Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I get why people might write us off being in a title challenge but if people are speaking about Man U then they have to include us. I think our squad is better than there’s and we have a much better manager.

Man C and Liverpool are the best teams in the league so if they’re saying it’s a two horse race between them then I can just about take it.

To include Man U and not Leicester is pure disrespect.

We're in the race as much as anyone, but I can't see past Man City or Liverpool, still. Great squads, great managers and have been in ridiculous form for 2-3 years. Never mind the fact that we already have 5 losses compared to their 2. 

We can probably only afford to lose 1 or 2 more games...

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

They have some tough games in hand Man City and Everton, and they are going to play them in a condensed time fram.

5 pl games in 13 days.

5 in 13 days - this looks like the pl organising things to stop villa - don't get me wrong,,, I don't want hem to win it - but this is typical of the big club orientation of the pl.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We're in the race as much as anyone, but I can see past Man City or Liverpool, still. Great squads, great managers and have been in ridiculous form for 2-3 years. Never mind the fact that we already have 5 losses compared to their 2. 

We can probably only afford to lose 1 or 2 more games...

Because the season is so open probably works against us ..   I can’t see us winning it either tbh but if we get Champions league qualification I’ll be over the moon.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

5 in 13 days - this looks like the pl organising things to stop villa - don't get me wrong,,, I don't want hem to win it - but this is typical of the big club orientation of the pl.

They were taking the piss a bit with postponed games though so I dont have much sympathy for them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Isn't that the point, so they can take them out of the game if they suspect it?

I think the reason is that many medical professionals really want temporary concussion subs so they can properly assess a player without impacting on the game. So you'd have a clash of heads, sub those players straight away so they can be properly assessed and then brought back on after 10 mins or so if cleared to do so.

The fear is that if you have an important player who may or may not be concussed then the temptation would be to leave them on without a proper diagnosis by a doctor.

• Like 1

Simon Jordan defending Lampard by saying he has a higher ceiling than Ole. On what basis? What has he seen from Lsmpard to suggest he will be better than Ole in the long run. I dont rate Ole but he is at least improving United.