Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

12 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He obviously thought he was in loads of space as he was shouting at Albrighton afterwards for not warning him a player was there 

My point is, hes going backwards when you could see there was space forwards irrespective of who was behind him, he can blame Albrighton all he wants, even if they don't score there its the wrong decision. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looked to me like Henderson got a slight touch on Watkins... 

Tough call but the fact Watkins was half down before that touch is probsbly what got him sent off. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Tough call but the fact Watkins was half down before that touch is probsbly what got him sent off. 

True. Begs the question how so many other players get away with being halfway down and still getting penalties - Sterling, Mane, Salah are prime candidates for that award.

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

True. Begs the question how so many other players get away with being halfway down and still getting penalties - Sterling, Mane, Salah are prime candidates for that award.

Yeah 100%. Cavani or Rashford do that down the other end and more  than likely a pen. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He obviously thought he was in loads of space as he was shouting at Albrighton afterwards for not warning him a player was there 

My point is you can see space forwards, why would you turn backwards where you can't see? Its the wrong decision whether or not they score. 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So we do lack depth? 

It the best squad we have had in my life time as a supporter by a country mile. 

But to be consistent over the a long season we need to add a couple of players of quality. 

There isn’t a squad in the world that their fans wouldn’t say needed a couple of players. 

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Man Utd gone full strength against Villa and most of those started against Roma on Thursday. They'll either rotate or be knackered when they play us on Tuesday

Champions league is nailed on now, no reason for them to go full strength against us. 

• Like 1

We have to win our own games so as not to rely on our competitors failing.

However, since we've gone a bit poo recently, please Everton, please - stop being crap and beat these.

And a red card or two for West Ham would be appreciated.

Ordinarily Everton would be good for at least a draw but based on current form, intensity of play, focus, ambition etc I fear West Ham are favorites but if Everton turn up and remember what they're good at anything could happen.

14 minutes ago, turlo said:

Everton have pulled of some decent results away from home so hope they can get at least a draw today - it's their home form that's the problem

Fingers crossed, if I remember rightly they were very good at Leeds the last time I watched them away from home

The difference in body language between our players and West Ham's is massive. West Ham players looked relaxed and having a laugh just before kick off, our players look like they're about to shit themselves 😂

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Man Utd gone full strength against Villa and most of those started against Roma on Thursday. They'll either rotate or be knackered when they play us on Tuesday

United have strangely been playing full strength most weeks regardless of competition and fixtures. Somehow they're 2nd comfortably and in the Europa League final. Bruno Fernandes  seemingly plays every week.

They will play full strength against us and against Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

United have strangely been playing full strength most weeks regardless of competition and fixtures. Somehow they're 2nd comfortably and in the Europa League final. Bruno Fernandes  seemingly plays every week.

Not really been picking up injuries, lucky

3 minutes ago, matty98 said:

The difference in body language between our players and West Ham's is massive. West Ham players looked relaxed and having a laugh just before kick off, our players look like they're about to shit themselves 😂

No pressure on West Ham. Ton of pressure on us. West Ham are just happy to be there whereas we are expected to finish top 4. Moyes is touted as manager of the season but Rodgers doesn't get a mention.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Think I'm one of the few that wouldnt mind them going full strength against us, although as you say they seem to not rotate week after week I do think that 3 games in 5 days could be a tipping point for them