Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I can't believe people don't think that's a red card for Bissouma. He kicks him clean in the face with his studs, he's lucky he's not ****ing blinded him. When has "he didn't mean it" ever been a good defence against seriously endangering the health of an opponent?

It's a contact sport. Accidental injuries occur.

I appreciate that taking the contrary position can be quite fun but there was no excessive force or intent to injure.

Shit happens, it'll be rescinded tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I appreciate that taking the contrary position can be quite fun but there was no excessive force or intent to injure.

If it was vardy doing that, people would be saying he knew exactly where the player was, and it was deliberately 'accidental'

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely no chance. His foot is face height, it’s not like the face was stooped down. (Like going for a low header) Deserved Red.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Accidents through dangerous play are different - high feet is one of those as much as studs up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not a chance it's rescinded, imo anyway. Accidents can happen, but he didn't accidently put his heel in an unnatural position, he didn't mean to catch him but the action was intentional. Examples like the Vardy one against Arsenal were clearly where momentum has meant he caught the defender. I don't think you can argue it's the same. 

I think a 3 game ban is harsh but it's a red card. 

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

Accidents through dangerous play are different - high feet is one of those as much as studs up.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Absolutely no chance. His foot is face height, it’s not like the face was stooped down. Deserved Red.

So every kick head height is a red now?

What if someone lines up for an overhead kick and accidentally sparks a defender? Is that a red?

No chance. The only reason this has been given a straight red is because he's hit him plumb in the face and it looks bad.

It's just not a red card. Similar to the Son red that injured Gomes for Everton. Straight red card because of the result, not because of the action.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not a chance it's rescinded, imo anyway. Accidents can happen, but he didn't accidently put his heel in an unnatural position, he didn't mean to catch him but the action was intentional. Examples like the Vardy one against Arsenal were clearly where momentum has meant he caught the defender. I don't think you can argue it's the same. 

I think a 3 game ban is harsh but it's a red card. 

Should have been a second yellow. A straight red and a 3 game ban is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So every kick head height is a red now?

What if someone lines up for an overhead kick and accidentally sparks a defender? Is that a red?

No chance. The only reason this has been given a straight red is because he's hit him plumb in the face and it looks bad.

It's just not a red card. Similar to the Son red that injured Gomes for Everton. Straight red card because of the result, not because of the action.

He either knew where the guy was, in which case it’s dangerous play, or he didn’t in which case it was reckless. The fact he was hit in the face is exactly why it’s a red, the reason for it is irrelevant as either reason warrants a red.

But thankfully I am not a ref!!

Edited by Dahnsouff