my view only Man City have won 5 in a row all season....

None of Liverpool, West Ham or Chelsea have won more the 5 in the last 10.

I expecting all 3 to drop points as will we.

I see a different side this year, last year we would have lost to Burnley, Brighton and Palace after going a goal down! 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

We can beat the saints tomorrow given our current form and theirs respectively. It's newcastle that will be a tough one. Still beatable but they are showing fight and have quality back now in wilson and St Maximo. We will need to be fully focused in that game! After that lets take it one at a time and draw confidence from the games we've won. I'm going to guess we will draw 1 or 2 of those games depending on how much of a battle it is. I don't see us losing any games.

On 28/04/2021 at 11:38, Aus Fox said:

Does anyone know how prize money works for the end of the season? I was trying to look at the difference in money received for finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I came across this, what I found interesting is that we made more from overseas tv money than Arsenal? Does that mean we were shown more? Or more popular? 
Arsenal made more on facilities fees? Who decides what gets more money? More games on tv? Better facilities?

What I take from this was we were, and still are the biggest club outside the super league six right now, and the gap between us and the lower end of the super league six is closing.

91509670-DD49-41E4-8062-21C74DD57843.jpeg

Merit is league position.

Facility fees is airings on local aired games (sky/bt)

Overseas I am not sure of the current system for that.  But I think its merged equal share with league position hence us getting more than arsenal. (I think the merit part only applies to the increase over the previous contract was all equal share, hence the much smaller disparity over merit payments)

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's be honest, CL football is just the safety net of a minimum of £40-50m for us to improve our squad and get Tielemans, Soyuncu, Barnes, Ndidi and Ricardo on new deals. 

If we go out in the groups or have to play Bayern in the last 16 it's hardly an embarrassment and looking at the teams who qualified from their groups this season it's hardly an impossible achievement for us to do so should we get there. We'll need less injuries and a few better quality additions.

My view as well. The prestige of playing these teams is great but if top 4 means we keep our best players and this exciting squad together then that's bigger for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corky said:

My view as well. The prestige of playing these teams is great but if top 4 means we keep our best players and this exciting squad together then that's bigger for me.

It's a funny one though. We're already collectively worrying about keeping our squad together and new contracts, but we haven't even had any champions league money. 

What happens when we get CL money, increase our expenses and then get to a point where we need the CL money or we suffer?

I'm just speculating really and I have every confidence in our club that we will continue to be managed well financially, but you can see why the desire for top 4 is so high.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know they've got injuries but that defence Arsenal have picked tonight is a shambles. 

What on earth is that team they've picked and then the players they've left on the bench. Deserve an absolute hiding.