Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

55 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No, it was claimed they achieved the same and won trophy. They didn't league wise, because 8th wasn't enough to get them the reward we got, which was a place in Europe. They did get a European place by winning a cup, but they didn't get into Europe and win a cup, they got into Europe by winning a cup. So they didn't achieve the same as us and win a trophy.

It's not difficult:

Leicester's achievements last season:

1) Europa league qualification

Arsenal:

1) Europa league qualification

2) FA Cup

Who got more? Who had the better season? 

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah, but they won the FA cup.

Let’s not start pretending anyone on here is taking 5th over 8th and the FA cup.

4th you could make an argument but not fifth.

I think this also differs by club.

For example, someone like us who has never won the FA Cup and is rarely in Europe would take 8th and an FA Cup win any day over a Top 4 spot.

However, someone like Arsenal would probably prefer Top 4 over an FA Cup win.

As you say, 5th vs 8th and an FA Cup win is a no brainer and should be a 100% response for the latter.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think this also differs by club.

For example, someone like us who has never won the FA Cup and is rarely in Europe would take 8th and an FA Cup win any day over a Top 4 spot.

However, someone like Arsenal would probably prefer Top 4 over an FA Cup win.

As you say, 5th vs 8th and an FA Cup win is a no brainer and should be a 100% response for the latter.

Yeah context is key here.

41 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Man U seem to have sorted themselves out now, really think they can challenge for top 3, they have bought wisely in Edinson Cavani the Uruguayan is 33 but as they say form is temporary but is is permanent. He's showing Progba how to score, a proper hard old school striker

I don't think they'll ever sort themselves out with Solskjaer in charge, fourth is the best they can hope for imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Man U seem to have sorted themselves out now, really think they can challenge for top 3, they have bought wisely in Edinson Cavani the Uruguayan is 33 but as they say form is temporary but is is permanent. He's showing Progba how to score, a proper hard old school striker

you obviously missed the 1st half yesterday they were utterly hopeless. 

Cavani is likely to get banned for 3 games now to. 

They will challenge the top 6 but top 3 is a push. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Anyone see a future for football that ends up more like the rules for 5 a-side with no balls above head height, all played on the deck?

Amount of stoppages would be unreal and free kicks would be near enough pointless.

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dear Congerton in the January transfer market please find us a old fashioned strong Uruguayan striker. One that dosn't mess around in front of goal like Edinson Cavani yesterday, a proper hard old school striker.

I feel like Uruguay should have achieved more with prime Cavani, Forlan and Suaraz as a front 3. 

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/30/manchester-citys-ederson-calls-for-concussion-substitutes-after-david-luiz-incident

Considering he's been responsible for a couple of fine ones, that's a bit rich from him to be thinking of players welfare like this. Or maybe he's hoping concussion substitutes come in so he can make it a tactic?

5 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

How long is a player out with an injury like that? Glad he’s alright. 

Speaking from experience I am still recovering from a linear skull fracture that occurred in early August. I still don’t feel 100% right and am unable to drive or play contact sport.

This one is clearly worst as it required surgery. I really hope the guy properly recovers and plays again, but it is by no means guaranteed 😔

• Like 1

It depends on the person, location of contact, and possible damage underneath the skin. 

Someone with more medical knowledge has said the impact location looks like the temporal bone. That will have been reinforced with metal plates during surgery. The fact he was conscious shortly after surgery indicates that there was no bleed underneath.

So hopefully a positive prognosis, and up to him whether he carries on playing. Of course there may be longer term unforseen complications but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

Edited by The Bear

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It depends on the person, location of contact, and possible damage underneath the skin. 

Someone with more medical knowledge has said the impact location looks like the temporal bone. That will have been reinforced with metal plates during surgery. The fact he was conscious shortly after surgery indicates that there was no bleed underneath.

So hopefully a positive prognosis, and up to him whether he carries on playing. Of course there may be longer term unforseen complications but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

Praying he makes full recovery. Health is more important than anything else but obviously really hope he manages to get back on the pitch 🙏. Good player and would be such a shame if not possible.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dear Congerton in the January transfer market please find us a old fashioned strong Uruguayan striker. One that dosn't mess around in front of goal like Edinson Cavani yesterday, a proper hard old school striker.

Ho Ho Ho

image.png.503d7180256e6cac42fbfab17336d8be.png

Merry Christmas Sonny

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Speaking from experience I am still recovering from a linear skull fracture that occurred in early August. I still don’t feel 100% right and am unable to drive or play contact sport.

😔

Wow, that's tough. What happened?