Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That sets one hell of a precedent. How long after the final whistle can decisions be made? 

This is part of rule 5 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-5---the-referee

The referee may not change a restart decision on realising that it is incorrect or on the advice of another match official if play has restarted or the referee has signalled the end of the first or second half (including extra time) and left the field of play or abandoned the match. However, if at the end of the half, the referee leaves the field of play to go to the referee review area (RRA) or to instruct the players to return to the field of play, this does not prevent a decision being changed for an incident which occurred before the end of the half.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I honestly have no idea how anyone can complain about that.

The final whistle doesn't matter for VAR

Added time is always a minimum and it seems fair enough to add on time for the goal and then let them take the corner. I wish this happened more if anything, actually get the right time added on.

The handball rule has both changed and is being enforced according to how Fifa dictate it should be interpreted. The rule is shit but our handballs last year aren't relevant.

how can you restart the game once the whistle has gone. Is the final whistle no longer the final whistle? Makes no sense at all

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Sorry I don’t, you gotta be putting them chances away 

Agreed. Trossard was superb but he really should be hitting the target for the chance where he hit the bar. Brighton were brilliant but their own worst enemies at the same time.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Watching Palace vs Everton. Bout time we had a yellow away kit.

Calvert Lewin is on fire.

Their away kit is superb isn't it. Ancelotti's jacket is a bit of me as well.

As for Calvert-Lewin, he's proof that if you can add hard work and good coaching to obvious ability, a player can really blossom. He's exactly the kind of player that George Hirst should be looking to for inspiration right now.

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

This is part of rule 5 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-5---the-referee

The referee may not change a restart decision on realising that it is incorrect or on the advice of another match official if play has restarted or the referee has signalled the end of the first or second half (including extra time) and left the field of play or abandoned the match. However, if at the end of the half, the referee leaves the field of play to go to the referee review area (RRA) or to instruct the players to return to the field of play, this does not prevent a decision being changed for an incident which occurred before the end of the half.

So in other words, because the Man Utd. players surrounded the ref (illegal conduct), and he wasn't able to leave the pitch, he was stalled long enough for the VAR gods to do their thing.

I hate that football club with a passion. This wouldn't have happened if it was going to go in Brighton's favour. He'd just have booked 2 or 3 of them and taken the match ball off himself.

Edited by OntarioFox

32 minutes ago, Shane said:

One positive is that Man Utd have looked absolutely shocking this season. 

I can’t see them building on this win, their next game is Vs Spurs. Jose is going to school Ole.

I'll be surprised if they're top 6 this season based on what we've seen so far. Should have been trounced today. Jammiest result I've seen in years.

Just now, OntarioFox said:

So in other words, because the Man Utd. players surrounded the ref (illegal conduct), and he wasn't able to leave the pitch, he was stalled long enough for the VAR gods to do their thing.

I hate that football club with a passion. This wouldn't have happened if it was going to go in Brighton's favour.

In other words the referee did exactly the right thing in that instance. The only thing that is wrong is why they were even playing 2 minutes after the Brighton goal.