Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

28 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

VAR does add drama, premier League football is better on TV but in the stadium itself it has took something away.

In a time with no fans in stadiums though I've been amazed by how much I've enjoyed the football. Watching 10 matches a weekend wouldn't be possible for me if the games weren't excellent viewing.

• Like 1

Just now, twister said:

i am not watching to angry after the brighton game

sounds another cluster show from the refs.

Everton got a pen from the ball hitting Ward's hand from about a yard away. Nothing he could do about it. DCL more or less caught a shot with plenty of time to avoid it. Nothing doing.

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s not that people don’t think a check should happen near the end it’s that he blew the final whistle. except it’s no longer the final whistle now, apparently.

The incident happened before that. I don’t see the issue.

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s not that people don’t think a check should happen near the end it’s that he blew the final whistle. except it’s no longer the final whistle now, apparently.

For VAR to intervene it's meant to be a clear and obvious error, many of which will be because the ref hasn't seen it, I suspect Kavanagh didn't realise it hit his arm. So it seems rather unfair that in blowing his whistle because he hasn't seen something, a team shouldn't get the benefit of VAR because it happened right at the end of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do we have to listen to commentators sucking off everything Rodriguez does all season?

He could pass it out of play and they would say he did it so well.

Ally McCoist has given him MotM based on once piece of control lol he's done nothing all game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

It seems to me nearly every time they change the laws on the back of clarification they make it even more confusing and subjective.

My view is var was brought into infulence matches for the big teams

the handball was changed to give more penalties over a season to those big teams

thats why they keep changing the laws

yes the odd one will go against the big five or 6 but overall its done to help them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The incident happened before that. I don’t see the issue.

well if goals can be disallowed as the shot was before the final whistle i don’t see why penalties are allowed because they were before the final whistle.. the clue is kind of in the name really.. ‘ final whistle’.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do we have to listen to commentators sucking off everything Rodriguez does all season?

He could pass it out of play and they would say he did it so well.

I fully admit that I’m not a professional football fan (I.e. I can’t appreciate a quality midfielder) but having watched the whole game I’m not sure what he’s done to deserve MOTM?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

For VAR to intervene it's meant to be a clear and obvious error, many of which will be because the ref hasn't seen it, I suspect Kavanagh didn't realise it hit his arm. So it seems rather unfair that in blowing his whistle because he hasn't seen something, a team shouldn't get the benefit of VAR because it happened right at the end of the game. 

see my post above..

Edited by MPH