Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Short of them all getting pissed the night before and maybe taking a hammer to their own ankles, could Brighton sabotage themselves  for the West Ham game any more than they have done today?

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maupay sent off at the end too.

Not for the first time Neal Maupay losing his cool after the match.

Brighton cannot really complain about the red card although could have had a penalty fist half ?

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Even if Utd put a weaker side out against us cavani will likely come in and cause us all kinds of problems if we ply how we did on Friday 

That was my thought too. We look so weak in the air and he is a master at that. Hoping he comes on today and then is completely rested for our game Tues in preparation for a start against Liverpool.

53 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You say that but we got two back and Perez missed a great chance to make it 4-3 with 5 minutes left.

Harsh to say Perez missed a great chance, he did everything right. Movement, high powerful strike. The keeper made a phenomenal save. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dayday said:

As expected Man Utd will play a weakened team against us, forget the cup for now but we need to get at them and beat them

Yeah it’ll be weak but make no bones about it it’ll still be stronger than the Newcastle side we faced. Saying all this it’ll be a great chance for us to get a result, they’ve gone pretty much full strength today and on Thursday with very little recovery time. We’ve still got to go out and perform and hopefully we will get that reaction we wish for from Friday. If we don’t, that’s when we can start questioning the mentality. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not for the first time Neal Maupay losing his cool after the match.

Brighton cannot really complain about the red card although could have had a penalty fist half ?

Yep, against Arsenal he lost his shit after the game if I remember correctly.

• Haha 1

I’m not sure what result I want today now that yanited are full strength .......a tough 90 mins and a defeat could mean they are tempted to play a few more first teamers on Tuesday who will not be 100% fitness wise. 

and that could mean they need to go strong against liverpool.. 

there are pros and cons both ways .....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Even if Utd put a weaker side out against us cavani will likely come in and cause us all kinds of problems if we ply how we did on Friday 

Only effective if there is supply, we can dominate a midfield against a Utd side with out Fernandes 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Harsh to say Perez missed a great chance, he did everything right. Movement, high powerful strike. The keeper made a phenomenal save. 

I was thinking of the chance he had in the sixth yard box which Dubravka blocked. The one you mention was a good effort, well saved.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Totally off topic, but I'm glad you changed profile picture. There's another poster who had the same as your previous one, and lets just say his posts weren't up to your usual standard, and I kept thinking it was you

Hey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Shocked United have gone full strength today. Surely most of these don’t start on Tuesday. 

made sense to go full strength for Villa + Liverpool, with a complete team change for our game. It may help us, or we could end up with 11 fresh fringe players, playing to get into their starting 11. A team without Fernandes is a much weaker team though, so should work in our favour. :fc:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure what result I want today now that yanited are full strength .......a tough 90 mins and a defeat could mean they are tempted to play a few more first teamers on Tuesday who will not be 100% fitness wise. 

and that could mean they need to go strong against liverpool.. 

there are pros and cons both ways .....

I think that decision has already been made by OGS. 

The decision has been made - they went full strength on Thursday and today so we'll definitely be playing a much changed side on Tuesday, regardless of their result today 

If anything we should probably hope they don't win today so that the first team are not in cruise control v Liverpool on Thursday.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1