Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

This is shite from Newcastle even with the 'attacking' players on.

So bad, so hard to watch as someone with an interest in them :( 

To be fair some blame on the personnel tonight also, Shelvey keeps giving the ball straight to Arsenal and Carol has got the touch of a non league player 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

What are people expecting Newcastle to be like? Of course there going to sit back and try and counter.

We were worse than this in the first half at Arsenal. 

I don't think they are trying to sit back and counter though. Every time they get the ball in the midfield they've got no idea what to do with it so pass it back.

It all points to what the club ITK's are saying up there, they do zero work on attacking transitions in training, it's all defensive structure and defensive drills.

Just now, Kingleicester said:

This is bloody disgusting from both teams, league 1 standard, even the fake crowd noise is Scottish football league standards 🤣

Take it from me, not enough swearing and threats of violence towards the linesman.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Take it from me, not enough swearing and threats of violence towards the linesman.

Just now, Kingleicester said:

Flipping liven this pile of shit up tbf!!! 

Be a strange exchange in this game

"How have you missed that you blind bastard?!?!"

"Missed what??"

"Yeah fair enough sorry...."

Arsenal are so, so average. I know we won the game there so the end justifies the means - and I'd waited a lifetime to see it happen. But it still rankles a little that we didn't do it with more style, as we really do have much better players all over the pitch. I guess a few of them were out that night, though.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Love our business model compared to the other 'big' clubs, there's something so satisfying about selling off players for huge sums and bringing in better ones for a fraction of the price. You could say it's a gamble but as we've seen for Chelsea, big spending doesn't always pay off immediately. It's astonishing to think Justin cost us 6-8m  And based on current form and the fact he's establishing himself in the PL, he's got to be worth 50M+ ? What's Barnes worth now, also has to be over 50M.

Another thing I love is you don't get the big ego vibe from any of our players. Radio Leicester say that we are good at getting 'silver medalists' IE players that have something to prove, and that's basically us summed up. Fofana maybe slightly bigger ego than were used to be he's bearly 20 and playing at a 2nd place PL team so you kind of get that, hopefully he is helped to remain humble by the experience in the team. 

Having said all that, there's not a single starting 11 player I'd want to cash in on. Chillwell was good but many of us weren't overly upset he had gone, personally I was kind of hoping he'd go if the fee was right, but I'd be more than gutted to lose a Justin, Barnes, fofana etc. The future is looking bright and now we're getting some depth in the team, even more so.

Yeah this summer is a tougher one, if ricardo doesnt make it back in the team and cement his place then he is probably the one.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Interesting from Steve Bruce tonight lol 

“gloves are off”

“Sick of the criticism”

“here you pricks, have 5 attacking players and no midfield” 

lol almost feel like he wants them to get hammered to shut the fans up. 

Half-time and only 1 shot... and that was off target lol:giggle:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I can't say I blame any team playing this style against Arsenal. OK Newcastle might be taking it to the extreme but Arsenal are inept at playing against the 'low block' it'd be rude not to

I think it's more the 'gloves are off' 'sleeves rolled up' 'lets attack' comments from Bruce that are the issue...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I can't say I blame any team playing this style against Arsenal. OK Newcastle might be taking it to the extreme but Arsenal are inept at playing against the 'low block' it'd be rude not to

You could have finished that comment at "inept".

Edited by Sunbury Fox