Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Not sure what result is best for us here, United win here and Man City win the title they may not be arsed when they play us.

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Solid low block defensively sound, an both the Man utd and Spurs defence are capable of leaking goals. 

The problem is, in the last 9 league and cup games I have witnessed some of the best and worst defensive performances I've ever seen from us. So much so I think Rodgers needs to tell our defence to rip up the manual on playing out from the back and camping high up the pitch and just do the ugly basic stuff like their life depends on it.

• Like 2

Fair play to Villa, they could have just rolled over and handed Man Utd a chance to rest some of the big guns in the 2nd half, now they have to work hard for another 45mins. 

I wouldn't begrudge a 1-1 draw as like Ric said I don't see them losing 2 on the spin 

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Fair play to Villa, they could have just rolled over and handed Man Utd a chance to rest some of the big guns in the 2nd half, now they have to work hard for another 45mins. 

I wouldn't begrudge a 1-1 draw as like Ric said I don't see them losing 2 on the spin 

I think utd will come back from here... a win today may refucevtheir hunger on Tuesday 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I think utd will come back from here... a win today may refucevtheir hunger on Tuesday 

True, many different ways of looking at today and I still can't decide the best outcome 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem is, in the last 9 league and cup games I have witnessed some of the best and worst defensive performances I've ever seen from us. So much so I think Rodgers needs to tell our defence to rip up the manual on playing out from the back and camping high up the pitch and just do the ugly basic stuff like their life depends on it.

This is why I think a switch to back 4 and a focus on the defenders doing their defensive duties above all else, is essential. The back 3 has worked best for attack when Soyuncu and Fofana have brought the ball out, but that leaves us so exposed to the through ball when they are out of position. We know how good Soy and Fofana are, but I think Brendan has been asking them to contribute too much in our build up play recently, to the detriment of our defence. Back to basics in defence, with N'didi shielding a back 4. If that means playing a bit more direct and getting the ball down the channels for Vardy and Iheanacho to run on to, then so be it. We need to change something, especially with Evans out. 

• Like 2

United must win this as it essentially guarantees champions league.

They also wont be able to be caught by liverpool and can inflict more misery on their feirce rivals by beating them thus allowing us or westham to finish above them for europe. Win win for yanited no?