Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think the biggest miss is Harvey Barnes. His strength and raw pace are severely lacking in a team that finds it difficult to break down teams who sit and play on the counter. 

And Justin defensively. His versatility really helped us out when we were lacking in numbers and the fact he seemed quite competent in any position really helped us. 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

And Justin defensively. His versatility really helped us out when we were lacking in numbers and the fact he seemed quite competent in any position really helped us. 

We are essentially missing two

of the three players who would have been up for player of the season. 

We are still feeling the effects of the other injuries also. Ricardo not the player he was, Ndidi and Vardy really haven’t got back to their pre injury levels. Castagne has taken an age to get back to anything close to how he started the season.

Its not all down to that, it just adds another issue. I think there are mentality issues, some mismanagement issues and we never seem anywhere close to the same levels of energy in the second half of each season.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

We are essentially missing two

of the three players who would have been up for player of the season. 

We are still feeling the effects of the other injuries also. Ricardo not the player he was, Ndidi and Vardy really haven’t got back to their pre injury levels. Castagne has taken an age to get back to anything close to how he started the season.

Its not all down to that, it just adds another issue. I think there are mentality issues, some mismanagement issues and we never seem anywhere close to the same levels of energy in the second half of each season.

I just think we lack depth and quality in the squad.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Our left side is totally broken so we have a massively unbalanced team. 

The lack of balance means our attacking has to be over efficient....which with Kel's form it has been. The problem is when the CBs have a meltdown we then become over reliant on other things. Such as right wing or set pieces. 2 things that don't get us a huge amount of goals for the last 4 years or so. 

Edited by Eskay
Spelling

Just now, Babylon said:

I don’t, we’ve sat in the top 4 all season and reached and FA Cup final whilst suffering the worst injury crisis in years. It’s a decent squad that could just do with one or two players.

So we do lack depth? 

It the best squad we have had in my life time as a supporter by a country mile. 

But to be consistent over the a long season we need to add a couple of players of quality. 

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Man Utd gone full strength against Villa and most of those started against Roma on Thursday. They'll either rotate or be knackered when they play us on Tuesday

3 points incoming! 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But to be consistent over the a long season we need to add a couple of players of quality. 

If staying in the top 4 all season, with the injuries we've had, isn't consistent then I don't know what is!

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Man Utd gone full strength against Villa and most of those started against Roma on Thursday. They'll either rotate or be knackered when they play us on Tuesday

We'll let them off with a back five plus Mendidi.

• Like 1

We need to show some true grit against Man U.I thought the body language against Newcastle when Wilson scored the fourth at the second attempt was terrible.We should have been well up for it,but I thought we lacked desire.Is it a confidence thing?

I don’t know.

Man U must surely be resting a lot against us given the team they have out today. Need to take advantage if they do, just as Chelsea did at Man City yesterday.

Lewis Dunk with a straight red for Brighton. Means he'll miss the game v West Ham, which is a shame as he would have been key to combatting West Ham's threat off set pieces.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

10 minutes ago, turlo said:

Ole did say that he'd rotate either against us or Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

We need to show some true grit against Man U.I thought the body language against Newcastle when Wilson scored the fourth at the second attempt was terrible.We should have been well up for it,but I thought we lacked desire.Is it a confidence thing?

I don’t know.

You say that but we got two back and Perez missed a great chance to make it 4-3 with 5 minutes left.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Completely agree young Stan

29 minutes ago, turlo said:

And then they play Liverpool just two days after our game which is not a game they're likely to rest players in.

Hopefully it works in our favour :fc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

And then they play Liverpool just two days after our game which is not a game they're likely to rest players in.

Hopefully it works in our favour :fc:

They would have gone full strength against Roma, villa and us so for sure they aren’t going to be 100% 

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You say that but we got two back and Perez missed a great chance to make it 4-3 with 5 minutes left.

I get what you say,but it was to little to late.

we shouldn’t be going 4 nil down before we respond.

we did have chances during the game which we should have taken,but that’s football.

I get your point though.