Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just seen the United incident now. One thing I’ve learnt in my 25 years on this planet is that this game has a funny way of biting you on the arse. Their time will come to get royally ****ed over in the biggest way and I can’t personally wait. Cretins. 

Just now, MPH said:

well if goals can be disallowed as the shot was before the final whistle i don’t see why penalties are allowed because they were before the final whistle.. the clue is kind of in the name really.. ‘ final whistle’.

Because the ball wasn’t in the net when the whistle went, the handball had happened before the whistle went. Totally different.

3 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Poor Everton fans, after 25 years of nothingness they look as though they have a decent team and they can’t see them live. It’d have killed me if this has happened to us in 15/16! 

They look remarkably mid table tbh 

9 minutes ago, Phube said:

I fully admit that I’m not a professional football fan (I.e. I can’t appreciate a quality midfielder) but having watched the whole game I’m not sure what he’s done to deserve MOTM?

His name is pronounced funny.... that’s basically it.

6 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Poor Everton fans, after 25 years of nothingness they look as though they have a decent team and they can’t see them live. It’d have killed me if this has happened to us in 15/16! 

The last time they were good when they won the League in 86/87 they missed out on Europe after the Heysal Stadium disaster when English clubs were banned from European Football.

5 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Still hoping that they turn doggo as usual and finish bottom half but they have made a couple of half decent signings . I’m sure it’ll all end in tears though :fc:

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because the ball wasn’t in the net when the whistle went, the handball had happened before the whistle went. Totally different.

I am certain var was around in 2016 the big wigs would have found someway to deny leicester the title

I will repeat this Var was brought in to help big teams and for no other reason

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

but the shot had been taken... you can’t account for the trajectory of the ball lol

2 minutes ago, twister said:

I am certain var was around in 2016 the big wigs would have found someway to deny leicester the title

It wasn’t, the problem is you still have people using it who have either conscious or subconscious bias around big clubs.

Not because they want them to win, but they know if you make an error and don’t give a big club something you should, you don’t hear the end of it. Against smaller clubs it barely gets a mention.

37 minutes ago, twister said:

My view is var was brought into infulence matches for the big teams

the handball was changed to give more penalties over a season to those big teams

thats why they keep changing the laws

yes the odd one will go against the big five or 6 but overall its done to help them.

3 minutes ago, twister said:

Absolutely correct , I totally agree as there are billion of £’s at stake world wide. This audience is not interested in the Burnley’s, Sheffield, Crystal Palace type of clubs of the world, they demand the big six, marketing, global advertising is vital to the size of the football worldwide product today