Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Brendan won't be here next season if we don't get top 4. 

I feel like we've already lost the fa cup final - Chelsea are immense.

Gosens and Soumere won't come and we'll have to sell one of our stars if not 2.

We really need top 4.

It would be a shame if Rodgers leave because he could not do it himself to get us into the top 4. That is abandonment. Don’t blame the squad, the setup or the owners. He was in winning position. If he leaves it kind of shows that he is not ultimately a winning coach. If he is, finish the job.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We will find out in the next couple of weeks or so... they now need to step up, made it hard but all isn’t lost yet 

When we won the league I felt that any idiot could have been in charge for the last 10 games but Indervidualy and collectively the players wanted it so nothing mattered.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Individually and collectively do we have any bollocks ? That's the question.

Would if we played Fuchs and Morgan. Obviously not for the full 90. But surely their experience and leadership would help prop up the pansies. 

• Like 1

Last couple of matches the players have looked scared and too nervous to have a clear enough head to play their normal game resulting in the poor concentration and performances. I’d never disagree with anyone who says we could beat anyone of the last 3 games we have like we did in the reverse fixtures, I just don’t see where are shift back to playing well and confidently is going to come from 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Would if we played Fuchs and Morgan. Obviously not for the full 90. But surely their experience and leadership would help prop up the pansies. 

I'm pretty sure Fuchs and his PMA had a massive bearing on our title win. 

Just now, dnewty said:

When we won the league I felt that any idiot could have been in charge for the last 10 games but Indervidualy and collectively the players wanted it so nothing mattered.

That was a trait instilled by Pearson. Got the mentality and periodised training programmes spot on. We were such strong finishers both in terms of mental capacity and fitness that you could pretty much guarantee we'd pick up more points than the teams around us during the closing stages. We always looked like our fitness was peaking during the business end of the season whilst others were shot. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Probably a good shout right now, I found it unreal once we lost evans, castagne was used in the back three... so don’t get me wrong Rodgers isn’t perfect, and has made decisions I found weren’t right.

However he gets us playing great football, the way he brings through young players and his man management. He is still learning though and that has been clear throughout this season. No-one can argue though that at times he has pushed this team beyond their capabilities when injuries really hit. 

Literally everyone is talking like West Ham have done it. Let’s not forget Everton, a good side, have plenty to play for still tomorrow!

I think we will get 4 points from our 3 games. Probably lose at United. Win at home to Spurs and draw at Chelsea. If it isn’t enough it’s our own fault. The games we lost at home over the season have caused this.

west ham

Everton

villa

fulham

leeds

newcastle

all games we should’ve took points from you’d have imagined. and in every single game we were our own worst enemy.... we had the mentality of a kids team it seemed. I’m sure there are more cases including away games as well.

• Like 1

If we still had a club psychologist (maybe we do) - the first person I'd send him to would be the manager. (and then foxestalk - on a points based system)

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 1

Just now, SystonFox said:

Literally everyone is talking like West Ham have done it. Let’s not forget Everton, a good side, have plenty to play for still tomorrow!

I think we will get 4 points from our 3 games. Probably lose at United. Win at home to Spurs and draw at Chelsea. If it isn’t enough it’s our own fault. The games we lost at home over the season have caused this.

west ham

Everton

villa

fulham

leeds

newcastle

all games we should’ve took points from you’d have imagined. and in every single game we were our own worst enemy.... we had the mentality of a kids team it seemed. I’m sure there are more cases including away games as well.

I agree with this, 100% I don’t think Liverpool and West Ham are invisible all of a sudden and will drop points... we have the advantage and if we can take at least 4 from the last 3 it should be enough. 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Probably a good shout right now, I found it unreal once we lost evans, castagne was used in the back three... so don’t get me wrong Rodgers isn’t perfect, and has made decisions I found weren’t right.

However he gets us playing great football, the way he brings through young players and his man management. He is still learning though and that has been clear throughout this season. No-one can argue though that at times he has pushed this team beyond their capabilities when injuries really hit. 

Agree with that which is why it annoys me that he can’t do it for another 4 games. He’s definitely a good manager and done lots of good things but if we fall out of top 4 again this season it’s something he’s doing not right 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree with this, 100% I don’t think Liverpool and West Ham are invisible all of a sudden and will drop points... we have the advantage and if we can take at least 4 from the last 3 it should be enough. 

Do you think 4 will be enough? I have a horrible feeling it won’t. Ideally we need 5 but I can’t see us not losing at least one and I can’t see us winning two also :-(

it’s weird cos if we’d won last night I think the points on the board would’ve been enough but now the mentality has shifted. West Ham and Liverpool can smell us, especially with Chelsea getting a late win. They’re now chasing us as the fourth team. Not chelsea. We weren’t on the radar before purely cos we were third. Now it’s us

• Like 1

What I find so funny like last season is how faithful we are as fans. Just because we criticize them in this moment doesn't mean we are being mean or unrealistic. We start great and lose the odd game here and their and put it down to a bad day at the office or an off day or injuries or bad formations or Covid but we hang in there with hope. We still have plenty of games to go and plenty of points ahead of the chasing pack. We keep saying that as every week the point lead gets trimmed away and yet we still say we are still in the fa cup final and we are few points ahead. Now chelski have leap frogged us and west ham and Liverpool not far behind. So how long do we keep short changing ourselves when we have no fa cup and no champions league but hey at least we didn't get relegated so its been a good season right? If we royally cock this season up there has to be a root & branch investigation into WTF is going on. We can't keep imploding like this as its not healthy for anyone. Fans need proper explanations. Rogers said in his post match commentary that it was a game that he could see where we went wrong so bloody fix it. How many times can he keep saying that? Learn from these mistakes FFS! An absolute must win game had a week to prepare and we played badly because we lacked concentration? Oh give me a break.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Agree with that which is why it annoys me that he can’t do it for another 4 games. He’s definitely a good manager and done lots of good things but if we fall out of top 4 again this season it’s something he’s doing not right 

He's auditioning for the next Spurs manager. If we drop out of the top four he will have a reputation as a big bottler manager, perfect for them. He really is a good manager, but he really needs to get us across this line (and it is down to him - we had the players to beat Southampton and Newcastle)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Brendan won't be here next season if we don't get top 4. 

I feel like we've already lost the fa cup final - Chelsea are immense.

Gosens and Soumere won't come and we'll have to sell one of our stars if not 2.

We really need top 4.

Who's going to take him? 

Just now, trabuch said:

He's auditioning for the next Spurs manager. If we drop out of the top four he will have a reputation as a big bottler manager, perfect for them. He really is a good manager, but he really needs to get us across this line (and it is down to him - we had the players to beat Southampton and Newcastle)

He will get the job if we drop out, just what Tottenham look for... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

That was a trait instilled by Pearson. Got the mentality and periodised training programmes spot on. We were such strong finishers both in terms of mental capacity and fitness that you could pretty much guarantee we'd pick up more points than the teams around us during the closing stages. We always looked like our fitness was peaking during the business end of the season whilst others were shot. 

That's something that's troubled me for a while. Our fitness levels just don't seem right compared to other teams.

These are the small margins that can make a big difference in the big games.

Most important thing is to go out there and have some fun. Kick the ball around, get some good work outs in and call it a day. 

In all seriousness, this is going to define our near future. Are we bottlers or do we have something about us?